Author Topic: Vans video.  (Read 150786 times)

Murdercapital

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Vans video.
« Reply #570 on: May 05, 2015, 02:38:40 PM »
Kyle Walker should be getting a lot more love. I never cared for anything else he put out but that part was ender quality for any other video. Same can be said for Rowan Zorilla. Barbie's tricks in the intro were awesome too. Also worth mentioning is that fact that every single kick flip that occurred was perfect. If you didn't notice the first time through, take note.
Random comment about the kickflips. And you must be forgetting the over-rotated one Pedro Barros saves at 43:00. It was rad, but just sayin.

doritosandbudweiser

• Rep: 0
« Reply #571 on: May 05, 2015, 02:41:44 PM »
why the fuck this shit isnt available for third world countries?

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #572 on: May 05, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »
Does Google Play play like shit for everyone else? It skips a lot for me.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #573 on: May 05, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Kyle Walker should be getting a lot more love. I never cared for anything else he put out but that part was ender quality for any other video. Same can be said for Rowan Zorilla. Barbie's tricks in the intro were awesome too. Also worth mentioning is that fact that every single kick flip that occurred was perfect. If you didn't notice the first time through, take note.
[close]
Random comment about the kickflips. And you must be forgetting the over-rotated one Pedro Barros saves at 43:00. It was rad, but just sayin.
What I meant by perfect was popped, leveled, and flicked perfect. Yeah, the somewhat sketch landing was especially awesome considering the fucked up run he did that was a part of it, and the amount of speed and height he did it with.

Expand Quote
And fucking Pedro Barros made every other tranny pro look like children the way he blasted air in anything.
[close]

whoa. whoa. whoa.  lets not get carried away now

Well except for that guy, but GT is a freak.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #574 on: May 05, 2015, 02:52:32 PM »
Expand Quote
curren caples had the WORST part of the video lol

what a bitch

[close]

Lol I didn't think it was that bad.  That smith grind he did was huge.  I also noticed he did a total of like 2 flip tricks.
smith and feeble grinds dont count unless + 21 stairs
nothing worst that blonde cali skatepark babies

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #575 on: May 05, 2015, 02:57:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

what a bitch

[close]

Lol I didn't think it was that bad.  That smith grind he did was huge.  I also noticed he did a total of like 2 flip tricks.
[close]

It was the weakest part, and that's his biggest problem, he skates weak. That said, it was my favorite part of his. He is gaining more power and it was evident in the part. He still often times looks like tricks are happening to him rather than he is doing tricks. If I were to start skipping parts in this video, it would be his. For all that negative shit I just said about it, I still liked it.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #576 on: May 05, 2015, 03:41:29 PM »
just downloaded it ;D havent been more excited to watch a video in awhile

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #577 on: May 05, 2015, 03:41:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

what a bitch

[close]

[close]

[close]
It was the weakest part, and that's his biggest problem, he skates weak. That said, it was my favorite part of his. He is gaining more power and it was evident in the part. He still often times looks like tricks are happening to him rather than he is doing tricks. If I were to start skipping parts in this video, it would be his. For all that negative shit I just said about it, I still liked it.
def his best stuff ... hard to give a fuck about him after seeing TNT fuck shit up like a grown man 

i think TNT had my fav part fosho

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #578 on: May 05, 2015, 03:42:49 PM »
Kyle Walker should be getting a lot more love. I never cared for anything else he put out but that part was ender quality for any other video.

Ha isn't that the truth. A couple tricks into his part and I was thinking to myself, newsflash - Kyle Walker is fucking GOOD.

And I think Elijah might have my favorite part of the video just on the sheer variety of his barging. He picks good spots. That frontside wallride he does and grinds the top of the wall is outrageous. I'm not even sure many people could get to the top of that wall going backside.

EDIT: And re-watching TNT's part right now...it's making me feel really dumb thinking about the spots and tricks that have scared me in the past.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 03:45:39 PM by heritage »

artsy

• Rep: 14
« Reply #579 on: May 05, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »

And I think Elijah might have my favorite part of the video just on the sheer variety of his barging. He picks good spots. That frontside wallride he does and grinds the top of the wall is outrageous. I'm not even sure many people could get to the top of that wall going backside.

