Author Topic: Mexico Skateboarding Vacation Spots  (Read 3180 times)

Sold Out

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Mexico Skateboarding Vacation Spots
« on: December 16, 2014, 12:37:52 AM »
Hey so this could be a dumb question, but I figured if anyone would know it would be someone on here. I'm supposed to go to Mexico with girlfriend this winter on some kind of all inclusive resort. Just wondering if any one has been down and hit one with a skatepark / places to skate located nearby? I feel like if I'm going to fly South in the winter it'd be a bummer to leave my board at home.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
Re: Mexico Skateboarding Vacation Spots
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 12:50:05 AM »
where specifically? because mexico city is the size of nyc
it big

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:56:44 AM »
yeah all you said was mexico, not even which city haha. tis a big country.

but assuming it's Mexico City, does anyone know any skate shops there as well? I need to buy a full set up when I get there. google is literally no help, even in Spanish.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 11:01:02 AM »
i know there's that new templo mayor park built by Nike in the northeast part of the city. it's google able. there must be a nice shop around there?

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »
If you go to Guadalajara there are lil skateparks littered all throughout the city. Its mostly plastic/butter bench style but still really fun. There's a new legit skate park that was built a couple years ago that's pretty fun.  The Centro/downtown area is really fun to skate and you won't be kicked out of spots. Mexico city is a lil bit of the same. I just learned there's a new skate plaza there that I want tocheck out.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 10:45:38 PM »
Don't have any specific city. Just going to be going to Mexico, can book anywhere, but would like to head somewhere that I had a chance to sneak away and skate. Sitting on the beach gets boring pretty quick.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »
Don't have any specific city. Just going to be going to Mexico, can book anywhere, but would like to head somewhere that I had a chance to sneak away and skate. Sitting on the beach gets boring pretty quick.

So you're gonna ditch her? Thats effed up haha

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »

Two things to take into account:

1) Size of your destination: as a general rule of thumb, a city will have more to offer than a quiet beachtown. Cancun is a despicable place, but it will probably have more to skate than Todos Santos...

2) Age: Mexico has a lot of historical cities, most of which have cobblestones all over. Not so great to skate. Again, Cancun might be an example of a city with a lot of modern architecture, whereas Puerto Vallarta, while prettier, has a lot of historic buildings and streets.

police state

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 03:22:04 PM »
anything to skate in PV?  I just wanna know if I should bring my board or not.
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 07:55:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

1) Size of your destination: as a general rule of thumb, a city will have more to offer than a quiet beachtown. Cancun is a despicable place, but it will probably have more to skate than Todos Santos...

2) Age: Mexico has a lot of historical cities, most of which have cobblestones all over. Not so great to skate. Again, Cancun might be an example of a city with a lot of modern architecture, whereas Puerto Vallarta, while prettier, has a lot of historic buildings and streets.

The Cucarachas bowl is so good.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 09:20:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thanks! this is the kinda info I was looking for!