Author Topic: MLB Thread  (Read 33996 times)

dillanharp

MLB Thread
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:27:17 AM »
There was a 2014 thread, just thought we needed a general baseball one.

If spring is any indicator, don't worry guys, the Giants aren't doing shit this year.

Glue Reed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
Re: MLB Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 06:08:23 AM »
I'm fucking ready. 

I generally try to not put ANY stock in spring whatsoever, but things are looking pretty grim for the defending Champs already.  Besides a messy spring, Pence is hurt, Pagan is already having back problems and pitching looks shaky as hell.  I'm not worried yet, but... I'm worried.

I'm looking forward to see what happens in Boston when Panda goes on one of his 0 for 45 slumps. 

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 12:47:59 PM »
tigers are playing the reds at home this year, definitely gonna go to that. what do you guys think about a rod, think he will get some time at 3rd? or just dh

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:47:06 PM »
ugh...poor darvish  :-[

No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Uinta High

• Rep: 99
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 06:50:39 PM »
Cleveland has an interesting roster.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 09:25:06 AM »
Mets might actually be a .500 team this year. They could actually finish better than the Yankees for the first time in 20+ years

..A-Rod will see some limited time @ 3b...he's been having a great spring.

sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 12:41:49 PM »
Pretty pumped to see Donaldson and Martin, I'm so bummed out about Stroman though, kid's a beauty and he's arguably the Jays best pitcher.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 08:07:37 PM »
Of all teams I'm most excited for Atlanta

Teheran
Wood
Johnson
Miller
Outman??

Aj and Bethancourt catching, great defense. I think they'll make the playoffs, even though most people count them out. Not sold on Washington, they wayyy overpaid for some fastballers that aren't trustworthy.

And yeah, SF will be just fine, huge ballpark with arguably the best defense in baseball. Instant contender especially with their pitching

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 08:20:28 AM »
Keeping my expectatiosn low for the blue jays, anyhting positive past JUly is a bonus.
I am excited to see sanchez start, kid seems like the real deal

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »
Keeping my expectatiosn low for the blue jays, anyhting positive past JUly is a bonus.
Toronto's team look way different now. Donaldson and Saunders should be good, pitching doesnt lok so hot

Jays have 4 catchers atm

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 06:36:16 AM »

If encarnacion and Bautista are healthy, you'll have a pretty good offense with Donaldson too

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 06:55:44 AM »
Red Sox seem to have a decent outfield and infield this year. I hope to god though we can get some decent pitching. Also my Dad has recently become a Cubs fan because he's a huge Joe Maddon fan, so I guess I'll be listening to the Cubs too

Prince Nelson

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »
I live about 10 minutes from the Giants spring training field. Shit is getting way too wild around here.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »
baseball....does anyone else think Mo'ne Davis is a babe?

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »
Getting pretty stoked over here.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »

Nick..

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 06:15:35 AM »

Teheran
Wood
Johnson
Miller
Outman??

Aj and Bethancourt catching, great defense. I think they'll make the playoffs, even though most people count them out. Not sold on Washington, they wayyy overpaid for some fastballers that aren't trustworthy.

And yeah, SF will be just fine, huge ballpark with arguably the best defense in baseball. Instant contender especially with their pitching

Jim Johnson is an awful reliever, Markakis is still good but he's a significant downgrade over Heyward, and Pierzynski is old, amounted to a -0.6 WAR and a -0.5 dWAR last season, which again is terrible. Not to mention they traded their starting 2B in La Stella for? Atlanta blew it this offseason.

You know you have a stacked rotation when Doug Fister and Gio Gonzalez are your 4th and 5th starters, while also having another starter in Roark in the bullpen, not to mention they have serious depth throughout their lineup. The NL East will go down to either Washington or Miami.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 10:26:56 AM »
Fuck baseball
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Tracer

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 04:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote

Teheran
Wood
Johnson
Miller
Outman??

[close]
Jim Johnson is an awful reliever, Markakis is still good but he's a significant downgrade over Heyward, and Pierzynski is old, amounted to a -0.6 WAR and a -0.5 dWAR last season, which again is terrible. Not to mention they traded their starting 2B in La Stella for? Atlanta blew it this offseason.

You know you have a stacked rotation when Doug Fister and Gio Gonzalez are your 4th and 5th starters, while also having another starter in Roark in the bullpen, not to mention they have serious depth throughout their lineup. The NL East will go down to either Washington or Miami.
LaStella is a nobody, good riddance. Jim Johnson isnt bad, a lot of these new players are coming off career worst years so don't judge them like that. Atlanta will be a good team, its like addition by subtraction

Oh anyone see Oaklands switch pitcher throwing? Thats crazy haha

dillanharp

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 04:31:47 PM »

Nick..

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Teheran
Wood
Johnson
Miller
Outman??

[close]

[close]
LaStella is a nobody, good riddance. Jim Johnson isnt bad, a lot of these new players are coming off career worst years so don't judge them like that. Atlanta will be a good team, its like addition by subtraction

Oh anyone see Oaklands switch pitcher throwing? Thats crazy haha
La Stella is still an upgrade over Callaspo, and realistically, the Braves don't give a shit how they do until their new ballpark opens in 2017.

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 10:40:51 PM »
the Dodgers will do the usual, dumb movements, shitty play by play management and choke.....

Nick..

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 04:55:11 PM »
Braves trade Kimbrel to San Diego, the NL West will be interesting this year for sure.

Tracer

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 06:15:37 PM »
N we're off! Caught the 2H of the Braves game today, Grilli got his first save for ATL 8)

Gordon, lmao how about getting up and running to first? instead he was face down in embarassment for 20 seconds

http://m.mlb.com/video/v63198883/atlmia-gordon-loses-footing-and-falls-after-bunt/?query=&game_pk=413650

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 06:53:32 PM »
Giants about to start up!  Hope MadBum comes through because....

Matt Cain already possibly injured with forearm stiffness and Jake Peavy getting his start set back due to injury or illness (i heard both).

Another hair greying season in store!

At least we're not Cubs fans!  Holy shit what a fiasco (both the stadium and the team)

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 07:57:59 PM »
Lone Astros fan on this board. 2-0 shutout over the tribe. I ain't complainin'.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 07:59:45 PM »
Mets gonna have a .500 season for the first time since moving into new stadium

Tracer

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 11:27:04 PM »
Anyone see the dbags game? Peralta faked being hit then struck out like a bitch

Its crazy how bad baseball players are today, players don't sprint to first, would rather stab at a grounder than get in front of it!

Trumbo were looking at you

dillanharp

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 12:12:28 AM »
Fuck I agree with tracer. What was one of the first fundamentals you learned in little league? Run through the bag. NOBODY does. No hustle, and I'm looking at you Buster Posey.

Tracer

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 01:52:05 AM »
Fuck I agree with tracer. What was one of the first fundamentals you learned in little league? Run through the bag. NOBODY does. No hustle, and I'm looking at you Buster Posey.
MLB players are so pathetic these days, they don't run, pitchers bunt strike 3, fielders won't dive in the stands(for easy outs may I add) There's almost no intensity left aside from rookies tryna earn their stripes

Trumbo in the outfield tonight, cost Arizona the game, the home opener. The ball was rolling right at him, yet he sticks his glove out to be a hero instead of stopping it. It's not even little league stuff, it's 3rd grade gym class fundamentals the pros flub every game I watch.