Author Topic: Vans video.  (Read 150626 times)

velocirapedher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
  • Get fingered!
Re: Vans video.
« Reply #750 on: May 07, 2015, 03:56:13 PM »
i definitely vert button currens part tho its not as if its bad. having said that it is ridiculous that eli and pedro are only a year older.

Turbo Taylor

• Rep: -4
« Reply #751 on: May 07, 2015, 04:12:58 PM »
Finally saw the vid and was SO stoked on it!

Seriously, Rowley's part made me want to skate in such a way that I haven't felt since watching Sorry and hitting the driveway for a solo sesh when I was like 13.

Yes, Dan Lu came through hard and the song made that shit beautiful.

Most ripping parts for me were Gilbert's and AVE's. Godfuckingdamnit at the riptitude overall, though. Just thinking about it still makes me wanna go skate.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #752 on: May 07, 2015, 05:05:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Pretty sure Gary Scott Davis intended the boneless to be one fluid motion, Chima paused that one into the bank for about 3/4 of his part. I swear I went and got a drink and came back and he was still waiting to jump. Even Ave knows what's up after he rolls away.

Also, Chima ollies the same bump to bar Alex kickflipped as he first Girl ad???
[close]

Maybe he fucked your mum or something Toady, but you're going to have to do way more than that to convince me his part wasn't great.

I think the part was great too! Just confused as to why they put both those things in. Someone said China ollies to the road - no he doesn't - go watch again. And the boneless was gnarly, but he should've done it again without the pause.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

shit_for_brains

« Reply #753 on: May 07, 2015, 05:32:19 PM »
He didn't ollie to the road. He ollied into the driveway/incline/whatever next to the sidewalk. It was really gnarly and far, but it wasn't to the road.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #754 on: May 07, 2015, 05:46:41 PM »
For some reason it's not loading for me, but if I remember right, olson did a pretty similar ollie at that spot for this interview:
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/features/alex-olson-interview/

It stuck out to me in the vans video too, cause chima's Ollie came right after he does a switch gap out to back lip, at the same spot that olson back lips in fully flared

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #755 on: May 07, 2015, 06:02:56 PM »
Damn I was not feeling this. Skating was top notch but that soundtrack  ???
Nothing really carried any energy to the parts. Killed it for me.

kingoflights

« Reply #756 on: May 07, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »
The only part with good editing and music was lutherans part that was amazing, anyone whos watched alot of videos knows that the song and editing are half the part.

Harem

« Reply #757 on: May 07, 2015, 06:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I guess I'm the only one that wants to watch Rowley's part over and over again.  That trey flip bluntslide he did on that ditch was too good.  He makes every trick look better.
[close]

Rowley's ditch darkslide was better looking than all of Greco's Deathwish video darkslides combined. And it was at an actual spot.
[close]

Yes!  ;D

Also, AVE with the Gino tribute trick (switch pop shove-it manual)
[close]

AVE also with the falling over after a trick at the same spot Gino tribute 

Everyone falls over at that spot though.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #758 on: May 07, 2015, 06:54:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty sure Gary Scott Davis intended the boneless to be one fluid motion, Chima paused that one into the bank for about 3/4 of his part. I swear I went and got a drink and came back and he was still waiting to jump. Even Ave knows what's up after he rolls away.

Also, Chima ollies the same bump to bar Alex kickflipped as he first Girl ad???
[close]

Maybe he fucked your mum or something Toady, but you're going to have to do way more than that to convince me his part wasn't great.
[close]

I think the part was great too! Just confused as to why they put both those things in. Someone said China ollies to the road - no he doesn't - go watch again. And the boneless was gnarly, but he should've done it again without the pause.

