Author Topic: Vans video.  (Read 150555 times)

WeirdBeach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
Re: Vans video.
« Reply #600 on: May 05, 2015, 08:34:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just finished Gilbert's part. I love the whole video so far. TNT really surprised me. Dan Lu makes me sentimental. Both of Gilbert's songs were horrible. The first one especially.
[close]

What? Those were my favorite songs in the video. Smog and Magnolia Electric Co are sick.

Ave and Gilbert's parts were definitely my favs. Andrew Allen had some nice fits as well.
[close]
Nice fits? I would kick my own ass if I went out in the stupid pants he wears. When are those fucking capri pants going to go out of style?
obligatory POST A FIT FUCCBOI

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #601 on: May 05, 2015, 09:17:45 PM »
Andrew Allen is exactly what Anti-Hero is in dire need of right now to prevent it from becoming an obnoxious, embarrassing parody of itself. 1-8!!! LAY SOME CRETE!!!

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #602 on: May 05, 2015, 09:20:57 PM »
Pfanner as well, who also killed it.

The whole videos is really good.

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #603 on: May 05, 2015, 10:04:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just finished Gilbert's part. I love the whole video so far. TNT really surprised me. Dan Lu makes me sentimental. Both of Gilbert's songs were horrible. The first one especially.
[close]

What? Those were my favorite songs in the video. Smog and Magnolia Electric Co are sick.

Ave and Gilbert's parts were definitely my favs. Andrew Allen had some nice fits as well.
[close]
Nice fits? I would kick my own ass if I went out in the stupid pants he wears. When are those fucking capri pants going to go out of style?
[close]

ID KICK MY OWN ASS IF I WAS EVER EVER EVER CAUGHT IN THOSE PANTS! CAN YOU IMAGINE WEARING THOSE PANTS?? SERIOUSLY? CAN YOU SERIOUSLY IMAGINE? HE'S SO GAY AND TRENDY! HE WEARS FUCKING CAPRIS GUYS! CAPRIS! EW EW EW! I WOULD JUST KICK MY OWN ASS IF I WENT OUT IN THOSE
[close]
Is that supposed to be funny? Somebody said he has nice fits. I said he doesn't by pointing out a pretty big part of his "fits" that aren't good. A completely valid response. Then you respond by typing in all caps. Are you slow?
Expand Quote
OK, so I just finished watching Curren Caples part and I don't understand the hate. Homeboy actually put in a lot of street skating into his part. I guess with all the hate I was expecting a non-stop skate park part. In terms of his style, it reminds me of Louie Lopez and other skaters within that generation of skaters. And the final smith grind on that CSULA handrail is crazy. That thing is huge!

I had actually bought into the hate and had vert button his part, glad I gave it a chance.
[close]
Literally one person said he didn't like the part. Then I pretty much spelled out what is off putting about him and said I still liked the part. I know you understood what I said too because you brought up Louie Lopez who essentially has the same problem.

Don't know how I see your point because I actually went off the last few comments I saw without getting too into who said what. Therefore, if it makes you feel validated that someone else could see similar paterns in how people skate, then Kool. Didn't mean to make you feel like I disagree with you. I also didn't know that in this 20-something page post there was only 1 person who did not like Curren. I wonder what the stats for people liking AVE or Crockett or even Crockett's songs? I personally thought the video's soundtrack was solid.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #604 on: May 05, 2015, 10:08:02 PM »
Pfanner as well, who also killed it.

The whole videos is really good.

I paused that kickflip he does down the seven flat eight set last night and just looked at it for a while.

He pops it out so far. Really fucked.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #605 on: May 05, 2015, 10:10:24 PM »
great video. everyone came through.

legends were amazing. barbee killed it. no comply bs 3 was absolute beauty. cardiel!

chima opened that video like it was the door to the playboy mansion. lofty varied heel, switch inward heel looked so good, sw gap to back lip! iggy and ziggy were a nice touch.

rowan was one of my favorites. great/unique style and tricks. first barley grind on that crazy bowl corner was insane, sw flip noseslide, switch board slide drop boardslide, HUGE low to high fs ollie to lipslide, nollie flip! the whole part is so refreshing.

tnt just rips. what can i say? another favorite. fast, slayer, hewitt sighting, the part we all wanted to see. the bluntslide down the edge is fucked, it's not his last trick though like someone else said. his last trick is a gnarly fs roll in that you will freak out when you see. not the one for his vans ad though and that clip wasn't in the video, pretty bummed on that.

