Author Topic: Vans video.  (Read 150744 times)

winecrab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Vans video.
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2015, 12:04:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Have really high hopes for this due to the skaters involved and Greg Hunt being in charge of it. I think most people expect Ave to have the ender, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was one of the younger guys such as Elijah or Dan Lu.
[close]
There is no fucking way AVE gets the ender.

^This. I've seen a lot of talk on here of him getting the ender. If any of the older dudes get the last part it should be Rowley. When I think of vans he's the first person that comes to mind. He's probably been filming for this since extremely sorry came out and it might be his last full part. Either him or Dollin. Dollin could definitely film an insane part, he AlWAYS delivers.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2015, 12:22:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Have really high hopes for this due to the skaters involved and Greg Hunt being in charge of it. I think most people expect Ave to have the ender, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was one of the younger guys such as Elijah or Dan Lu.
[close]
[close]

^This. I've seen a lot of talk on here of him getting the ender. If any of the older dudes get the last part it should be Rowley. When I think of vans he's the first person that comes to mind. He's probably been filming for this since extremely sorry came out and it might be his last full part. Either him or Dollin. Dollin could definitely film an insane part, he AlWAYS delivers.
Umm.. Ave's been filming since Mindfield came out which is before Extremely Sorry and has already put out two insane parts working with Greg Hunt. Whoever earns last part should get it, don't know why anyone is saying "no fucking way AVE gets the ender"

Dirty Daventry

• Rep: -25
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2015, 05:17:02 AM »
Andy Roy? Is he on Vans?

I reckon that Chris Pfanner will have a full 4-5 minute part, but in the middle of the part therell be a mini montage of the AntiHero dudes like Trujillo, Grosso, Allen, Cardiel etc
Catch me at the crib getting light to Jeff Mangum
It's fun to do bad things like rhyme about handguns

pepperpotts

• Rep: -33
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2015, 05:44:29 AM »
Why was Jonh Fitzgerald let go again?

tidwid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2015, 06:13:13 AM »
They didn't want to pay him to wear nikes.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2015, 06:59:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Umm.. Ave's been filming since Mindfield came out which is before Extremely Sorry and has already put out two insane parts working with Greg Hunt. Whoever earns last part should get it, don't know why anyone is saying "no fucking way AVE gets the ender"

Plus vans has been promoting the hell out of AVE in the past 1-2 years, isn't he getting a full spread ad once every 3 months ?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2015, 07:11:53 AM »
There's no way that Geoff Rowley won't have a full part. He's already transitioning into behind the scenes work at Flip, and I think he's well aware that this will be his last hurrah. Dude's a professional, he'll make it count. And as for everyone who thinks that AVE's part isn't last part worthy, you're crazy. Everything he's released since Mind Field has been top notch.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:20:52 AM by frank gerwer's nose »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2015, 07:36:20 AM »
Dollin will have the best part of the OG crew
Gilbert or Pfanner shut it down for the young uns
After seeing the Lockwood clip most excited to see Andrew Allens fits

GeorgeM

• Rep: -12
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2015, 08:37:04 AM »
There's no way that Geoff Rowley won't have a full part. He's already transitioning into behind the scenes work at Flip, and I think he's well aware that this will be his last hurrah. Dude's a professional, he'll make it count. And as for everyone who thinks that AVE's part isn't last part worthy, you're crazy. Everything he's released since Mind Field has been top notch.

Agreed dude.  Rowley has been talking about this Video for along time.  I can't imagine he won't have a full part.  I know it means shit, but his Battle Commander last year was rad.  He's still on it.

The legends will prolly be montaged, along with the Anti-Hero guys, and maybe Cardiel.  I hope they give the Legends a bit of a retrospective of their careers.  Could be the last big vid for Grosso, Hosoi, Card, Cab, Alva, etc.

As far as DD, is he physically able to put it down the way he used to?  I hope so, that kid is insane.  The injuries and the drinks may have taken their toll. 

I think AVE, Curren or Rowley will have ender.  I'm gonna go with Rowley, just because he is such a full on mouthpiece for Vans.  Curren will be a massive talent, and will be the face of Vans.  Plus he must get some quality tail.

Also looking forward to Daniel Lutheran.  Every video I have seen of him has been a good jam.  Seems like a good kid.  I'm rooting for him.  I remember him telling a hilarious story about J-Lay getting Popsicled by a rail and he took a 'hospital' shit and Lutheran had to wipe him up.  Just the way he told the story made me howl.  Seems like a solid dude.

I still left out a bunch of dudes.  I would not want to be the person who had to decide the run order.  Some dudes will be bummed regardless.  Can't please everyone.  I am so hyped on this.  Tons of peeps are stoked on this Video.  I hope they knock it out of the park, further making Plan B's LIES look a complete joke.
Tony, do that ollie, you know the one at Del Mar...Ssssiiiiiiccccck. - T. Guerrero, The Search for Animal Chin.

abudabi

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2015, 11:26:53 AM »
^if curren has ender ill paypal you 20 bucks

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2015, 11:30:24 AM »
I just saw Jay Lay switch 360 flip the 15 at the house of hammers, then i saw him in an instagram clip at the Hollywood 16......soooo maybe??
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 11:32:48 AM by Monkey_Mcpott »

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »
I just saw Jay Lay switch 360 flip the 15 at the house of hammers, then i saw him in an instagram clip at the Hollywood 16......soooo maybe??

