Author Topic: Vans video.  (Read 150535 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Vans video.
« Reply #510 on: May 05, 2015, 12:36:13 AM »
Just came in here to say a few things that havent been said or i might have missed someone saying from what they saw at the premiers:

1. Ray Barbees tricks were amazing! that blunt heelflip he does.... wow!!  :o

2. Rowley has a full part! not as long as his past parts but def almost a 4 min sick part that delivers!

3. Dan Lus part was definitely the most beautifully edited music wise and trick wise. It was just amazing!

The film as whole definitely lived up to my expectations. Will give it a second viewing tomorrow for anything i missed the first time.

Also heres a second angle of AVEs feeble bs 180, i tried to get it as close to the infamous picture lol

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:40:28 AM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Boomhauer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #511 on: May 05, 2015, 12:55:59 AM »
who do i ask for a link

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #512 on: May 05, 2015, 01:14:30 AM »
Just finished watching it and it for sure lived up to my expectations and then some
I retract my previous statement about the hardcopy, I will gladly fork up the money for shoes if it means getting this video on DVD
AVE SOTY

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #513 on: May 05, 2015, 01:19:04 AM »
Surprisingly got a notification from iTunes through my iPhone today around 6pm HST about it being available for viewing. I pre-ordered it about 2 days ago and i gotta it lived through the hype. I'm on the same boat as most about Dan Lu's part! it stood out the most for me. Wanted more from AA. Wasn't a fan of Rowan then but i'am now. TNT's wall ride to Boneless Pop-out of the wall to bomb drop on the narrow hill/bank is gnarly.

deadhead

• Rep: -2
« Reply #514 on: May 05, 2015, 01:44:26 AM »
Rowelys part was soo much fun to watch, I've never had that much fun and such a large grin watching skateboarding

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #515 on: May 05, 2015, 01:55:41 AM »
Rowelys part was soo much fun to watch, I've never had that much fun and such a large grin watching skateboarding
Same, his part got me so stoked I nearly forgot to finish the rest of the video.

plod

« Reply #516 on: May 05, 2015, 02:22:08 AM »
Why the fuck is it only on iTunes? I don't use apple.

dumb.tired

• Rep: 0
« Reply #517 on: May 05, 2015, 02:48:51 AM »
notes from a third viewing:
-dan lu for sure has the most enjoyable (arguably the best) part.
-after the second time watching, i ran out of smokes and bombed to the gas station drunk (honestly 2nd best part after dan lu's)
-kyle walker skating to that roxy music song is so on point. dude blew me away. pause.
-AA does so much switch shit it's stupid. DD is a nice cap to his part.
-dill is a joke.
-TNT & AVE's parts are so goddamned good that it justifies both of them using 3-letter acronym nicknames at age 36??
-chima's last few tricks are bonkers.
-rowan is the kid.
-rowley is the man.
-pfanner GOES.
-berle GOES.
-caples rips but his song/the quick editing take away from his part.
-barros had the most unexpectedly enjoyable part.
-crockett skating to smog :)

s/o to a skate video keeping me up until ~6:00am, I've missed this.

ny1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #518 on: May 05, 2015, 03:25:28 AM »
Why the fuck is it only on iTunes? I don't use apple.

It's also on Google Play, Amazon, Xbox.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #519 on: May 05, 2015, 04:22:20 AM »
Bought it, glad I did too.  If you love skateboarding enough to join a message board and bitch about it with a bunch of weirdos then you should be able to find 10$ to keep the full length skate video alive.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:42:59 PM by witty pseudonym »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #520 on: May 05, 2015, 04:34:38 AM »
Crocket's arms are amazing.

It is like he is performing a karate kata or conducting an orchestra.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #521 on: May 05, 2015, 05:54:41 AM »
Thoughts:
-No Van trick  :-[
-Chima and Kyle Walker are the new kings of the gap and rail game, respectively. Did not expect that from either of them, especially Kyle Walker.
-It's 2015, there's no excuse to reuse a song when you can find out if it's been used within 15 seconds.
-Rowan looks like Maeby Funke. His arms are pretty squirrely but I'm a fan nonetheless. Does a hill bomb ender count if you don't include the hill bomb?
-TNT really came through. That cess slide was no joke.
-Daniel Lutheran has that perfect sketchy style.
-Parts that were really good but I won't watch again: Pfanner, Elijah Berle.
-Gilbert Crockett had great footage, but part of me wishes he skated to just one song instead of two halves of two songs. One of the parts of the video for me, either way.
-Andrew Allen's footage was good but felt out of place. Dustin Dollin: three noseslides and a pop shove it tail grab.
-I pity Geoff Rowley in a way because it seems like his body is light years behind what his mind wants to be doing on a skateboard. I'm psyched to see he's still out there and it looks like he had fun filming this part and it was fun to watch.
-AVE, I mean, Anthony - what is there to say about this part? You knew exactly what it was gonna be but it was still mindblowing to see him at it when he's almost 40. The Guy/Dill tricks fit great, he does every switch backside ledge trick there is, and he fucking dwarfs that rail in New York at the end. My pick for SOTY for sure. Only thing it was missing was this:

-Outfits of the video: Coon skin cap, lined denim jacket, Andrew Allen.

