Author Topic: FUCKING AWESOME & BIANCA CHANDON HAVE NO VIDEO CONTENT  (Read 12710 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: FUCKING AWESOME & BIANCA CHANDON HAVE NO VIDEO CONTENT
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
Expand Quote
I love how you Supreme dorks are doing everything you can to pretend your shitty hipster companies are cool. "Other companies don't put out a ton of coverage!" So what? Other companies don't get talked about as much as if they are some big thing.
"At least they aren't shoving it in your face!" First, they are a skateboard company, promoting their team and brand is what they are supposed to do and why any interest in skateboard companies really exists for the most part. Second, they are shoving their whole thing down people's throats, but interestingly, they haven't been using skateboard coverage to do it. That makes them shitty.

Finally, its not a "supreme hate bandwagon" its a "supreme love bandwagon." What the fuck has Supreme ever done that is worth any sort of accolades? Produced a logo people will buy? Cherry was thrown together, poorly done, and focused too much on the mediocre kids rather than the ripping legends. I get it, Fat Bill is some creepy coke head pedophile, but that doesn't mean we have to share his interests.
[close]

tight argument: they should make more content they are a skateboarding company premoting their team and brand is what they are supposed to do >> cherry focused too much on the mediocre FA KIDS THAT R ON THE FA TEAM AND INTEGRAL TO THE FA BRAND so i dont want to see that i dont share fat bill's interest lol

Well, seeing as how cherry was a Supreme video and not a FA video, FA still does need to release more content.  And the problem with cherry being too focused on those kids was that they weren't discussed that much when hyping up the video.  All you heard about were people like Alex, Dill, dylan., and Koston working on the Supreme video and the unknown kids were definitely more of a sidenote or after thought.  So to have them come out with the most footage and be the central focus was definitely a shock.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2015, 05:47:46 PM »
Expand Quote
No gipper is right. Supreme has never done anything for the skateboarding community (at least i never read or heard they did) unlike what your local skateshops do. I consider Supreme a mall shop and im pretty sure i read on here people going in to buy shit from their store and the workers acted like they were the fucking coolest. I honestly don't get the hype with the Supreme kids except for a few, i like Sage and Nakel cause they fucking kill it, i probably like one or two more of them but i don't know their names.
[close]
Haven't done anything for the skate community? Supreme has probably been around longer then your local shop and has helped more peoples careers. I don't even wear Supreme, I just like the people that currently ride for it, but it's annoying when people look at it like it's only been around this year with this current roster of kids.

Yea that might be true about helping skate careers, but you could say the same thing for mall shops. But i was thinking how local shows help build skate parks or hold contests or skate jams. I never heard Supreme doing that and I thought that people were on well known board companies first than they would get on Supreme. At least i think that was the deal with the kids in Cherry

obZen

• Rep: 7
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2015, 06:00:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love how you Supreme dorks are doing everything you can to pretend your shitty hipster companies are cool. "Other companies don't put out a ton of coverage!" So what? Other companies don't get talked about as much as if they are some big thing.
"At least they aren't shoving it in your face!" First, they are a skateboard company, promoting their team and brand is what they are supposed to do and why any interest in skateboard companies really exists for the most part. Second, they are shoving their whole thing down people's throats, but interestingly, they haven't been using skateboard coverage to do it. That makes them shitty.

Finally, its not a "supreme hate bandwagon" its a "supreme love bandwagon." What the fuck has Supreme ever done that is worth any sort of accolades? Produced a logo people will buy? Cherry was thrown together, poorly done, and focused too much on the mediocre kids rather than the ripping legends. I get it, Fat Bill is some creepy coke head pedophile, but that doesn't mean we have to share his interests.
[close]
You sound both old and salty, neither of which are a good look. Post a fit
[close]

Wasn't the direct implication of his post that he doesn't really give a shit about some overblown fashion trend, and just wants to see skating? Asking him to post "a fit" is like the opposite of what he's going to do. c'mon.
[close]
Welcome to slap, you obviously haven't been here long. Post a fit fuckboy
lmao. Kook. Do yourself a favor and snag a longboard to go with your glorified mall chain clothing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:02:18 PM by obZen »

