Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 83289 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2021, 04:58:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just saw something about a twin tail girl deck. Anyone know the shape number for it?
[close]
It's not out yet..but when it is I will be in line next to you.
[close]

I believe Chris Roberts has been skating it. All I know is that it is an 8.25. I saw on youtube that Crob did a full setup livestream but I havent watched it. He might talk more about the shape in it. It is like 2 hours long though so I'm not sure anyone is curious enough about it to put themselves  through that.

Got the link? I can put it on as background noise.

I had to ditch the G027 after the fourth session, I just couldn't get anything to feel right, everything was off. I'll be keeping an eye out for the TT tho.

Fhk

« Reply #211 on: March 01, 2021, 06:32:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just saw something about a twin tail girl deck. Anyone know the shape number for it?
[close]
[close]

I believe Chris Roberts has been skating it. All I know is that it is an 8.25. I saw on youtube that Crob did a full setup livestream but I havent watched it. He might talk more about the shape in it. It is like 2 hours long though so I'm not sure anyone is curious enough about it to put themselves  through that.
[close]

I had to ditch the G027 after the fourth session, I just couldn't get anything to feel right, everything was off. I'll be keeping an eye out for the TT tho.
Maybe I gave up too early but there was very little info given.. it was mostly mumbling and incoherent babble from what I remember bud. It's on their Yt channel under green room or something.

Edit: found it for you.. I hope your super bored :)
https://youtu.be/npkrMcnrZK0

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2021, 10:21:10 PM »
Thanks man!

I'm down for a Hybrid board, somewhere between a tail and nose, I'm in.

"What trucks?"

Indies, I ride for Indy.

Puts on Thunders....

FatGuy92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2021, 11:15:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Maybe I gave up too early but there was very little info given.. it was mostly mumbling and incoherent babble from what I remember bud. It's on their Yt channel under green room or something.

Edit: found it for you.. I hope your super bored :)
https://youtu.be/npkrMcnrZK0

Yeah I still keep up with the nine club but this was unbearable.

Fhk

« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2021, 02:25:49 AM »
Thanks man!

"What trucks?"

Indies, I ride for Indy.

Puts on Thunders....
Ha! I thought that I saw Thunders when I first watched it, but I certainly couldn't bear the pain of rewinding it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2021, 08:29:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Thanks man!

"What trucks?"

Indies, I ride for Indy.

Puts on Thunders....
[close]
Ha! I thought that I saw Thunders when I first watched it, but I certainly couldn't bear the pain of rewinding it.

I jumped around....can't believe people were donating dollars during this.

Was he high? I mean, how can you not know what brand trucks you are putting on, especially if you are sponsored but them? He's riding thunders in all his recent curb cuts...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #216 on: March 02, 2021, 01:54:10 PM »
Maybe he’s ... joking?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

vhsfisheye

« Reply #217 on: March 02, 2021, 09:24:21 PM »
got a G027 im loving my pop with the longer tail, boards fairly symmetrical makes me wanna try an ishod twin tail when im finished. only had one sesh on it so far tho so opinions can change. i went from loving to hating to loving my polar arigato and i started off loving my son of moontrimmer but i hate how heelflips feel on it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2021, 08:05:44 PM »
I just got a pop secret board, first time skating any kind of technologically advanced board (unless you count those corrugated Baker boards back in the day). Very curious to see how it skates, though I likely won't set it up for a bit.

IDK if this has been mentioned here, but can I expect this to start getting pressure cracks out the gate like regular crail boards?

Skated with a bunch of randos today; dude rolled up, started skating around and you could hear that his board was crispy/stiff/different (I'm skating DLX right now and it feels sounds dead...fucking DSM crispy-goodness), it just made a different sound when it hit concrete, and if you ever skated a P2/VX, Impact, you know that sound.

Caught a glimpse of the bottom, girl logo, asked if it was a pop secret, it was.

My skateboarding nerd-ery had evolved into deciphering products by sound.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:14:57 PM by Xen »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2021, 08:35:20 PM »
thinking about dropping the hammer on a pop secret 8.25 or a PS stix 93 til infinity 8.5
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 12:24:02 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #220 on: March 22, 2021, 09:36:43 PM »
m
Expand Quote
I just got a pop secret board, first time skating any kind of technologically advanced board (unless you count those corrugated Baker boards back in the day). Very curious to see how it skates, though I likely won't set it up for a bit.

IDK if this has been mentioned here, but can I expect this to start getting pressure cracks out the gate like regular crail boards?
[close]

Skated with a bunch of randos today; dude rolled up, started skating around and you could hear that his board was crispy/stiff/different (I'm skating DLX right now and it feels sounds dead...fucking DSM crispy-goodness), it just made a different sound when it hit concrete, and if you ever skated a P2/VX, Impact, you know that sound.

Caught a glimpse of the bottom, girl logo, asked if it was a pop secret, it was.

