Author Topic: Vans video.  (Read 150662 times)

yatallfreak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: Vans video.
« Reply #840 on: May 10, 2015, 08:21:55 PM »
this thread is like 50 pages deep and i still have no idea why this video is called Propeller.

has this question even been asked? does anyone have any clue why this video has such a lame title?
They asked AVE in an interview and even he didn't know haha

"What does the name Propeller mean to you?"
'"Fuck I don’t know. I suppose it has something to do with the skateboarding in the film. Some sort of forward movement. I guess that’s how I thought of it."

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #841 on: May 10, 2015, 09:32:38 PM »
I Fucking loved the video. Rowan, Gilbert and ave are my favorite part. But I do regret purchasing it on the Google play store because I can't download it onto my laptop. Anyone know how to do that.

m477

• Rep: 7
« Reply #842 on: May 10, 2015, 10:51:09 PM »
Excellent vid, everyone had impressive parts but I pretty much only watch Pedro and AVE on repeat, those parts get me dying to go skate! The lines Pedro puts together are unreal. Smooth, aggressive, creative, insane air and the song is perfect. AVE is AVE, nuff said, loved the ozzy too. Hats off to Hunt, hope he makes more films. I dl from iTunes on an Apple TV, HD looks amazing on the big screen, no laptop or phone will do it justice.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #843 on: May 10, 2015, 11:07:17 PM »
this thread is like 50 pages deep and i still have no idea why this video is called Propeller.

has this question even been asked? does anyone have any clue why this video has such a lame title?
no one tell him

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #844 on: May 11, 2015, 06:31:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
On the real though, why was Dan Lu's Thrasher cover (gap to stallone big ass rail) in Gilby's part? Is the iTunes version different than the premiere?
[close]
yeah i was also wondering why? anyone knows why?
[close]

Daniel said he and Gilbert had asked Greg Hunt to do something with each others parts or something thats the trick Greg picked
p-shuvs and v-flips

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #845 on: May 11, 2015, 06:42:41 AM »
Tony and Rowan had best parts hands down. I did love when Dan Lu did that tre flip and slashed the edge of the sidewalk upon landing, so much style.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #846 on: May 11, 2015, 06:54:07 AM »
Goddamn Pedro Barros is good as fuck. Im still expecting a similar part from Raven, because I know he can wreck shit like that.

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #847 on: May 11, 2015, 11:51:36 AM »
Rowley talking about the injury he had during filming...

Best part is what he did for his first trick when he was allowed to skate again.. "No barriers...everything's fine lets do this"

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #848 on: May 11, 2015, 12:06:42 PM »
Rowan's 5-0 on the the ATM machine was sick

Curren Caples part felt like a Pac Sun commercial

Ray Barbee's tricks were sick. ooozing style

Andrew Allen / Dustin Dollin is probably my favorite part

I felt like the video was 30 minutes of awesome footage and 30 minutes of meh

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #849 on: May 11, 2015, 12:11:54 PM »
Andrew Allen won Soty
So bs nose blunt on the table was historical

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #850 on: May 11, 2015, 01:54:05 PM »
Propeller means menikmati

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #851 on: May 11, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »

Andrew Allen for Fit of The Year.
Long sleeve polo and dad jeans \m/

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1293
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #852 on: May 11, 2015, 03:40:30 PM »
I watched it.

It was good.

The music was old guy music. Accessible, mildly edgy in an old person kind of way, and 100% alternative mainstream, which is what skateboarding is nowadays.

The backlash is coming, and fuck me, it's gonna be beautiful. I for one can't wait for a mad rush of up and comers who rip the industry a fresh vagina, once they get fed up with the +40 set... time to sit down dudes... you don't want to be MJ of the washington wizards.

Shit's getting to Powell-Peralta era levels of scripted corn ball bullshit.

You sound like a lot of fun to hang out with.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #853 on: May 11, 2015, 03:58:59 PM »
Andrew Allen's part offers a lot

Have to watch it a few times to soak it up

BMCsteve

« Reply #854 on: May 11, 2015, 05:07:55 PM »
Has anyone else had a resurgence in their love for the stripe since this video came out?  I skated Vans exclusively until eS came around in the 90s and since I've been skating mostly Lakai, eS and Emerica but this has made me nostalgic for a pair of Vans.

I think I'll pick up some Crockett Pro Mids this weekend. 

All other companies take note - putting out a full length as a marketing tool can actually result in sales so everyone, do it more often

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #855 on: May 11, 2015, 06:18:58 PM »
Has anyone else had a resurgence in their love for the stripe since this video came out?  I skated Vans exclusively until eS came around in the 90s and since I've been skating mostly Lakai, eS and Emerica but this has made me nostalgic for a pair of Vans.

