Author Topic: MLB Thread  (Read 33997 times)

dillanharp

Re: MLB Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2015, 10:01:21 PM »
Fucking Pablo gets benched for lurking Instagram during a game hahahahah.

realitycontrol

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2015, 12:16:17 AM »
Problem is the Dodgers never fucking lose.  Like ever.  Still early

I don't know, man. My Yoyers only avoided a four game sweep because the Rangers' poor kid balked. Don't worry, you guys will beat up on us this weekend and assume control of the NL West.

But yes, that being said, still early.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2015, 04:48:57 AM »
anyone else think miggy has a shot at the triple crown again this year?

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2015, 07:31:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dodgers are doing extremely well.

Yeah, that book is awesome.  Nolan Ryan is like the fucking Clint Eastwood of baseball in there.  I was surprised to see my uncle mentioned by name in there.  That was a first for me.
[close]

was your uncle an ex-player?
[close]

Steve Physioc.  Long time broadcaster.

No shit!  He was briefly a Giants broadcaster back in the 80's if I'm not mistaken?  Totally remember the name.

Fucking Pablo gets benched for lurking Instagram during a game hahahahah.

hahaha good old Pablo... I get a Boston baseball blog feed that pops up on my yahoo every once in a while and it's starting to sound like they are already tiring of his shit.  Again, Sabean makes the right call.  Duffy has equal HR, more RBI and higher AVG with way less at bats.

dillanharp

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2015, 09:25:31 AM »
So MLB cancelled 60 MILLION asg votes because of the Royals.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2015, 10:42:41 AM »

Biggest surprises so far is the AL East

Would loveee to see the Jays take it!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2015, 11:22:04 AM »

It's feasible every season with mig barring his health. I think it was Johnny Damon who said Miguel could easily be one of the greatest hitters of all time. That remains to be seen, but I'm sure when it's all said and done he will be in that convo.

This has probably been the most exciting season in baseball we've (Houston area) seen in probably 10 years. I can't be anymore stoked on Correa. That kid can play.

And I think it would be sick if TB took the AL east, but I do see Toronto potentially winning it.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2015, 05:08:33 PM »
Houston leads the majors in homers, and strikeouts. Good to see atleast 1 gun slinging team doing well, I hate teams like Cincinatti and Tampa who are just fleas getting picked off stealing. Some of the swings from the latin weaklings are pathetic,  busting one up the middle is fine, but cmon smoke the ball

AS Earl Weaver once said, get those big cocksuckers thatll hit the ball out the ballpark

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2015, 04:16:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's feasible every season with mig barring his health. I think it was Johnny Damon who said Miguel could easily be one of the greatest hitters of all time. That remains to be seen, but I'm sure when it's all said and done he will be in that convo.

This has probably been the most exciting season in baseball we've (Houston area) seen in probably 10 years. I can't be anymore stoked on Correa. That kid can play.

And I think it would be sick if TB took the AL east, but I do see Toronto potentially winning it.

I'm hoping miggy can stay healthy this year, its good seeing v mart back tho. he had a pretty good game today so hopefully he's starting to be worth his off season contract haha

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »
Yeah, good grab with Cueto.  It's only gonna help your team, and being that you guys are killing it this year I'd be super excited if I were  Royals fan!

I'm usually hoping for something and getting nothing when it comes to the trade deadline regarding the Giants... but obviously I can't complain in the end.  It would be niiiiiicccceee to go get something; I've heard they are eyeing David Price which would be a good call, our starting rotation after Bumgarner is a tad unpredictable.  Maybe Hammels? (although his stock shot up after yesterday).  Though I doubt it would happen i would KILL to get Aroldis Chapman from the Reds, that dude is filthy and I'm always on egg shells with our closer.  Lord knows what you would have to give up to get him though.

Either way I'm interested to see where other guys go and how many players the A's are gonna get rid of.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2015, 02:18:54 PM »
Welp the Yankees beat up on my Twins (again). We haven't won a series against them at home in 15 years I think. Hoping for a swift bounceback.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2015, 04:34:49 PM »
A rod is on fire, ropes way into the seats like old times. Kind of makes you suspicious but 1st ballot hof easily. Now that Atlanta has fallen back its time to cheer for NY. St Louis might be the only team to win 100, they're so good goddamnit.

dillanharp

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2015, 04:54:19 PM »
A rod is on fire, ropes way into the seats like old times. Kind of makes you suspicious but 1st ballot hof easily. Now that Atlanta has fallen back its time to cheer for NY. St Louis might be the only team to win 100, they're so good goddamnit.

No fucking way. Not until Bonds is in, and that might never happen.

Tracer

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2015, 09:19:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bonds is the best hitter of all time, if he doesn't get in because drugs you may as well erase everyone in the hall. Alex is a yankee he will get in for sure.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2015, 10:44:33 PM »
KC just got Johnny Cueto.  Very psyched on that move.  Any of you other dudes happy (or pissed) on what your teams are doing leading up to the trade deadline?

You're welcome. I like KC, and I hope they win the World Series. Seems like we got some good talent for him, but I think today was a bad omen when the Rockies scored 17 runs on us.

