Author Topic: Boston / MA for a day  (Read 1055 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Boston / MA for a day
« on: June 07, 2022, 06:58:55 PM »
I’ve gotta go to a wedding in Beverly Massachusetts Friday. I’m not expected anywhere til the evening so planning to wake up early and skate. If there are any good spots near Beverly / Salem or whatever lmk but otherwise I may just head to Boston.  I used to live there but was barely skating at the time so I forget shit. Is Aquarium manny pad still good? Not a bust is it? I’m always looking for bank spots too.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
Re: Boston / MA for a day
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 06:47:43 AM »
Go to the pump track park in allston and explore the 4 way intersection nearby ;) Anything you could want to skate is in that vicinity

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 08:12:45 AM »
@Uncle Flea is in Salem

@tom is a Boston head too
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Fhk

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 05:21:52 PM »
I planned on checking out the Lincoln park banks on Saturday if your down..and if I can get up there

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 08:46:59 PM »
 :'(I haven’t been home for a visit in over 4 years. One of my best friends opened a skateshop in Beverly called Nowhere Fast. There’s a new skatepark in Salem too. Anyways AQ is still a go. Might take getting a little used to again though because of all the cracks. Eggs is always a good time. There used to be a ledge at Lincoln Park in Somerville, but they tore it out and put in a skatepark. It’s a pretty cool looking park too

If I were to pop in for a couple of days those  would be the places I’d want to hit. Toss in a visit to Orchard and Biddy Earlys and you can have a pretty good weekend
fuck you bama

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 11:08:06 PM »
Salem has a decent park. There is a good DIY near there, too, but if you don't know, I can 't spill it here. Peabody (next town over) has a weird park that Gonz shows up at fairly often. Amesbury park/DIY is super rad, and def worth checking...probably even more so than a trip Lynch/Boston.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

FeechLaManna

• Rep: 8
  • long story short, I got my foot in her snatch-
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 05:44:51 AM »
Gonz at Peabody?  :o

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 09:05:49 AM »
Gonz at Peabody?  :o

Yeah, apparently he has family/friends or something that live in the area that he visits. Not sure how long the last sighting was…but they used to be on regular.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 09:20:03 AM »
Good looks yall. Lookin less likely that I’ll have time to go  Boston before the wedding so any streets spots closer to salem Peabody Beverly etc general area appreciated. I’ll have a car.

Yea I see Gonz around NYC but from Instagram it looks like he has a place in Mass too

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2022, 09:13:34 PM »
Good looks yall. Lookin less likely that I’ll have time to go  Boston before the wedding so any streets spots closer to salem Peabody Beverly etc general area appreciated. I’ll have a car.

Yea I see Gonz around NYC but from Instagram it looks like he has a place in Mass too

Go hit the Salem park. It's new. Opened last year, if I recall. Locals there can fill you pure street spots.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2022, 02:56:51 PM »
Salem's wonky as fuck but fun to push around. Lots of bricks and janky street jams. Nothing mind blowing but this time of year its a nice place to just mess around on your stick. Gets some greezy fries and soft serve at Salem Willows and feel the breeze...
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2022, 06:06:21 PM »
not many street spots in salem but the new park is nice. The DIY is fun too if you're into crusty janky stuff. Check out petespigs on insta he has a ton of clips of it. Like someone else said the Amesbury park is super fun if you have time to get up there. Newburyport park is a pretty fun transition-oriented park.

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2022, 08:14:10 PM »
So bizarre that Natas and Gonz frequent Ma. on a relatively frequent basis these days.

Hit up the financial district, One Gig skate shop, and then skate up Newbury, cross over to Copley and make your way to Mass General.

Or, cross the river Charles and you’ll find cool cats in Cambridge and be able to hit the Alston race track.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2022, 09:19:25 AM »
So bizarre that Natas and Gonz frequent Ma. on a relatively frequent basis these days.

Hit up the financial district, One Gig skate shop, and then skate up Newbury, cross over to Copley and make your way to Mass General.

Or, cross the river Charles and you’ll find cool cats in Cambridge and be able to hit the Alston race track.

one gig lmfaooooooo

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 06:19:15 AM »
Not much discussion of actual Boston in this thread… where are the curb/low impact spots? I’ll be staying in downtown right by the knobbed PJ window ledges

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2023, 02:20:46 PM »
Not much discussion of actual Boston in this thread… where are the curb/low impact spots? I’ll be staying in downtown right by the knobbed PJ window ledges

Rose Kennedy Greenway in general is nice with a waxed curb at the corner of Purchase and High. Nice long manual pad at off hour times for foot traffic at Downtown Crossing station, Washinton St and Franklin. Starts ankle high finishes thigh high. Not far in the other direction from you is Reggie Wong park in Chinatown with DIY obstacles. Not my cup of tea but Lynch Skatepark and Eggs (Nashua St Park)

If its curbs youre after, keep some wax on you and all the side streets and alleys in the financial district get super quiet with rounded granite curbs you can choose your own adventure with

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2023, 08:57:15 AM »
Holyoke MA has a cool park & Northampton MA.