Author Topic: MLB Thread  (Read 34321 times)

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 85
Re: MLB Thread
« Reply #420 on: March 30, 2024, 09:12:07 PM »
how’s your team looking so far?

Jays fan here and its not good. Our starting pitching staff which was so durable/healthy last year is already down 2, plus our closer and setup man are out. Our hitting issues of last year - no power (traded away both our corner outfielders) and horrible RISP seems to, amazingly enough, be exactly the same. Only 159 games to go!
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Glue Reed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #421 on: March 31, 2024, 03:02:17 AM »
Giants fan here... and I'm actually pretty excited about our squad this year.  The lineup is looking good, I love the new additions and our starting pitching could be one of the best in the league (once a few of our guys get back from the DL).
Middle relief makes me nervous, as it does for just about every team (I hate the concept of middle relief and just wish they'd let the starters stay in longer).

Our division is pretty ruthless though, just about every team (except Colorado) can win 90+ so gonna be crazy to see how it'll play out.  Hoping the Dodgers pull a 2023 Mets but that seems unlikely.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #422 on: March 31, 2024, 11:42:30 AM »
Expand Quote
how’s your team looking so far?
[close]

Jays fan here and its not good. Our starting pitching staff which was so durable/healthy last year is already down 2, plus our closer and setup man are out. Our hitting issues of last year - no power (traded away both our corner outfielders) and horrible RISP seems to, amazingly enough, be exactly the same. Only 159 games to go!

I’m with you. gausman is supposed to start today.

springer has looked good, bo has been a bit off, have high hopes for turner and vogelbach, for bringing some offense, but neither have delivered yet

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #423 on: April 01, 2024, 12:12:55 PM »
Looking like another rough year for Red Sox fans. Doesn't help that the Yanks are 4-0 to start it off

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #424 on: April 01, 2024, 08:08:45 PM »
With Soto playing the “hero”…. Yuck

The Lone Trashtros fan. Ronel Blanco 30 year old making his 8th career start just had a child and no-hit the Jays today. Who aren’t a pushover. Helluva week for that cat…
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna