Author Topic: Spencer Hamilton no-complys a picknick table.  (Read 24171 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Spencer Hamilton no-complys a picknick table.
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2015, 08:30:54 PM »
It's an ollie footplant; if you search for it on youtube you'll find dozens of examples. Sick ass trick.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2015, 09:10:20 PM »
^read the thread ur posting in before u post maybe? someone already said that and linked to ishod doing it.

is this the first time where there isn't a definitive answer to a trick ID question on slap? usually someone comes and sorts us idiots out but I think both sides make good points. I do remember a thread about a welsh trick at pier 7 that was hard to figure out what he was doing

There is a definitive answer! It's a bs 360 ollie footplant!
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2015, 09:11:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
THAT IS NOT A FUCKING NO-COMPLY! HE CLEARLY OLLIES THEN PLANTS THE FOOT WELL INTO THE TRICK. EVEN WHEN YOU DO A NO-COMPLY BS 360 AND YOUR FOOT PLANTS LATE, YOU SCOOP IT, NOT OLLIE INTO IT! LOOK AT THE GIF! HOW MUCH CLEARER CAN IT BE? IT'S MAKING ME SO MAD I HAVE TO TYPE IN CAPS LOCK!

HOWEVER IT IS A FUCKING RAD TRICK (JUST NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM A NO-COMPLY).
[close]
But he's not ollieing into it, he's planting his foot on the table.
[close]

You should be banned for being stupid. How did he get his foot high enough to plant it down onto the table? He fucking ollied there! He didn't put his foot on the ground or table first and then boost!
[close]
I love seeing you pinheads lose your shit. Fuck you, he didn't ollie it. He did a bs 360 no comply.

For reference, this is a no comply. But Ishod has his foot on the barrier... How is that possible? Mind blown.

http://m.thrashermagazine.com/articles/magazine/sneak-peek-april-2014/

He didn't ollie? Are you looking at the same clip as everyone else? Make a still of his foot on the ground or picnic table pre take-off and then maybe someone will listen.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2015, 09:20:01 PM »
Yeah, a no comply isn't "your foot must touch the ground" (although it does in a lot of cases).  It's you take your front foot off while popping so there isn't an actual ollie.  That is why Ishod's no comply wallie is a no comply wallie and Spencer Hamilton's b/s 360 footplant is a b/s 360 footplant.

Saying that because your front foot comes off of your board, it must be a no comply is like saying that because your board flipped, a heelflip and kickflip are the same thing.

era

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2015, 09:56:12 PM »
When I think of legitimate no complies I think of propulsion upwards with the front foot and leveling off with the back knee.  By my definition backside 180 no complies aren't really no complies, but Spencer's definitely was not a no comply.  I would love to see an example of a backside one done with pop on flat.  Mike Rusczyk comes to mind when thinking of really popped frontside ones. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:02:05 PM by era »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2015, 10:09:47 PM »
i don't know about bs no complies not being popped. it seems like all bs 360 no complies get pretty far into the air. i don't know, maybe you're able to scoop it enough w/o popping by doing like a 360 shuvit motion? I don't know my bs no complies to well though, mine I do off the bolts so it's more of a slide than a scoop and they don't leave the ground. i don't even know if that's considered bs 180 no comply.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2015, 10:33:27 PM »
I agree with the bs 360 footplant but it doesn't even matter, I can't believe this thread is 4 pages of stubborn people arguing about this shit. The new bankride argument  ::). If you wanna go with the no comply then it would be a 360 no comply across a picknick table. Here's a no comply over a picnic table:

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2015, 03:04:30 AM »
holy fuck, i couldn't care less about what this dumb skateboard trick is called.

i'm here to ask if nino is ever going to return to this thread and take his L for making one of the most regular posts on slap ever?

quit being a bitch d'angelo. you genuinely think vegetarians aren't supposed to harm plants, so man up and admit you're fucking stupid.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2015, 03:19:38 AM »
i am still not convinced, please guys, do go on.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2015, 04:55:08 AM »
god damn this thread is regular.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2015, 09:01:52 AM »
holy fuck, i couldn't care less about what this dumb skateboard trick is called.

i'm here to ask if nino is ever going to return to this thread and take his L for making one of the most regular posts on slap ever?

quit being a bitch d'angelo. you genuinely think vegetarians aren't supposed to harm plants, so man up and admit you're fucking stupid.

never forget
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2015, 10:01:03 AM »
somebody should contact Spencer Hamilton and ask which trick he was doing bs 360 no comply or ollie.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2015, 08:13:41 PM »

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
  • JACKASS
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2015, 08:38:52 PM »
STEP 3