I think I'll pick up some Crockett Pro Mids this weekend. 

All other companies take note - putting out a full length as a marketing tool can actually result in sales so everyone, do it more often

Andrew Allen def makes me want to get some slip on pros also Crockett makes his shoe look really good as well. Been wanting to to try the TNTSG next so ill probably pick up either of those to get the dvd.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #856 on: May 11, 2015, 09:22:55 PM »
glibert's part, and dan lu's part are fire' a.v.e. too.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

stupidiot

• Rep: -55
  • this is my facebook
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #857 on: May 11, 2015, 09:56:25 PM »
Any news when the new heelys video is dropping??
Skateboarding Life Art Potatos

TheFreshSC

« Reply #858 on: May 11, 2015, 10:10:42 PM »

my theory is they really liked this clip and decided to name the trick and the video in one go

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #859 on: May 12, 2015, 05:24:33 AM »
Andrew Allen/Dustin Dollin is the only part I still rewatch. Video is heavy, but kinda bland overall. Emerica Made (which is a fear comparision) almost made me cry, while this video doesn't make me feel anything other than "that was cool.. that was gnarly.." and so on. Soundtrack is boring (with a few exceptions), but that doesn't really matter to me as long as it doesn't take the focus away from the skating. All and all, it's most def worth the 10 bucks, it is a great video even though it gets old pretty quick, which was unexpected and kinda disapointing. Greg Hunt is a genius in his own right, and it must be fucking hard to exceed expectations with this video. How do you follow up a classic like Mind Field?

I ate some serious shit trying to do the 'propeller' trick Rowan does. It was good fun though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:32:33 AM by darkslideoftheforce »

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #860 on: May 12, 2015, 05:31:32 AM »
funny how people are calling these video clean cut as if all skate videos have to show heavy weed smoking and dp scenes or whatever x-rated shit you guys are expecting.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #861 on: May 12, 2015, 07:00:11 AM »
Pedro Barros is on some next level shit. I've always avoided watching his stuff, because I lumped him in with the other latin-world Red bull contest skaters (kelvin hoeffler, all the other random brazillians who show up in the x games), but jesus christ he is absolutely insane. best tranny part I've seen in recent memory.

I liked the entire video.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #862 on: May 12, 2015, 12:06:14 PM »
Pfanner is the best. Skaters I perceive as friendly always stoke me out.

This video was fucking fantastic. Trujillo's part made me scared. Chima is unreal. So much good stuff in here. And Andrew Allen is definitely the leader of Bear Force One.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #863 on: May 12, 2015, 12:19:54 PM »
sure this has been brought up and most people know how this stuff works, but what happens to John Fitzgerald's footage?  does it disappear or does he get to use it for Nike / FA whatever?
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

shit_for_brains

« Reply #864 on: May 12, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »
sure this has been brought up and most people know how this stuff works, but what happens to John Fitzgerald's footage?  does it disappear or does he get to use it for Nike / FA whatever?

His footage in the Hockey video was probably his Vans stuff. They may have just given Dill and AVE that footage to keep them happy, or maybe they paid for it.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #865 on: May 12, 2015, 12:34:02 PM »
funny how people are calling these video clean cut as if all skate videos have to show heavy weed smoking and dp scenes or whatever x-rated shit you guys are expecting.

NBD skate vid DP?

I agree.  Don't need to hear Gilbert or Rowley yelling, "Vans, Vans, now it's (something that rhymes with with Vans) over and over. 

Harem

« Reply #866 on: May 12, 2015, 01:37:25 PM »
So many ABD's did everyone spot?

Someone already posted the TNT/Shaun Gregoire.

Jason Dill's Ollie into the bank was ABD, as was Gilbert Crockett's slappy 50-50 on that curved rail both by Sammy Winter in Bon Voyage.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #867 on: May 12, 2015, 02:14:02 PM »

Jason Dill's Ollie into the bank was ABD, as was Gilbert Crockett's slappy 50-50 on that curved rail both by Sammy Winter in Bon Voyage.

ABP
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #868 on: May 12, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »
Curren delivered are you guys blind? The f/s blunt was insane, plus he has the best kickflip on tranny. Def one of my fav parts in the vid, after AVE and Barros. Overall I was disappointed, TNT could have cut his part in half IMO and the music sucked balls.

Serious lack of Antoine Asselin, dumb how a fat Andrew Allen got a part over him

deadhead

• Rep: -2
« Reply #869 on: May 12, 2015, 06:13:28 PM »

Pretty sure dill did that around 2011 very possibly before sammy. There was a 7 day weekend dollin thing with lee Ralph where dill is trying it in the background.