Author Topic: Vans video.  (Read 150518 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Vans video.
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2015, 05:31:13 PM »
Gilbert seems like changed all his trick select since Ride the Sky.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #331 on: April 23, 2015, 05:33:34 PM »
who skated to Slayer?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #332 on: April 23, 2015, 05:41:31 PM »
Haha Dill's shirt is great

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #333 on: April 23, 2015, 06:01:15 PM »

Indeed! #dadcore
Seriously though:
> talks about filming for the vans video in every single interview he's done in the last 5 years
>> only has 3 tricks?
I guess he still did better than PJ :'(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:13:37 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sms_b

« Reply #334 on: April 23, 2015, 07:00:43 PM »
every time I see a picture of dollin i get depressed, it's like seeing your uncle go from with-it-cool to drooling-incompetent-alcoholic. 

jomeara1

« Reply #335 on: April 23, 2015, 07:02:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Indeed! #dadcore
Seriously though:
> talk about filming for the vans video in every single interview he's done in the last 5 years
>> only has 3 tricks?

Seems like a pretty common thing these days.  Starting to get annoyed when companies send out an ad of their next video coming out with all of their feature riders on it and only 1/4 (or even less) of them have full parts.  I remember I was annoyed when Pretty Sweet came out and Rick McCrank had literally like 1 trick, yet he was included in the big line up of skaters giving everyone a false impression that he was gonna have a full part.

McJagger

• Rep: 1
« Reply #336 on: April 23, 2015, 07:43:39 PM »
every time I see a picture of dollin i get depressed, it's like seeing your uncle go from with-it-cool to drooling-incompetent-alcoholic. 

exactly.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2015, 09:09:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

exactly.

you guys should go throw your skateboards away

McJagger

• Rep: 1
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2015, 09:15:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

exactly.
[close]

you guys should go throw your skateboards away

already did.  feeling a lot better now.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #339 on: April 23, 2015, 09:54:39 PM »

Seems like a pretty common thing these days.  Starting to get annoyed when companies send out an ad of their next video coming out with all of their feature riders on it and only 1/4 (or even less) of them have full parts.  I remember I was annoyed when Pretty Sweet came out and Rick McCrank had literally like 1 trick, yet he was included in the big line up of skaters giving everyone a false impression that he was gonna have a full part.

I forgot about that but now I'm angry again.

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #340 on: April 23, 2015, 10:05:19 PM »
The Illusion gettin his review on too. Gotta love the guy, high frequencies man.

Bill

• Rep: -32
« Reply #341 on: April 23, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
Keep in mind people may have filmed a whole bunch of footage for a full part but Greg Hunt in responsible for editing. Someone might have 20 clips and only 10 make it into the video.

The "Pretty Sweet" Syndrome.

They have stacks of footage but they're giving the young guns more camera time. I'm sure we'll see a B-Side with more footy of the Vets or what not. I guess they have a time limit and they have to "Kill Puppies" in order to meet that time-line quota.
Rule #1

Fashion Never Function

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2015, 12:31:20 AM »
That article read like it was wrote by the assistant manager of a zumiez.

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2015, 04:21:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Indeed! #dadcore
Seriously though:
> talks about filming for the vans video in every single interview he's done in the last 5 years
>> only has 3 tricks?

And somehow managed to exceed all expectations

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2015, 05:18:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wasn't McCrank actually hurt and only had one trick filmed? No B-sides and he pointed at his wrist tape before the 5050...
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2015, 05:24:46 AM »
 the Illusion tells me that Curren Caples is raw as fuck. i choose to believe
where is home?

antihero4lyfe

• Rep: -6
« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2015, 05:40:45 AM »
TNT more or less invented modern skateboarding. everybody else suck a dick

jomeara1

« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2015, 06:17:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Wasn't McCrank actually hurt and only had one trick filmed? No B-sides and he pointed at his wrist tape before the 5050...

I can't remember honestly but youre probably right.  He's just an example anyway, there are so many others these days.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2015, 06:28:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
NOONE ASKED ABOUT JULIEN, DOES JULIEN HAVE ANY TRICKS
[close]

Feel silly for being that guy, guess I'm super bored...I don't see him on the vans website nor his name on the propeller flyer. Unless I'm totally blind, no Julien Stranger.

http://www.vans.com/propeller.html
[close]

He's on the Syndicate team like Dressen

Isn't dill just on the syndicate division,

abudabi

« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2015, 06:32:01 AM »
i refuse to believe mccrank had 1 trick filmed for pretty sweet. i have an interview with him from like 2009 or 2010 where hes talking about filming for "the new chocolate video". 1 trick in 4-5 years filming doesnt seem possible for someone like mccrank, even with injuries

jomeara1

« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2015, 06:33:24 AM »
Expand Quote
every time I see a picture of dollin i get depressed, it's like seeing your uncle go from with-it-cool to drooling-incompetent-alcoholic.�
[close]

exactly.