Glad to see someone else like EB too. He had my favorite part in Pretty Sweet and his part in this is even better.

If I had to choose a favorite part, it would probably be Pfanner. That gap to back lip he does is so fast I could barely comprehend it.

plod

« Reply #580 on: May 05, 2015, 03:49:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Why the fuck is it only on iTunes? I don't use apple.
[close]

It's also on Google Play, Amazon, Xbox.

Rad - Bought it last night on google play used 2 gigs of my mobile data! couldn't wait until I had wireless.

Ave and Elijah parts where awesome, it was all good though, love the pace of the whole thing.

Also from Danijel Stankovic's Instagram ( All credit to him! he made these - fucking hilarious )

R.A.V.E

BR.A.V.E

C.A.V.E

A.V.E.NGERS

D.A.V.E DUNCAN

Owl

• Rep: -2
« Reply #581 on: May 05, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »
Whole video was sick! I didn't understand why elijahs back 5050 down the curve rail was his ender. Grant Taylor does this in mindfield.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #582 on: May 05, 2015, 04:03:46 PM »
Damn I really want to buy this but I hate buying digital shit. I know I'll end up buying the disc when it comes out and I don't want to buy it twice.

Skate Goat

• Rep: 2
« Reply #583 on: May 05, 2015, 04:06:52 PM »
Whole video was sick! I didn't understand why elijahs back 5050 down the curve rail was his ender. Grant Taylor does this in mindfield.
Watch it again. It's over the back to grind.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #584 on: May 05, 2015, 04:09:49 PM »
I just finished Gilbert's part. I love the whole video so far. TNT really surprised me. Dan Lu makes me sentimental. Both of Gilbert's songs were horrible. The first one especially.

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #585 on: May 05, 2015, 04:13:24 PM »
Thanks Greg Hunt!

AVE, Crockett, Chima, Pfanner, TNT, Barros came through with what I expected, awesome!

Prior to this I Didn't really know what Dan Lu was about, but his part was brilliant.

Who was skating vert before Grosso? Was it Caballero?  (Only watched it once in its entirety). If so, that finger flip was so graceful.

I didn't expect a Dill part but the 5 ticks, regardless of how many times he has thrown them down, were a thing of beauty.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #586 on: May 05, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »
I just finished Gilbert's part. I love the whole video so far. TNT really surprised me. Dan Lu makes me sentimental. Both of Gilbert's songs were horrible. The first one especially.

What? Those were my favorite songs in the video. Smog and Magnolia Electric Co are sick.

Ave and Gilbert's parts were definitely my favs. Andrew Allen had some nice fits as well.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #587 on: May 05, 2015, 05:47:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What? Those were my favorite songs in the video. Smog and Magnolia Electric Co are sick.

Ave and Gilbert's parts were definitely my favs. Andrew Allen had some nice fits as well.

I just think they worked against the skating. Those are mood creating songs, and it turns out I'm not into it. I hope there's a re-edit contest or something.

TheGreyLodge

• Rep: 0
« Reply #588 on: May 05, 2015, 05:58:53 PM »
The trick selection in the video was the greatest surprise, to me.

Numerous late shuvs, a couple of hippy jumps and a noticeable absence of frontside flips, for a big production video. What an unexpected surprise.

-Typically a sucker for all things Gilbert, his songs were kindof a weird fit. The man has an immensity of power behind his skating. The straight ollie over the chain link fence from the Vans (I think?) ad was bonkers.
-TNT's part was full of blistering insanity. Everyone at the premier flipped over the tail slide down the side of that huge natural fullpipe. Slayer was a must. The perpendicular boneless he did on that ramp drop-in thing that Rowan skates was psychotic.
-Chima delivered more than I'd expected (Don't ask why) His ender was so laid back! That spot (Dylan-impossible tail grab) has served some fools up, he just coasted the varial heel. He has the best song of the video, case closed.
-Hopefully that wasn't the curtains for Dustin Dollin. His skating still delivers the reckless spark that so many ams and pros of today just cannot summon, regardless of undeniable talent.
-What ever happened to the Boys of Summer video? Maybe Andrew Allen is holding some more footage for that, if/when it comes out. Hopefully so, he has fits for some tropical fruit smuggling Miami Vice villain shit. That ancient switch big flip down the double set was awesome to finally see in motion.