You do realize that the boneless clip was slow-mo, right?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #759 on: May 07, 2015, 07:08:44 PM »
Someone put this online already, please

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #760 on: May 07, 2015, 07:45:16 PM »
The official nickyd "thoughts while watching the Vans video" post:

-Chima-Killed it harder than I expected.
-Rowan-I like this guy because you never know what trick is coming next. The perfect switch flip noseslide(not back to regs), stood out.
-TNT's ender was a literally kickturn on a bank. LoL.
-Elijah-I feel like this dude is underated somehow, very gnarly part. That ollie over the chains into the bank stood out.
Pfanner-Killed it of course, skates with so much pop and power.
-Daniel Luthern randomly, but clearly had the best part(skating, editing, and song all worked together the best), and I would have never expected that. The song almost brought me to tears. Really great part.
-Pedro Barros-Obviously insane, but I have to admit I was drinking wine while watching his part and when the song starts it says something about "I don't belong", and I lost it.
-Curren-I actually like Curren a lot, however this part kinda started slow and felt like a bland surf part. But def some good looking shit there doe.
-Gilbert-the best. You know dis.
AA\Dollin-both killed it, obvs wish we had a full part from both. I thought Andrew's fakie 5-0 on that steep bank looked so sick.
-Not sure why everyone described Geoff's part as so short, seemed like a full part to me, with plenty of sick shit in there. Who cares if it was mostly banks? Every trick he did into a bank looked sick.
Kyle Walker-This dude is fucking sick. Not my cup of tea, but undenable destruction.
-AVE-killed it of course. I hate Ozzy, but nothing could ruin the part, you can tell he tried really hard with this.

Conclusion:

-8.8/10, would watch again.
-Bring back VX1k. Whatever camera setup most teams are using now doesn't capture the speed or gnarliness of most of the tricks properly.
-No more China footage please. It looks as boring as a skatepark and the same spots get in every video now.
-Bonus footy? J-Lay?
-Would LOVE a Ray Barbee full part. Dude obviously still kills it.

I'll take my answers off air.

Fairly certain he was also wearing a chain wallet in this video. Yes, this is as important to me as the tricks being done.

Was TNT's ender a spot off the 5 freeway near Six Flags a little north of LA? If so, I remember seeing that a few years ago and thinking how gnarly it would be for someone to skate it.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #761 on: May 07, 2015, 07:46:47 PM »
Most memorable parts of the video: gilbert crokett entire part, rowleys son doing the mj, andrew allen won't stay on the ground, van dorens thumbs up to hosoi
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #762 on: May 07, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »
Daniel Lutherans part really surprised me - such a cool style and dope tricks.
other than that each part was good- some i didnt care for - pedro barros, curren caples- but other than that it was a sick video
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Gabriel

• Rep: 12
    • website avatar image
« Reply #763 on: May 07, 2015, 08:07:30 PM »
cool thing about Rowan is that he makes the hardest tricks look easy, but then somehow makes the easiest tricks look hard (like that nollie flip on a line)

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #764 on: May 07, 2015, 09:02:02 PM »
Just watched it tonight and all i have to say is, only 12 dollars? I would have paid easily doubled that amount it was fucking insane. Nobody had a bad part i was stoked on everyone's skating and im glad this is the first video i bought in years

N.L.

« Reply #765 on: May 07, 2015, 09:05:57 PM »
Its probably an over used term but in this video TNT, AVE and EB all look like they 'were born to ride a skateboard.' Circle Jerks 'Under the gun' was perfect. Andrew Allen is my new fashion inspiration.

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #766 on: May 07, 2015, 11:10:28 PM »
"mother came rushing in" crockett rules. chima easily had my favorite part though. outstanding video

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #767 on: May 08, 2015, 12:57:36 AM »
"mother came rushing in" crockett rules. chima easily had my favorite part though. outstanding video
i have so many memories attached to that song. It's gonna be interesting to hear it in this context.

velocirapedher

• Rep: -13
  • Get fingered!
« Reply #768 on: May 08, 2015, 01:34:14 AM »
after 10 plus veiwing and being drunk on Chicago's finest rye...

dan lu
tnt
pedro
gil
ave
(honorable to: kyle)

best since stay gold for me.   

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #769 on: May 08, 2015, 04:57:55 AM »
Finally watched it! Fucking heavy video.

