Author Topic: Vans video.  (Read 150724 times)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Vans video.
« Reply #630 on: May 06, 2015, 07:42:56 AM »
Pfanner!  what an awesome part.  Crockett so good.  AVE loved it.  Rowley has some gnarly stuff.  definitely the darkhorse turned golden boy is the kyle walker part.

...but REAL...DONT FOGET ABOUT MASSIMO!!!!!
hardly art, hardly starving

Turtle Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #631 on: May 06, 2015, 07:54:57 AM »
I've got a mancrush on AA.
Big rewatchable factor on his shared part with Dollin
Also if any of you missed that:

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #632 on: May 06, 2015, 07:55:37 AM »
finally watched it last night, amazing. i'll spare regurgitating what's been said in the previous pages

TNTs 540 boneless ruled

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #633 on: May 06, 2015, 08:02:28 AM »
I think curren deserves way more credit for his part. super smooth and, shucks, even graceful. nothing remotely sketchy.
I mean, sure, it has the same flavour as a glass of brita water, but can you imagine what he'll grow up to be?!
The smog song is great, but overall, Gil's part needed something more lively.
Fav parts: AVE, TNT, Berle

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #634 on: May 06, 2015, 08:05:08 AM »
Pfanner!  what an awesome part.  Crockett so good.  AVE loved it.  Rowley has some gnarly stuff.  definitely the darkhorse turned golden boy is the kyle walker part.

...but REAL...DONT FOGET ABOUT MASSIMO!!!!!

REALLY wish Massimo was still on vans, really would of loved to see a Greg Hunt edited part from him.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #635 on: May 06, 2015, 08:06:14 AM »
daniel lutherans part had the magic

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #636 on: May 06, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »
some surprise favorites in there. daniel lutheran, rowan zorilla, gilbert and curren really stood out for me.

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
« Reply #637 on: May 06, 2015, 08:18:38 AM »
Curren is really good but I think he's destined to be the fast-forward part of every video he's in.  He has good tricks but someone more interesting will always be out there doing the same or better tricks.  The song didn't help him stand out either.  My buddy said his part felt like an intermission, I agree.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #638 on: May 06, 2015, 08:50:28 AM »
currens part was good, but i agree that it felt a little off. it was almost like watching a commercial i thought.

i watched it in parts throughout the day yesterday at work and i have to admit that there really wasnt a single skippable part. everyone ripped. it wasnt the most mind blowing video ever, but it was definitely one of the most solid overall videos i can remember recently. im excited to sit down and watch it all the way through.

still cant figure out why they put dan lus 5050 that was the thrasher cover in the middle of gilberts part.

the only thing i could complain about is that there were a few tricks that ive seen photos of and the photo angle looked a million time better than the angle they filmed it at. the 5050 to gap over the stairs at the beginning of dan lus part was especially underwhelming compaired to the photo. (cant find it, but it was in the first few pages of thrasher a few months ago).

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #639 on: May 06, 2015, 08:50:36 AM »
Is Dollin's wallride to fakie down that stairset photo in there?

edit:

No not in there.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #640 on: May 06, 2015, 08:54:15 AM »
But the tricks Dollin DOES have are awesome. He noseslides this rail and is so on top of it it looks like a nose blunt.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #641 on: May 06, 2015, 08:59:11 AM »
Curren does rip when he's sharing a video with Louie Lopez and that other dude.....with Pedro and TNT in the video he has no chance....might as well just put in Leticia.....

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #642 on: May 06, 2015, 09:51:12 AM »
Chima's part really stands out.. Dude went ham for this part. Some of the most gnarly stuff in the video and that i have seen him put down.

Elijah was sick as fuck.. i get this weird vibe from him though, like he is trying to replicate other people's styles. At times i got a GT vibe, Chris Senn Vibe, John Fitzgerald Vibe, even a Dill vibe on one trick and a Rowley vibe on another..  haha i dunno maybe im crazy. great part though

Zorilla was really unique.. never seen much from him and that was a fun part. dude rips.

AVE is AVE.. good stuff as expected..

ok not gonna go through everyone here..  the rest was great.. Dan Lu has some crazy kit going on and really owned it with that song choice. made the part. Probbaly the most enjoyable Crocket part ive seen..  

abudabi

« Reply #643 on: May 06, 2015, 09:54:05 AM »
still cant figure out why they put dan lus 5050 that was the thrasher cover in the middle of gilberts part.
probably couldnt fit it into dan's edit, and the shot right after makes me think theyre homies, so it's kinda like a standard guest trick

i didnt like rowan's song at first but it's really growing on me. the weird break in the music with the coonskin cap line is fucking rad.

