Author Topic: Sicily / Southern Italy.  (Read 1838 times)

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Sicily / Southern Italy.
« on: February 24, 2015, 11:21:59 PM »
hey there!

currently starting to plan a trip to sicily or southern italy in general. any recommendations? places that you should visit, overrated stuff, stuff like that.
my girlfriend speaks fluent italian (lived there for 3 years), and i am planning to bring my board.
thanks for all kinds of input!

bob aus lewing

• Rep: 4
Re: Sicily / Southern Italy.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 10:59:25 AM »
i´ve been to catania. there is a small skatepark in parco gioeni on the hill as well as some spots  (there´s also a spot map on skhateyou.com). you can also check out those famous street quarter pipes on via etnea. i don´t know about the skate scene there and i didn´t meet any skaters anywhere so i spent more time just walking around, and it was pretty entertaining. the whole city is pretty much chaos and there is always something happening. the absolute best thing is the food, i´ve eaten by far the best pizza ever there.

N.L.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »
hey there!

currently starting to plan a trip to sicily or southern italy in general. any recommendations? places that you should visit, overrated stuff, stuff like that.
my girlfriend speaks fluent italian (lived there for 3 years), and i am planning to bring my board.
thanks for all kinds of input!

I went to Sicily a few years back but didn't take my sakteboard. Saw a few good spots though. If you're into archaeological stuff your stoked. I really enjoyed the Palermo Catacombs. If one can enjoy such a thing... but I do believe confronting mortality like that is healthy.

http://www.provincia.palermo.it/turismo/tesori_d_arte/00007707_Catacombe_dei_Cappuccini.html

Marsellus Wallace

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 03:33:54 AM »
bumping this because I´ll interrailing from vienna to sicily soon.
What are the best beaches in sicily? other interesting cities besides catania and palermo? I´m pretty flexible with my interrail pass...
I will also stop in Florence, Naples, Roma. Happy about every recommandation

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 04:11:17 AM »
What are the best beaches in sicily? other interesting cities besides catania and palermo? I´m pretty flexible with my interrail pass...

I don‘t know much about Sicily, but I have been to Rome.
Skate map. https://trustever.it/raidaroma/
 The best spots are around the old Olympic stadium and in The neighborhood Mussolini built called EUR. The DIY park under the bridge is fun too. For good pizza and coffee go pretty much anywhere.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 01:22:05 AM »
@Marsellus Wallace

Best beaches in Sicily..

I think you could try spot them around some wide areas.

One is around Parco dello Zingaro around Noto / Siracusa.

The other one could be around San Vito lo Capo, west of Palermo going towards Trapani.

If you can make it to Trapani don’t miss the Egadi islands man.

Long shot but if you can make it to the Eolie islands north of Messina that will blow your mind.

Skate wise Rory Milanes has been enjoying that Palermo square so it can’t be bad. Also Catania has spots.

Lots of stuff has been filmed there like Incompiuto or Samurai Safari so maybe DM Chris Pfanner like a man for pins  :)

Have fun.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 04:28:36 AM »
@Marsellus Wallace

Speaking about Florence / Rome / Naples..

Those are proper Italian places where if you ask some locals you can eat/drink your life out spending virtually close to nothing.

If you’re from Austria, the north of Italy has basically same prices but central Italy already has way lower prices.

In Florence: go to the skatepark near the Fiorentina stadium and ask the locals. Some spots were far from each other and many not in the city centre (need a car). Dokama is the crew there I think.

In Rome: go to Ponte della musica DIY and ask the locals. There are some famous spot areas like EUR where you can skate a ton of fascist architecture, even closer to the center.

In Naples: go to Centro Direzionale and ask the locals. I think there’s a brand from there called Plaza that will know all the spots.
If you can visit the island of Capri / Ischia you’re in for some treats (not skate related but still..) 

I’m not from any of those places I just traveled a bunch but you can also DM me and I’ll help you out.

EDIT: my goal before they bulldoze them is to visit the Vele in Scampia (north of Naples). That’s where they filmed Gomorrah but it’s beyond sketchy to get close to that as a tourist.
I still wanna do it maybe with an overpriced taxi or some shit.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 03:28:27 PM »

when are you going to be out there? I'll be heading to Paris next Monday, staying there until Thursday, then off to Rome for 2 days, then Palermo -> Catania for 6 days . I'll have my board with me but will be with my GF for the Rome->Sicily part but would love to meet up some slap pals while I'm out there if I can for a skate session.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 09:29:32 AM »
Siracusa: Piazza Santa Lucia would be the most known spot there I'd say (found lots of other spots just lurking around but can't think of the names)

Palermo: Piazza in front of the Politeama-Garibaldi Theatre (amazing flatground and a rough but fun slappy) and Piazza della Memoria for some good ledges

ginozz

• Rep: 0
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2022, 06:43:55 AM »
Hope you guys had fun around Italy! Can always hit me up on the dm here or on the instajazz (ginozz)

I'm from Sicily, Catania exactly. If you wanna visit, skate and hang around you're all welcome here  ;)

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 04:33:45 AM »
I'll be in the Taranto region of Apulia for a wedding in mid June. Any pals got some recommendations on street spots or "street style" parks, i.e. nothing transition-focused? 

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2023, 10:55:39 AM »
I'll be in the Taranto region of Apulia for a wedding in mid June. Any pals got some recommendations on street spots or "street style" parks, i.e. nothing transition-focused?

Here's the Skhateyou map, I'm sure there's a lot more going on in the seafront promenades:

https://www.skhateyou.com/spots/Puglia/puglia.html
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2023, 11:34:06 PM »
Awesome, that source is new to me. Thanks a bunch!