Tracer

« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2015, 12:14:15 AM »
Expand Quote
KC just got Johnny Cueto.  Very psyched on that move.  Any of you other dudes happy (or pissed) on what your teams are doing leading up to the trade deadline?
[close]

You're welcome. I like KC, and I hope they win the World Series. Seems like we got some good talent for him, but I think today was a bad omen when the Rockies scored 17 runs on us.
KC is pretty scary now with their pitching staff, assuming they don't blow it they're in the playoffs. Detroit is done, they always have the best players on all their sport teams. Noone could see this Tiger season coming though, they got caught

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2015, 01:02:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Bonds is the best hitter of all time, if he doesn't get in because drugs you may as well erase everyone in the hall. Alex is a yankee he will get in for sure.
Bonds is most certainly not the best hitter of all time, but I'll bet the A-Rod gets in on his first three ballots

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2015, 01:16:02 PM »

Got your ace. Solid, solid pick up. Just gotta see how he'll handle another play off start.

We picked up local boy done good Scot Kazmir. Tightened up the starting rotation. 4-2 season series (I'll take it) vs KC who I think ends up taking the AL

I think Troy Tulowitzki in a Jays uniform will be insane. Craziest trade thus far.

Tracer

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2015, 01:45:58 PM »
Jays pay the most injury prone 2B, typical blew jays. Good news is they lose a dominican, dominicans are toxic

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Bonds is most certainly not the best hitter of all time, but I'll bet the A-Rod gets in on his first three ballots

There's no goddamn way A-Rod gets the hall, especially before Bonds.  His numbers are just as tainted as McGuire's and Palmeiro and all those chumps.  Bonds at least has his pre-2000 numbers when he was a stick figure... those alone would've gotten him in the hall... before he ballooned up into the Hulk.  Once that happens you'd have to allow Clemens and that whole era.

Speaking of which, congrats to the recent class of Hall Of Famers, particularly Pedro, Johnson and Smoltz who dominated DURING the heaviest steroid era, which makes them even more amazing.  What happened to pitchers by the way??  Now you get a few good years, they get the big contract and and they're done.  Are there any that can compare to Randy Johnson or Pedro, who were lights our for damn near 15 years?

Just saw Papplebon get sent to the Nationals.  Always disliked that guys face.. they aren't making them their closer are they?

dillanharp

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2015, 10:21:41 AM »
The Royals are stacked...

In regards to the HOF talk, just saw that Cooperatown is taking away the votes of guys from BBWAA of they haven't covered the game actively in 10 years. Indontnknow how many votes that actually effects but it could be a chance from some * to get in...

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2015, 10:39:08 AM »
Ridiculous defense play.

Infante backhand flips to Escobar, nabs Perez
Sweet baby Jesus, I look at things like this and it's no wonder they Royals are running away with the division

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2015, 11:09:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ridiculous defense play.

Infante backhand flips to Escobar, nabs Perez
[close]
Sweet baby Jesus, I look at things like this and it's no wonder they Royals are running away with the division
[close]

It doesn't hurt that the rest of the AL is playing pretty mediocre. 

True, since the break it's been all Royals. I thought my Twinkies might have a chance to catch em but we've been slipping

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »
It's almost August and the Mets are one game out of 1st. Unbelievable.

Pretty ridiculous the Jays went and grabbed Tulo, would have killed to see him land here, and Toronto's pitching is horrendous.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2015, 11:34:43 AM »
Well the Indians are handing us our ass today, but that's all on Guthrie who has been pretty frustrating this season.  His control seems to go pretty quickly.  That being said, dude has sucked at Progressive for awhile.  His ERA is something like 7 there.  That definitely went up today.
How do you stay in the bigs with an ERA that high?

Tracer

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2015, 12:59:48 PM »
Just saw Cutch hit a bloop single that turned into a 3 run HR, Rosario  :D MLB called it Cutches little league HR

http://m.mlb.com/video/v308650383/pitmin-bucs-score-three-on-cutchs-little-league-hr

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2015, 02:11:33 PM »
Just saw Cutch hit a bloop single that turned into a 3 run HR, Rosario  :D MLB called it Cutches little league HR

http://m.mlb.com/video/v308650383/pitmin-bucs-score-three-on-cutchs-little-league-hr
That hurt to watch

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »
Dodgers pick up Matt Latos and Michael Morse.. this is a big FUCK YOU to the Giants if you ask me.

good thing GM Sabean has a bunch of big moves up his sleeve... right? right?? hellooo where are you??

Expand Quote
The Royals are stacked...

In regards to the HOF talk, just saw that Cooperatown is taking away the votes of guys from BBWAA of they haven't covered the game actively in 10 years. Indontnknow how many votes that actually effects but it could be a chance from some * to get in...
[close]

I was just reading about this as well, and I think it's potentially a good thing.  Keeps things fresh and current.

definitely a good thing.. there's still some of those crotchety old fucks that won't vote for anybody on the first ballot due to unspoken rule that 'even babe ruth didn't get in the hall the first time'.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2015, 03:48:22 PM »
It's almost August and the Mets are one game out of 1st. Unbelievable.

Pretty ridiculous the Jays went and grabbed Tulo, would have killed to see him land here, and Toronto's pitching is horrendous.

They gave away some pitching prospects and a defensive liability (Reyes though his contract is easier on the check book) for him, but damn tulo is worth the risk imo.

And I agree bea! On Bonds. I Think he'll get in first, IF that ever happens. Outside of the video game numbers he put up in San Fran, his tenure as a pirate statically was pretty stout.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2015, 06:18:38 AM »
Woke up to find out Giants picked up Mike Leake from the Reds.  I dig it... it's a typical Giants move.  His numbers aren't cy young material,  better than Hammels and he's pretty consistent every year, which will most likely improve going to AT&T.  I'll take it, although if they really wanna blow me away they should go get Jeff Samardzija, for the wild card move.

Rest of the season should be pretty hot.  All the big teams made big moves so it's gonna be a dog fight.  I'm pretty intrigued to see what Toronto does.