2thick

• Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2015, 06:45:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Wasn't the direct implication of his post that he doesn't really give a shit about some overblown fashion trend, and just wants to see skating? Asking him to post "a fit" is like the opposite of what he's going to do. c'mon.
[close]
[close]
lmao. Kook. Do yourself a favor and snag a longboard to go with your glorified mall chain clothing.
Telling someone to post a fit is obviously a joke you fucking imbecile

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2015, 07:48:25 PM »
AO's pigtail phase was the ultimate video part ever.

dude attitude

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2015, 07:58:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

tight argument: they should make more content they are a skateboarding company premoting their team and brand is what they are supposed to do >> cherry focused too much on the mediocre FA KIDS THAT R ON THE FA TEAM AND INTEGRAL TO THE FA BRAND so i dont want to see that i dont share fat bill's interest lol
[close]

Well, seeing as how cherry was a Supreme video and not a FA video, FA still does need to release more content.  And the problem with cherry being too focused on those kids was that they weren't discussed that much when hyping up the video.  All you heard about were people like Alex, Dill, dylan., and Koston working on the Supreme video and the unknown kids were definitely more of a sidenote or after thought.  So to have them come out with the most footage and be the central focus was definitely a shock.

based on the original premise of this thread tru though unless yer john travolta's son u should grasp it still doesnt make sense to infer FA should put out more content >> but cherry sucked because it was too focused on FA content lol i mean if you hate those kids yearing for more content seems a little counter intuitive duh and everyone knew those kids were gonna be the focus of cherry lol when your fanbase is comprised of largely 15 yrs old tumblr girls word gets around quick playa

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2015, 09:10:35 PM »
just keep in mind that in the same amount of time A Visual Sound was made, and so was Memory Screen, and so was Goldfish. These new companies are killing it but they're also blowing it. I think it should be ok to admit that.

obZen

• Rep: 7
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2015, 09:16:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Telling someone to post a fit is obviously a joke you fucking imbecile
With the punchline being?

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2015, 09:04:39 AM »

[/quote]

Yea that might be true about helping skate careers, but you could say the same thing for mall shops. But i was thinking how local shows help build skate parks or hold contests or skate jams. I never heard Supreme doing that and I thought that people were on well known board companies first than they would get on Supreme. At least i think that was the deal with the kids in Cherry
[/quote]

yea but when you weren't allowed to skate 12th and A supreme came through and straight helped get it back to where it is now, that's why they have a fat ass box logo painted on the wall right there. if you did any research about the history of supreme maybe you could make a sensible argument
fuck

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2015, 09:20:39 AM »

[/quote]

yea but when you weren't allowed to skate 12th and A supreme came through and straight helped get it back to where it is now, that's why they have a fat ass box logo painted on the wall right there. if you did any research about the history of supreme maybe you could make a sensible argument
[/quote]

i dont care about Supreme to do that, like i said in my original post i never heard or read anything that they did that so yeah

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2015, 09:41:17 AM »
that was billy rohan, not supreme. you're getting it mixed up.

ManMelt

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2015, 10:41:32 AM »
Neither of these companies "owe" you anything, footage included. They are doing things at their own pace, plain and simple. Most of the FA riders have been getting a lot of coverage through their other sponsors, and AO has some sick clips in the NYC projects already mentioned. If you want to see these dudes skate recently, you can, you just have to look for it. Who cares if their footage is from a proper FA or Bianca company vid. This whole thread is ridiculous.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2015, 06:42:08 PM »
the only thing mediocre in Cherry is that flute guy's part ...and even that didn't boring til the 5th watch
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »
the only thing mediocre in Cherry is that flute guy's part ...and even that didn't boring til the 5th watch

saddest thing i've read on here in a while

Prince Nelson

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2015, 06:57:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Paulo Diaz is the greatest

Wauly Palnuts

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2015, 07:08:19 PM »
Seriously, fuck this kid. You could only dream of having the nollie Diaz possesses.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2015, 12:41:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Seriously, fuck this kid. You could only dream of having the nollie Diaz possesses.

thought about Paulo when i watched Cherry today and wondered if everyone got paid to be part of this project

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2015, 03:07:16 PM »
While FA hasn't released much directly their riders have been getting a shitload of coverage between Cherry (Dylan, Dill and the kids in Cherry), Illegal Civilization 2, Nakel and Tyshawn in the welcome to Adidas clips, and the Sean Pablo and Sage in the welcome to cons clips. Not to mention the press they will get if Ave's part in the Vans video lives up to the expectations. I'm not a big fan of the company, it strikes me as Dill's weird vision of a brand and living off Supreme hype, but they are getting coverage.