elijah berle had a good part. pretty much what you would imagine it to look like. fs carve on bank to wall was awesome, and 180 sw 5050 guy mariano bank to yellow rail. his last trick was abd by grant in mind field though.... pretty lame. surprised no one noticed.

pfanner is a power house. huge rails. one of the biggest kickflips ever. HUGE ollie over mailbox cur cut to curbcut. good part.

curren caples.

dan lu rips. big rails. 360 flip roll away to bs smith was the best clip.

crockett had a good part. his songs weren't the best as mentioned. the fs flip over the bench into the bank was my favorite thing in his part. lonnnnng bs five. kickflip bs 5050 big bank at la high from flat!!!!!

andrew allen wore clothes. sw fs nose pop over and sw big flip were the bees knees. dollin killed it. noseslide the longest rail ever. he didn't chill on that 180 nose grind one bit. everybody shouted, someone said 'fuck koston!'

i love rowleys part. not his craziest one or his best but it was better than i expected after the reviews. the best dark slide ever. he did a fakie fs 270 to blunt and 360 flip to blunt both on that downhill bank he skates a lot, made them look awesome. great part.

barros flys.

kyle walker should have turned pro at the premiere. he killed it way harder than i expected. the biggest rails and biggest gaps. no filler.

ave was the perfect ending. favorite part. dill's clips were sick, no clip of the infamous bs 360 photo though. ave skated switch better than anyone as usual. sw bs nose blunt the top of a schoolyard table in a line, sw bs 180 five 0 the bank to fence rail. makes you want to jump on your board.

best video in a long time. some missing tricks as always but all together a great video. classic.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:14:05 PM by shouldn't »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

norrin radd

• Rep: -1
« Reply #606 on: May 05, 2015, 10:22:24 PM »
i enjoyed the video but was somewhat surprised about how standard the structure was. intro - then part, part, part. i guess with as many dudes on the team that they have they wanted all killer and no filler

tnt, berle, barros, ave, walker, chima, rowley were my faves.

never really seen a part from barros but his runs at the snake run and at the park with the spine/mini at top with the bowl of the the left were incredible

tnt is what skating is all about

berle has that flavor

who is kyle walker? wow

rowley shows why he's a legend. the spot where he barges down the hill through the entryway after making a trick is insane

bought the video just because of AVE (and rowley). worth the price of admission

crockett, dan lu (first part i've seen of him) were sick

rowan didn't do much for me but he has sick tricks

give the video an 8/10
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:26:18 PM by norrin radd »

McJagger

• Rep: 1
« Reply #607 on: May 05, 2015, 10:37:26 PM »
It seems like Kyle Walker skates reeeeaaaally long boards.  Am I the only one that thinks that?

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #608 on: May 05, 2015, 11:02:31 PM »
Dan Lu with the feel good part of the year

felt like last part and it was in the middle of the vid! same with gilberts!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #609 on: May 05, 2015, 11:20:14 PM »
OK, so I just finished watching Curren Caples part and I don't understand the hate. Homeboy actually put in a lot of street skating into his part. I guess with all the hate I was expecting a non-stop skate park part. In terms of his style, it reminds me of Louie Lopez and other skaters within that generation of skaters. And the final smith grind on that CSULA handrail is crazy. That thing is huge!

I had actually bought into the hate and had vert button his part, glad I gave it a chance.
I think part of the hate is because it falls between two parts people seem to really like (and two of my favorites along with Chima's) between Pfanner and Lutheran which makes it a bit forgettable. Hope we still some how see the Layton footage somewhere, but seeing beauty switch tre's down big gaps was still in that due to Chima.

The whole video is amazing and any company trying to make a good full length should hire Greg Hunt quick, he seems really good at getting the vibe of a company or person and creating a project that really represents them (from the artiness of Alien in Mindfield, the skits in the DC Video, Dylan and now this). In my opinion the Lutheran part in this video is a master piece in editing and song choice, mad props to Dan Lu on the skating but Greg Hunt helped put this footage out in the best possible way.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:58:09 PM by DannyDee »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #610 on: May 05, 2015, 11:24:30 PM »
Just gonna throw this out there...before you watch Rowan's part again, watch a Kenny Reed part.

Rowan kills it way harder, but those arms...