You got a link for that or did you see it in real life? Chima said jlay was gonna try it down wallenberg

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2015, 12:03:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You got a link for that or did you see it in real life? Chima said jlay was gonna try it down wallenberg

Naw i just saw 2 separate instagram clips of the house of hammer clip and then him warming up on the flat part at the Hollywood stairs, i just kinda put 2 and 2 together and thought you know what I think Layton could definitely switch tre the 16.

fukkboyslim

• Rep: -19
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »
Isn't Peter Hewitt on the team? I swore I saw something of him filming for the video on instagram.

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »
I'm putting my money on Gilbert or Chima having last part. Both are in their prime and have been killing it lately. Obviously they haven't released too much (as they're busy working on the video), but there were glimpses of both of them killing it.

I'm really hoping for Rowley having a full part, but I won't be disappointed if he doesn't. As for AVE, I guess he's gonna have a really gnarly part, but for some reason I don't see him getting the ender. Probably second to last part, just like Mindfield.

GeorgeM

• Rep: -12
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2015, 12:10:54 PM »

HaHa. abudabi you're probably right dude.  Some of you cats know way more about this stuff than I do.  I just like Curren.  I know he takes some heat, but he handles it well, I think he rips.  Not to mention he's marketable as shit.  I though they may try to push him to the forefront.

You pick who you think will have the ender, and if you're right, I will send you some Canadian beer of PayPal 20 bucks.  My word.
Tony, do that ollie, you know the one at Del Mar...Ssssiiiiiiccccck. - T. Guerrero, The Search for Animal Chin.

abudabi

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2015, 12:19:11 PM »
I'm putting my money on Gilbert or Chima having last part. Both are in their prime and have been killing it lately. Obviously they haven't released too much (as they're busy working on the video), but there were glimpses of both of them killing it.
super hyped to see the stuff those two got. gilbert's had a bunch of amazing photos, and we get to see the footage of that aws kickflip backside noseblunt ad. i remember someone on this forum saying chima had been going nuts filming for this video and his real part was already pretty incredible, so this should be rad.

GeorgeM i think curren's stuff will probably be rad. im stoked to see his transition footage. i just dont think hes going to have ender worthy footage considering all the hype around this video, and hes pretty young so it would be kind of strange. i dont have a pick for ender besides not curren haha. i could see a bunch of different guys on that team having the ender so i cant really make a call. ave, dollin, rowley, chima, gilbert.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2015, 01:05:36 PM »
filming trip (trips?) for the vans video. theres a bunch of random clips/attempts in there

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:10:44 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HaHa. abudabi you're probably right dude.  Some of you cats know way more about this stuff than I do.  I just like Curren.  I know he takes some heat, but he handles it well, I think he rips.  Not to mention he's marketable as shit.  I though they may try to push him to the forefront.

You pick who you think will have the ender, and if you're right, I will send you some Canadian beer of PayPal 20 bucks.  My word.
Too bad Curren already said he didn't have enough footage for a full part.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2015, 03:08:23 PM »
I'm predicting Kyle Walker to open up the video (turns pro during the premiere) and AVE with the ender

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »
I'm predicting Kyle Walker to open up the video (turns pro during the premiere) and AVE with the ender

I never saw a shoe company turns someone pro during  premiere day.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2015, 04:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jim Thiebaud and the real team will simply bring a board and surprise him ... Nothing new here. Figgy turned pro after the Stay Gold premiere.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2015, 04:23:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Jim Thiebaud and the real team will simply bring a board and surprise him ... Nothing new here. Figgy turned pro after the Stay Gold premiere.

Robbie Brockel still am. :(

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2015, 04:41:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yup and Shane Heyl turned pro after the shake junt video ..... Soo yeah pretty much anything can happen.

SK8houses

• Rep: -2
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »
he might have done it but he will not be in the vans video anymore.

abudabi

« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2015, 05:58:53 PM »
^is it true he's off of toy and vans? that was a rumor a little while ago

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2015, 06:52:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He's still on the Vans site and it sounds like he got some heavy stuff (Pulaski ollie, potential switch 360 down Hollywood 16) I doubt they'd kick him off right before a video as they have little reason to leave him up on the site as he doesn't have a signature line with Vans. Granted Keegan Sauder is still on the site and i don't think anyone is expecting much from him at this point.

S.E.

« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
He's still on the Vans site and it sounds like he got some heavy stuff (Pulaski ollie, potential switch 360 down Hollywood 16) I doubt they'd kick him off right before a video as they have little reason to leave him up on the site as he doesn't have a signature line with Vans. Granted Keegan Sauder is still on the site and i don't think anyone is expecting much from him at this point.

j lay just posted a photo to insta like a few weeks ago saying they were getting like literal last minute tricks for the vid so he'll definitely be in there.  I think we'll all be surprised how many dudes come through for this video.  this is a pretty big deal for vans.  first legit full length skateboard video in nearly 50 years since the brands inception....people wont fuck around. 

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2015, 05:17:26 PM »

WTF!!!!

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:24 PM »
j lay just posted a photo to insta like a few weeks ago saying they were getting like literal last minute tricks for the vid so he'll definitely be in there.  I think we'll all be surprised how many dudes come through for this video.  this is a pretty big deal for vans.  first legit full length skateboard video in nearly 50 years since the brands inception....people wont fuck around. 

Was that sarcasm or does this person actually types the "likes?"