3D confuses me as it had a very promising outlook with a roster of skaters i'm a big fan of but the only footage is like a 1:30 minute Tom K part, and some Austyn and BA footage on assorted tour videos. I know BA is working on Chronicles 3 but this brand has really lacked promotion when people in the industry can't name your brand your in trouble (Kalis and Smolik on Skatenerd). Bianca is weird and feels structured different then any other brand i've ever seen in skateboarding. Its hard to tell whether its due to Alex's disorganization or some unique insight he has. The thing is though Alex has put out decent footage recently (Cherry and lose clips posted online) but he's always doing stuff which loosely promotes his brand and keeps him relevent (day in the life with Jenkem, his podcast and interacting with fans and such on Tumblr).

Isle doesn't belong to be grouped in with these, they've put out footage in Eleventh Hour and have an announced full length coming out this year.

dude attitude

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2015, 05:32:36 PM »
at the same time one could argue content can differ in scope & brands like palace and bronze do deserve some extra credit for actually speaking for themselves and personally creating strong pieces of work/branding/imagery that encompass and explore greater themes/mores/values than an average second hand clip while fa and bianca dont contribute much of anything

Harem

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2015, 06:01:27 AM »
Neither of these companies "owe" you anything, footage included. They are doing things at their own pace, plain and simple. Most of the FA riders have been getting a lot of coverage through their other sponsors, and AO has some sick clips in the NYC projects already mentioned. If you want to see these dudes skate recently, you can, you just have to look for it. Who cares if their footage is from a proper FA or Bianca company vid. This whole thread is ridiculous.

This guy pretty much sums it up. Good job mate.

Mother Goose.

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2015, 06:38:37 AM »

GoodguyEh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2015, 10:50:55 PM »
No they dont "owe" anything, but to classify yourself as a skate company and not put anything out while other companies are is a little disappointing. To put out ads and to keep adding people to your team is going to leave people expecting something. I agree with you that there is footage out of each individual skater but it would be nice to see a little more synergy between the team

plod

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2015, 01:27:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2015, 05:10:21 AM »
the flute dudes footage did suck. stop patting yourself on the back for knowing who paulo diaz is

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2015, 06:30:09 AM »

you know what? fuck you, yes they do owe it to us. they shit so much "content" onto the internet without actually doing anything and its changing how other people make videos. i want a video, its the only reason to even follow skateboarding in the first place. honestly following these companies feels like following an annoying fashion company. tons of hype and the payoff is a line of clothing to buy. FUCK that. that is not why I follow it.

I'll say it again just incase people missed it but a visual sound came out within the first two years stereo existed. i understand that its easier for us to fill in the blanks as fans with supreme than it is for FA or BC to make a product that meets our expectations but cmon guys. i almost get the impression they have no plans to make anything. the next 10 years is ONLY video clips and ambiguous ideas.

Wauly Palnuts

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2015, 08:15:53 AM »
the flute dudes footage did suck. stop patting yourself on the back for knowing who paulo diaz is
:'( k sorry

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2015, 08:24:43 AM »
To be honest I don't even know which Supreme kid is which. And it doesn't really matter ... the Flute Guy might as well have been Ben Sanchez or Gabriel Rodriguez
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2015, 08:52:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Paulo Diaz was the greatest

Nothing better than a cracked out ethnic Peter Pan playing his penny whistle like a sweaty leprechaun. 8 ball teener *toot* *a*toot*a*toot* he's a total dildo now. Get real you chump dicks.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2015, 09:07:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hankmasterflex

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2015, 01:20:32 PM »
dude no video content?? theyre just being artsy and different...

its like "let the brand do the talking not the skating"

plus their graffics are sick as fuck so dude who fucking cares and theyre core skating

if you dont like it just dont buy there shit go to zumies faggots

also its "for skaters by skaters" so if u dont like it you dont appreciate skating fag