It's so great that, after the True fiasco, Vans reminds us that video can meet (and exceed) hype. I hate buying videos on iTunes but it's worth it in this case.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:33:36 AM by frank gerwer's nose »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #522 on: May 05, 2015, 06:14:25 AM »
http://we.tl/DlKgOBLPpc

DRM Removal software if anyone that bought it wants to rip it and repost. I've already give vans 1/3 of my income for the last 10 years... so ima skip out on buying this.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #523 on: May 05, 2015, 06:18:49 AM »
Is that Mac only?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #524 on: May 05, 2015, 06:22:00 AM »
http://we.tl/dMHmAWyPNL

Heres a windows program.

Gnatpant

• Rep: 4
« Reply #525 on: May 05, 2015, 07:03:22 AM »
Watched chima TNT crockett and Andrew Allen's part before work today and I'm still all giddy. Shit rules so hard so worth the wait.

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #526 on: May 05, 2015, 07:13:16 AM »
Well fuck.  Reading through this thread has got me too anxious.  Guess I'll have to buy from iTunes and buy again when a physical copy is released.  Oh well, keeping the full length game alive I reckon.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to buy shoes to get the DVD though.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #527 on: May 05, 2015, 08:01:50 AM »
Well fuck.  Reading through this thread has got me too anxious.  Guess I'll have to buy from iTunes and buy again when a physical copy is released.  Oh well, keeping the full length game alive I reckon.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to buy shoes to get the DVD though.

if you see the gilbert crockett part you only want to wear no other shoe then the crockett mid!
if you wear the crockett mid you want to watch no other part then gilbert crockett.
its a closed circuit

richhomie

• Rep: -3
« Reply #528 on: May 05, 2015, 08:17:05 AM »
The video rules. I really want to see it again. It would be sick if somebody passed me a Phillip Morris cigarette  ;)
http://TheDiplohats.etsy.com

my vintage hat store ^

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #529 on: May 05, 2015, 08:23:05 AM »
Fuck... I have to wait till I get out of work before I can get my iTunes gift card.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #530 on: May 05, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »
DVD with book and bonus coming in June.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

reallygudsk8rkid

• Rep: -41
  • Don't Look Before You Leap
« Reply #531 on: May 05, 2015, 08:44:19 AM »
Glad to see Justin Regans name on the bill. Knew he would do the Vans vid correct.

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #532 on: May 05, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you see the gilbert crockett part you only want to wear no other shoe then the crockett mid!
if you wear the crockett mid you want to watch no other part then gilbert crockett.
its a closed circuit

Haha. I believe you about the watch no other part but Gilbert statement.  We'll have to see on the wear no other shoe thing though.  Last 8 or 9 pairs of shoes have been Lakai Griffins, and I don't see the need to change that up anytime soon.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #533 on: May 05, 2015, 08:59:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

its a closed circuit
[close]

Haha. I believe you about the watch no other part but Gilbert statement.  We'll have to see on the wear no other shoe thing though.  Last 8 or 9 pairs of shoes have been Lakai Griffins, and I don't see the need to change that up anytime soon.

the last part of that griffins dude was fucking boring... you will see - gilbert will speak to you in the video:
..buy my shoe for ever and eternity!...

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #534 on: May 05, 2015, 09:05:42 AM »
There was an impressive amount of LA footage in there, I'm glad they didn't just fly everyone to China.

They tried china but it rained the whole time. Sign from the gods

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #535 on: May 05, 2015, 09:11:09 AM »
Bought it, glad I did too.  If you love skateboarding enough to join a message board and bitch about it with a bunch of weirdos then you should be about to find 10$ to keep the full length skate video alive. 
Totally agree
It's an hour of quality skateboarding

BMCsteve

« Reply #536 on: May 05, 2015, 09:19:41 AM »
I would happily purchase this for $11.99 if I didn't still owe iTunes $33 from 2009

Gnatpant

• Rep: 4
« Reply #537 on: May 05, 2015, 09:24:45 AM »
I would happily purchase this for $11.99 if I didn't still owe iTunes $33 from 2009

Buy it on amazon homie I think it was 12.99 for hd

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #538 on: May 05, 2015, 09:34:55 AM »
I think my eyeballs just melted out of my skull. TNT is a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAST

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #539 on: May 05, 2015, 09:37:48 AM »
Wait how do you owe iTunes money? ???