Author Topic: Huf Classic Problem  (Read 7442 times)

GetSnaked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Huf Classic Problem
« on: February 21, 2015, 10:23:51 PM »
Got classic lows.  The shoe dig into my achilles tendon on my left leg.  Anybody had this problem and fixed it?
i get the joke it's just not funny and doing school for a long time doesn't make you not a dipshit.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You little zoomers that came up at zoomies don’t know shit and you need to read a fucking book and put

Musty_Berrings

• Rep: 17
Re: Huf Classic Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 10:33:59 PM »
Try sanding it down a little  with a piece of griptape or sandpaper so it's not as stiff, I similar problem with some vans authentics.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 10:47:14 PM »
DON'T BUY THOSE FUCKING GARBAGE ASS SHOES

YOU SHOULD HAVE FIGURED THAT OUT BY LOOKING AT THE GRIP

IF YOU WANT CONVERSE, BUY FUCKING CONVERSE

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 11:45:52 PM »

whats the origin of your sig?

Prince Nelson

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 10:11:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I could be wrong, but I think grinderman2.tumblr.com made it.

4wheels

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 10:25:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I could be wrong, but I think grinderman2.tumblr.com made it.
yup grinderman made it

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 02:26:43 PM »

No, they feel so much better than converse. They look better too.

Have you skated in them? They skate really well. Didn't last as long as some, but still easily as long as a pair of chucks.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Prince Nelson

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 03:09:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Have you skated in them? They skate really well. Didn't last as long as some, but still easily as long as a pair of chucks.

I don't need to skate them. I've skated pairs of Converse that have lasted multiple months and are way cheaper than Huf's overpriced shit. The Lunarlon and Converse outsole can't be beat.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 05:00:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don't need to skate them. I've skated pairs of Converse that have lasted multiple months and are way cheaper than Huf's overpriced shit. The Lunarlon and Converse outsole can't be beat.

except for the fact that nike owns them and that when skating wasnt making them money they backed out.....
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

louie_bk

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 06:40:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

To have an opinion on how well a shoe skates and lasts? You kinda do. To be honest, I had the same exact opinion as you did about em' before I skated them, but I found a pair on sale and I gotta say, they're so much better than Converse.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is true. CONS are sick but are definitely not better. I do wear the Cons Highs in all black with Lunarlon to hangout in or when I am working at the shop, but to skate, strictly Sutters or Huf Classics. And let me say its sick your supporting Huf. Great team, great product, the Reps are very nice guys.

Yu Dum

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »
Huf footwear fucking sucks. Had a pair of Sutters about a year ago and the side stitching fell apart in about a week.
Get Cons. You won't be disappointed.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 06:57:46 AM »
have 10+ pair of cons, love em

huf classics skate way better

just my opinion from 15 years of shoe trying

Niko Katavainen

• Rep: -4
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 07:43:44 AM »
I would try these but in Finland they cost from 79 to 119 euros and you can get chucks for about 30 to 40 euros so...

Showerface

• Rep: -6
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 08:27:52 AM »
Got classic lows.  The shoe dig into my achilles tendon on my left leg.  Anybody had this problem and fixed it?

I had the exact same problem. You've got to soften it up. I folded the back down and walked around the house for a while with it underneath my heel. That seemed to do the trick for me.
I've not had an issue with the Classic High's that i'm skating now.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 07:46:55 AM »
put some gel deodorant on the inside heel, this creates a layer between your achilles and the shoe. after a while the shoe should form to your foot not this issue should go away.

I don't get the flack on this shoe...ive had no issues whatsoever with them
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

fredtempleton

• Rep: -11
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 11:47:57 AM »
how do the classics fit im an 8 in chucks?

Wauly Palnuts

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 12:15:40 PM »
how do the classics fit im an 8 in chucks?
Go true to size for the hi at least, couldn't tell you about the lo, but from reviews online they seem to run true as well.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 08:59:49 PM »
I've been skating my Thrasher ones for around 3 weeks and the grip is still totally fine and they have plenty of life in them still. Only thing I didn't like was the insoles are really hard. Like I got minor heel bruises easier than normal in them so you might wanna have some insoles to swap. And I wear 12 in most shoes but in Chucks I wear 11 but my Classic Highs in 11 fit too

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 12:08:28 PM »
I gave HUF a serious shot and tried several out of the line: Dylan, Pepper, Sutter, and Galaxy.
The Pepper actually felt sloppy on my foot, and the sole felt like it was 6 inches thick. No shape to the shoe, no heel lock and I had to really crank down on the laces to get them secure. I ended up just giving away the Peppers and Sutters.
That's funny, I loved the Peppers. They skated great and lasted a SUPER long time compared to other shoes I've had recently. The Sutters I really liked too. Very low-profile, suede, and had a great flick. Sure, the shoes may not be the most unique things on the planet, but these days nothing is.

Not trying to discount your experience, just giving my two cents.

mini greek

• Rep: 33
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »

Take a razor blade, and put a little tiny 1/8" slice into the top of the heel collar.  It will relieve the tension that digs into your achilles.  I do it with all my CTAS too....
Get litty.....

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 07:06:07 PM »
I've heard a few Huf models in general give blisters really easily from the old filmer for Da Playground when it was still in Atlanta, so I never got into em.  I know this probably varies from person to person, but oh well.

ontheswarm

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 01:01:26 PM »
Expand Quote
I gave HUF a serious shot and tried several out of the line: Dylan, Pepper, Sutter, and Galaxy.
The Pepper actually felt sloppy on my foot, and the sole felt like it was 6 inches thick. No shape to the shoe, no heel lock and I had to really crank down on the laces to get them secure. I ended up just giving away the Peppers and Sutters.
[close]
That's funny, I loved the Peppers. They skated great and lasted a SUPER long time compared to other shoes I've had recently. The Sutters I really liked too. Very low-profile, suede, and had a great flick. Sure, the shoes may not be the most unique things on the planet, but these days nothing is.

Same the peppers skated so good for me and lasted way longer then any other shoe I've had.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 01:24:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Same the peppers skated so good for me and lasted way longer then any other shoe I've had.
I really liked mine also and the upper held up really well, but I burned through the soles like no other. Not to say they weren't still grippy but like wow I went through them fast. Even Vans soles last a good amount of time for me.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 08:34:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Definitely different strokes for different folks. I get it for sure. The guy I gave the Peppers to swears by them and I know a lot of dudes that love them. They just didn't work for me so I tried to give an honest assessment.

I appreciate your post, an honest take.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:16:22 AM by heritage »

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 10:15:06 AM »
Has anyone tried these?

I want to get some all white shoes for summer, and love the Sutters, but I have my doubts about the durability of the leather...

summertimebluesdaddy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 11:40:54 AM »
I just got some classic lows and they looked/felt really good at first, but just walking in them for a few weeks they started to lose shape and the heel feels really loose.  They just don't feel solid anymore and would bug me if I skated in them.
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride...

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 12:13:04 AM »
All I really skate are Chucks but I got a pair of these for the low not too long ago. They felt nice but the sole is complete garbage. Grip feels flat even when brand new.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 12:15:05 AM »
the problem is that you bought huf's.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 03:45:58 AM »

Put a piece of cotton inside your sock in the place that wounds you. After 1 week the shoe will be broken in and you wont have problems.