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
  • JACKASS
« Reply #644 on: May 06, 2015, 10:11:38 AM »
chimas v heel
pfanners halfcab late shuv
dollin noseslideblunting?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 885
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #645 on: May 06, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »
the only thing i could complain about is that there were a few tricks that ive seen photos of and the photo angle looked a million time better than the angle they filmed it at. the 5050 to gap over the stairs at the beginning of dan lus part was especially underwhelming compaired to the photo. (cant find it, but it was in the first few pages of thrasher a few months ago).

Ya that angle didn't really show how fucked it was, the nuge tried it and got wrecked.

https://youtu.be/VlYUy8i-XtQ?t=5m13s

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #646 on: May 06, 2015, 10:54:33 AM »
All this Curren hate without anyone mentioning it's because he looks like a Hollister model.

I went to the bathroom and got a beer during his part, can't say if its good or bad.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #647 on: May 06, 2015, 11:34:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Is Dollin's wallride to fakie down that stairset photo in there?

edit:

[close]

No not in there.

holy shit!!

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #648 on: May 06, 2015, 11:43:36 AM »
don't worry loyal pawns, Johnny was in there after all during Rowley's part.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #649 on: May 06, 2015, 11:50:28 AM »
ALSO:

i've soaked this video in.  i think it's truly incredible from every single angle.  Greg Hunt will make you a star.

but how the fuck were these some of the first few tricks in Gilbert's part?

any of these could have been his ender.

both of these tricks are insane! i've never seen anyone do a 50-50 transfer like that ON TOP OF A FUCKING ROOF before.  these are far beyond the somewhat disapointing Burnout-spoiled ender... then throw the Daniel Lutheran random buddy buddy trick in there for extra confusion
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:58:04 AM by iwshilvdnfinland »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #650 on: May 06, 2015, 11:54:11 AM »
That ledge was like, waist high.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #651 on: May 06, 2015, 11:57:24 AM »
ONE LAST THING

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU SPOIL THE LAST TRICK
AS A THRASHER COVER 3 MONTHS BEFORE THE RELEASE

SERIOUSLY?!

WHY?!

WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN IT?

WOULDN'T IT MAKE MORE SENSE TO MAKE IT THE JUNE COVER??!

the only fleeting sense of disapointment i felt was when i knew i'd seen the final trick in the entire fucking video before.

i was hoping to see him come charging back at it for an over the back sw bs nosegrind as perfect Mind Field poetry.  a boy can dream right?

Greg you crushed it otherwise man, i mean goddamn

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #652 on: May 06, 2015, 12:03:53 PM »
there were like three lines in this video  :(

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #653 on: May 06, 2015, 12:05:01 PM »
After a few more views it definitely is a video that you can watch from beginning to end without skipping. Even though i initially skipped a few parts to get to the people i wanted to see at first, once i sat down and watch it all everyone really did deliver and made this an overall great video. It definitely did its job and makes me want to get some vans for sure!!

Also cant believe nobody has talked about how perfect AVEs switch bs noseblunt was!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:31:11 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #654 on: May 06, 2015, 12:12:53 PM »
I would be happy if all future skate videos were filmed by Greg Hunt

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #655 on: May 06, 2015, 12:38:35 PM »

Currently downloading. Excited to watch

abudabi

« Reply #656 on: May 06, 2015, 12:42:38 PM »
haha, i swear to god there are like 10 posts in here complaining about things not being mentioned. mention em yourself ya bastards!
edit: complaining might be the wrong word but you know what i mean
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:17:30 PM by abudabi »

artsy

• Rep: 14
« Reply #657 on: May 06, 2015, 12:52:40 PM »
Chris Pfanners part has made my main focus in life to learn how to skate handrails.

I still cannot get over that gap to back lip. He is going so fucking fast I can hardly comprehend it.

Great video overall. Can easily watch the whole thing through. Even though I already own a digital copy I'm gonna buy the physical version with all the extras.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #658 on: May 06, 2015, 01:03:11 PM »
Chris Pfanners part has made my main focus in life to learn how to skate handrails.

I still cannot get over that gap to back lip. He is going so fucking fast I can hardly comprehend it.

Agreed. The gap to back lip I had to rewatch about a dozen times. He is such an underrated ripper. What sticks out to me most about Pfanner's part is that he skates spots that are super high on the hurt factor if he misses. Throwing himself into banks and steep ditches. And that half cab late shove is a thing of beauty.

Michelle Obama

• Rep: 3
« Reply #659 on: May 06, 2015, 01:20:40 PM »
watched it last night, during Kyle Walkers part my wife said "wow! that guys good at poles"