Chima was insane. His switch game is ridiculous. One of my fav. for sure. 
Rowan was a big surprise, loved is funky style on gnarly stuff!
TNT along with Slayer playing was beautiful, I'm not a tranny guy but his part got me hyped!
I dont really care for Berle. He had a good part but it's not my thing.
Pfanner just skates big. Big spots and big pop. Killer.
Curren, meh. He is good but doesnt catch my attention and that song didnt help either.
Dan Lu, damn. Such a nice guy and a ripper... That sketchy tre flip and the boardslide with the leaves falling had me all shaky.
Crockett, i love you. One of my favorites since the fallen days. He's just too good.
Allen/Dollin was great. Allen with dem fits, ahah, crazy switch too. Dollin was gnarlier than i thought.
I knew Rowley was going to skate to Motörhead. He still has it but was a little tired of the bank stuff to be honest.
Barros is one of the few vert guys i enjoy. He just flys, damn.
Walker was other surprise. I knew he was good, but he really went big for this! Rail stuff was insane.
Just give the SOTY award to AVE already. Fuck, who skates with that power, style and attitude these days?!

The editing and image quality was top notch. Soundtrack was good the most part too. Will be on loop for a long time!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #770 on: May 08, 2015, 07:22:13 AM »
just finished it, great video all around. everyone killed it for the most part

Best parts:
Gilbert
Kyle Walker
Elijah

Honestly though AVE's part was a little underwhelming to be the closer, would have preferred Geoff's part.

Jason Dill still looks like he hangs out in college bars trying to bribe girls with cocaine to sleep with him.

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #771 on: May 08, 2015, 08:11:43 AM »

i dont give a shit!

WHAT A FUCKING REBEL. POSTING A TORRENT LINK LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

::)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:39:11 PM by Randozzi »

julientailbash

« Reply #772 on: May 08, 2015, 09:01:51 AM »
gilbert, andrew allen, & ave have the most rewatch value. the video is super gnarly, but ill probably never watch the whole thing again

jomeara1

« Reply #773 on: May 08, 2015, 09:28:04 AM »
Expand Quote
I guess I'm the only one that wants to watch Rowley's part over and over again.  That trey flip bluntslide he did on that ditch was too good.  He makes every trick look better.
[close]

Rowley's ditch darkslide was better looking than all of Greco's Deathwish video darkslides combined. And it was at an actual spot.

Yeah that darkslide was beautiful and it's funny because it wasn't even his own signature darkslide lol.  Just proves that he can do any trick so easily.  There is something about Geoff's style that makes his tricks looks so awesome no matter what trick it is.  I can't think of any other skater that has better style than him really in my opinion. Greco's darkslides are pretty fucking rad too, especially that one he did at the end of his part on that rail.  His darkslides came out of nowhere too, I can't remember seeing him do those in any of his parts before that one.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 554
« Reply #774 on: May 08, 2015, 10:02:57 AM »
I really liked the video, but I think only a couple of the parts will get a rewatch, Pfanner, Gil maybe. Gotta say, I think True Blue had a few parts better than anything in Propeller. I might be biased though because I've watched that Timtim part a lot.

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #775 on: May 08, 2015, 10:09:45 AM »
Has anyone bought on Amazon and streamed to their TV?

I don't have Apple TV, but I do stream Amazon Prime to my Blu Ray Player. I'm going to buy this, but would much prefer to watch on the big screen if possible.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #776 on: May 08, 2015, 10:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote

i dont give a shit!

[close]

WHAT A FUCKING REBEL. POSTING A TORRENT LINK LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

::)
[

hahahah fuck it some lazy pals are gonna be happy i guess  ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:39:32 PM by Randozzi »

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #777 on: May 08, 2015, 11:17:13 AM »
Best $12 I've spent in a minute.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #778 on: May 08, 2015, 12:23:27 PM »
i've watched AVE's part so much that i had a dream that me and him went out and he had a fight and all he did was grab guys by the leg and lift them up till the fell over and then he told me that Jose Mouriniho tried to sign him for Chelsea but he said no..

I'd give the dream 8/10 would dream again but with better soundtrack

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #779 on: May 08, 2015, 01:55:17 PM »
i've watched AVE's part so much that i had a dream that me and him went out and he had a fight and all he did was grab guys by the leg and lift them up till the fell over and then he told me that Jose Mouriniho tried to sign him for Chelsea but he said no..

I'd give the dream 8/10 would dream again but with better soundtrack

8/10 would read comment again.

+1