It's almost like his arms are dainty. Like he has an odd affect with his arms.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #611 on: May 05, 2015, 11:29:50 PM »
ummm louie lopez has really good fluid style now and isnt in currens category or situation.
louie can pretty much do anything curren can at this point honestly but with grown man power and style.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #612 on: May 05, 2015, 11:39:19 PM »
The two nakel guest tricks was tight

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
« Reply #613 on: May 05, 2015, 11:47:33 PM »
Dan Lu was in the middle of the video, but he got the ender song and edit. 

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #614 on: May 05, 2015, 11:49:39 PM »
I'm sure I'm just using my imagination but I found it trippy that dan lu flips the pages in that mAg and for a sec it showed that emerica made Leo on the red rail ad then it cuts to dan lu 50-50ing the rail

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 61
« Reply #615 on: May 06, 2015, 12:26:02 AM »
stupid itunes not working for me.. any links around :-X
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:42:08 AM by matureoftheocean »
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

Harem

« Reply #616 on: May 06, 2015, 12:33:41 AM »
I think Andrew Allen had my favourite part, by far.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #617 on: May 06, 2015, 01:09:27 AM »

me and your ears could never be friends, magnolia electric co. is the trtuth

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #618 on: May 06, 2015, 02:13:43 AM »

-Chima delivered more than I'd expected (Don't ask why) His ender was so laid back! That spot (Dylan-impossible tail grab) has served some fools up, he just coasted the varial heel. He has the best song of the video, case closed.

It's a good song, but don't tell me that Greg Hunt never saw 11th Hour.

Excellent video btw.

Donkey Punch

• Rep: -3
  • Wavy Gravy
« Reply #619 on: May 06, 2015, 02:39:07 AM »
Did anyone else notice that the footage of Dan Lu's cover is in Crocketts part?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #620 on: May 06, 2015, 02:57:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Just gonna throw this out there...before you watch Rowan's part again, watch a Kenny Reed part.

Rowan kills it way harder, but those arms...
[close]

It's almost like his arms are dainty. Like he has an odd affect with his arms.

I see what you guys are saying, to me it's all part of his appeal. Solid tricks with original style.

Bill

• Rep: -32
« Reply #621 on: May 06, 2015, 03:12:19 AM »
Rowleys part was good...It seemed like he was on a ditch kick.....- high % of his part was ditch to steep ass banks

Dan Lu's part had nice tricks but the song and editing was to sentimental...I have a feeling he wanted it to be about family...That's all good but his brothers eye brows and eye lashes bug me.

This is why I hate the Internet ..LoL..We find ourselves picking everything apart. I guess we've always done this,  The only diffenrence is that we post it on the InterWebz instead of just talking trash and debating with friends

But seriously thou...D-Lu's brother has a punchable face
Rule #1

Fashion Never Function

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #622 on: May 06, 2015, 03:16:32 AM »
Is Dollin's wallride to fakie down that stairset photo in there?

edit:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:18:40 AM by darkslideoftheforce »

plod

« Reply #623 on: May 06, 2015, 03:55:17 AM »
Andrew Allen is exactly what Anti-Hero is in dire need of right now to prevent it from becoming an obnoxious, embarrassing parody of itself. 1-8!!! LAY SOME CRETE!!!

Its been that way for years

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #625 on: May 06, 2015, 04:33:33 AM »
My six year old son liked Dan Lu and my ten year old daughter liked Pfanner.  My fave was TNT and Ro Zo.

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 61
« Reply #626 on: May 06, 2015, 04:37:23 AM »
Expand Quote
stupid itunes not working for me.. any links around :-X
[close]

Yeah, you're in luck:

http://www.amazon.com/Propeller-Vans-Skateboarding-Video-HD/dp/B00X5FZ0I4

https://play.google.com/store/movies/details/Propeller_A_Vans_Skateboarding_Video?id=Htr2-zmCX00

can't buy it from google play it's not available in finland. amazon seems to work though, thanks!
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

enter the dankness

• Rep: 10
« Reply #627 on: May 06, 2015, 06:53:54 AM »
Says I can't download in HD from Amazon. Anyone else get this?

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #628 on: May 06, 2015, 07:18:13 AM »
Watched this 3 times in the last 24 hours.
The video was reallllly heavy, i didn't know Kyle Walker was THAT good, holy shit. Pedro Barros too, damn!
Favorite parts were AA, TNT, AVE, Gilbert, and I really liked Elijah Berle, his last couple tricks were insane to say the least.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #629 on: May 06, 2015, 07:36:44 AM »
Says I can't download in HD from Amazon. Anyone else get this?

Yeah I got that also. And Google play isn't available in my country. Guess I have to deal with that beyond shitty itunes player.