rideflannel

« Reply #589 on: May 05, 2015, 06:04:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I thought it was a good fit. Now Gilbert has skated to two songs off of Josephine and that's sick. My favorites had to have been Elijah his part will probably be overlooked but he fucking killed it. But so did everyone else, finally a full length that doesn't have a skip able part.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #590 on: May 05, 2015, 06:07:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice fits? I would kick my own ass if I went out in the stupid pants he wears. When are those fucking capri pants going to go out of style?

S.E.

« Reply #591 on: May 05, 2015, 06:09:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Nice fits? I would kick my own ass if I went out in the stupid pants he wears. When are those fucking capri pants going to go out of style?

ID KICK MY OWN ASS IF I WAS EVER EVER EVER CAUGHT IN THOSE PANTS! CAN YOU IMAGINE WEARING THOSE PANTS?? SERIOUSLY? CAN YOU SERIOUSLY IMAGINE? HE'S SO GAY AND TRENDY! HE WEARS FUCKING CAPRIS GUYS! CAPRIS! EW EW EW! I WOULD JUST KICK MY OWN ASS IF I WENT OUT IN THOSE

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #592 on: May 05, 2015, 06:46:42 PM »
You could set your watch to Chima's pants.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #593 on: May 05, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »
-What ever happened to the Boys of Summer video? Maybe Andrew Allen is holding some more footage for that, if/when it comes out.

I think this is his part in it.

McJagger

• Rep: 1
« Reply #594 on: May 05, 2015, 07:32:24 PM »
Just gonna throw this out there...before you watch Rowan's part again, watch a Kenny Reed part.

Rowan kills it way harder, but those arms...

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #595 on: May 05, 2015, 07:38:30 PM »
OK, so I just finished watching Curren Caples part and I don't understand the hate. Homeboy actually put in a lot of street skating into his part. I guess with all the hate I was expecting a non-stop skate park part. In terms of his style, it reminds me of Louie Lopez and other skaters within that generation of skaters. And the final smith grind on that CSULA handrail is crazy. That thing is huge!

I had actually bought into the hate and had vert button his part, glad I gave it a chance.

abudabi

« Reply #596 on: May 05, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »
curren does one of the nicest frontside flips i've ever seen on transition in his part, worth a watch for that alone.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #597 on: May 05, 2015, 08:07:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

ID KICK MY OWN ASS IF I WAS EVER EVER EVER CAUGHT IN THOSE PANTS! CAN YOU IMAGINE WEARING THOSE PANTS?? SERIOUSLY? CAN YOU SERIOUSLY IMAGINE? HE'S SO GAY AND TRENDY! HE WEARS FUCKING CAPRIS GUYS! CAPRIS! EW EW EW! I WOULD JUST KICK MY OWN ASS IF I WENT OUT IN THOSE
Is that supposed to be funny? Somebody said he has nice fits. I said he doesn't by pointing out a pretty big part of his "fits" that aren't good. A completely valid response. Then you respond by typing in all caps. Are you slow?
OK, so I just finished watching Curren Caples part and I don't understand the hate. Homeboy actually put in a lot of street skating into his part. I guess with all the hate I was expecting a non-stop skate park part. In terms of his style, it reminds me of Louie Lopez and other skaters within that generation of skaters. And the final smith grind on that CSULA handrail is crazy. That thing is huge!

I had actually bought into the hate and had vert button his part, glad I gave it a chance.
Literally one person said he didn't like the part. Then I pretty much spelled out what is off putting about him and said I still liked the part. I know you understood what I said too because you brought up Louie Lopez who essentially has the same problem.

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #598 on: May 05, 2015, 08:14:28 PM »
L33tg33k making a fair point about the fits comment, how will S.E respond? We wait.

abudabi

« Reply #599 on: May 05, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »
im looking forward to watching this again. video is good the whole way through, nothing bad to say at all.