Yeah I don't know why but I feel that way too.  I know he's always been like that but I guess the older he gets the more I think "Dude you need to get your shit together" lol.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #351 on: April 24, 2015, 07:24:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
NOONE ASKED ABOUT JULIEN, DOES JULIEN HAVE ANY TRICKS
[close]

Feel silly for being that guy, guess I'm super bored...I don't see him on the vans website nor his name on the propeller flyer. Unless I'm totally blind, no Julien Stranger.

http://www.vans.com/propeller.html
[close]

He's on the Syndicate team like Dressen

[close]

Isn't dill just on the syndicate division,

I don't think so. I remember him saying that Vans was going to turn Syndicate into a full brand and he was supposed to be the first pro on it but they decided to keep Syndicate as is and put him fully on the team.

skateordie

• Rep: -40
« Reply #352 on: April 24, 2015, 08:46:05 AM »
"broke the internet" dill? hockey video was ill and all, but that's a stretch. come on now. you sound as crazy as a scientologist.

antihero4lyfe

• Rep: -6
« Reply #353 on: April 24, 2015, 08:51:40 AM »
dill was clearly high on something at that premier.

yungCOLDsweat

• Rep: -10
« Reply #354 on: April 24, 2015, 09:48:59 AM »
Did anyone notice in that Monster Children article that the author vaguely mentioned, "One of them came out the morning of the Propeller premiere," when referring to Tony, Andrew Allen, and Pfanner?
"Yung Nigga 2 Yung"

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #355 on: April 24, 2015, 09:50:08 AM »
Did anyone notice in that Monster Children article that the author vaguely mentioned, "One of them came out the morning of the Propeller premiere," when referring to Tony, Andrew Allen, and Pfanner?
One of the videos came out the morning of Propeller, referring to Moigle Splatter.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #356 on: April 24, 2015, 09:52:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I can't remember honestly but youre probably right.  He's just an example anyway, there are so many others these days.

If you rewatch that part again he actually does the 50-50 with the cast on so.....yeah  ???

yungCOLDsweat

• Rep: -10
« Reply #357 on: April 24, 2015, 09:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
One of the videos came out the morning of Propeller, referring to Moigle Splatter.

Good looks. I thought that they were possibly referring to Allen or Pfanner coming out gay.
"Yung Nigga 2 Yung"

jomeara1

« Reply #358 on: April 24, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

If you rewatch that part again he actually does the 50-50 with the cast on so.....yeah  ???

Could it be possible that some of these skaters with little to no footage in videos are just as pissed off as we are??  I know it sounds silly and ridiculous but maybe some of these guys have tons of footage and then when the premier comes around they all find out that they actually don't have parts and just have 1 or 2 tricks edited in the video and then its just a big slap in the face saying "fuck you, we're just gonna focus on the young dudes from now on" and then theyre pretty much forced to put a big smile on their faces saying how much they love the video and if they don't they get the boot. ...yeah sounds stupid.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #359 on: April 24, 2015, 01:52:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Could it be possible that some of these skaters with little to no footage in videos are just as pissed off as we are??  I know it sounds silly and ridiculous but maybe some of these guys have tons of footage and then when the premier comes around they all find out that they actually don't have parts and just have 1 or 2 tricks edited in the video and then its just a big slap in the face saying "fuck you, we're just gonna focus on the young dudes from now on" and then theyre pretty much forced to put a big smile on their faces saying how much they love the video and if they don't they get the boot. ...yeah sounds stupid.

Could be, all i know is that Castillo said somewhere that he was pissed about his one line that was in pretty sweet because he claimed he had more footage. I found this hard to believe since he usually never has enough for a full part, but then went on and said that his leftover footage was gonna be in the primitive video. Yeah so he only had like 5 tricks in that so another possibility is that maybe these guys just never got around to filming anything and realized it was too late by the deadline. Not trying to compare McCrank and Castillo because McCrank has always delivered with footage until pretty sweet.