Soooo....how’s the pop secret? Did dude like it? What about it FI?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2021, 07:05:47 AM »
m
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Still in the stack. The tail is tiny so I am kind of convinced I made a mistake and am going to hate it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2021, 10:04:54 AM »
m
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Jury was out, he said it was stiff, reaaaaally stiff.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2021, 11:01:02 AM »
Expand Quote
m
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Two bets dudes at my local are always skating the soggiest boards and still have major pop. One of them got a second hand girl pop secret deck and the thing still sounded crispier and stiffer than a brand new bbs deck. Dude was flying out of the bank on that thing

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2021, 11:15:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
m
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Two bets dudes at my local are always skating the soggiest boards and still have major pop. One of them got a second hand girl pop secret deck and the thing still sounded crispier and stiffer than a brand new bbs deck. Dude was flying out of the bank on that thing

Coming off a VX, a DSM R7, everything feels waterlogged, especially BBS. My current Anti-hero sounds water-logged by comparison to the pop-secret.

It's true the pop is about the skater but stiffer decks to hold pop longer, IF you outlast razor tail. I'd say there are times I razor tail faster than the board sogging out. 'Composite/tech' boards always sound better with ollies tho, such a loud CRACK.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 01:16:39 PM by Xen »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2021, 10:05:42 PM »
Phawt shape is back.

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -20
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2021, 04:02:55 AM »
Girl just needs to make an 8.25 version of the G008 shape. Literally the best shape they ever made

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2021, 05:41:49 AM »
Girl just needs to make an 8.25 version of the G008 shape. Literally the best shape they ever made
I’m too lazy to look, is that the 8.0 with the 14.25 wheelbase?

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -20
« Reply #228 on: March 25, 2021, 06:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’m too lazy to look, is that the 8.0 with the 14.25 wheelbase?
and a 31.875 length, i feel like its the most generic/good performing shape that one can get. I feel like if they made an 8.25 with the same dims i could just skate it forever

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #229 on: March 25, 2021, 06:33:07 PM »
I ordered the Carroll 93 to Infinity 8.38. I've never had a Girl deck, but those dimensions were singing to me. It's PS Stix, I am comfy on flatter concave, and 18 year old me loved Mike...so off we go.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #230 on: March 29, 2021, 11:28:32 AM »
I ordered the Carroll 93 to Infinity 8.38. I've never had a Girl deck, but those dimensions were singing to me. It's PS Stix, I am comfy on flatter concave, and 18 year old me loved Mike...so off we go.

lol so I read all of this wrong and the one that I got is definitely not PS Stix, but the shape is lovely and the pop is very crisp. The wood is markedly different vs. BBS or PS, so I am intrigued as to how this will wear for me, but so far I like the nose, the pintail, and the feel of the concave. This is my first Crail board, as I had avoided them on my return to skating due to what I had read re: the quality.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #231 on: March 29, 2021, 12:40:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol so I read all of this wrong and the one that I got is definitely not PS Stix, but the shape is lovely and the pop is very crisp. The wood is markedly different vs. BBS or PS, so I am intrigued as to how this will wear for me, but so far I like the nose, the pintail, and the feel of the concave. This is my first Crail board, as I had avoided them on my return to skating due to what I had read re: the quality.

The Chocolates and Girls I’ve skated lately have felt better than recent BBS boards I’ve had. Don’t fall victim to the hive mind on here, try stuff for yourself and then form an opinion

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2021, 12:41:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wish they used ps. The new stuff is decent tho. Some of the old stuff was really great too, but the qc was hit and miss, miss, miss.
Crail shapes are rad, pin tails....
Which trucks you using with?

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2021, 12:46:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wish they used ps. The new stuff is decent tho. Some of the old stuff was really great too, but the qc was hit and miss, miss, miss.
Crail shapes are rad, pin tails....
Which trucks you using with?

Indy 144. It feels way comfortable and responsive. And I like the flatness, but the nose has some kick, which I also like.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2021, 12:51:03 PM »
Are the pop secret decks steeper than the normal crail flatness? It would be nice to have like a tech board but with mellow concave

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: March 29, 2021, 07:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The Chocolates and Girls I’ve skated lately have felt better than recent BBS boards I’ve had. Don’t fall victim to the hive mind on here, try stuff for yourself and then form an opinion

Girl wood, for me, is second only to DSM (Dwindle and NHS - no idea if NHS is still using DSM); anything out of BBS or PS stix just feels mushy now.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2021, 07:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Girl wood, for me, is second only to DSM (Dwindle and NHS - no idea if NHS is still using DSM); anything out of BBS or PS stix just feels mushy now.

Just chiming in with the same thing I always say: for me, crail boards pressure crack the first session but after that they stay crispy and never chip and I'll run them until they razor. Plus I like that the loveseat and couch are always around these days.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2021, 07:41:41 PM »
I've always avoided crail, but all these positive reviews recently of the wood makes me want to try them out. The shapes and concave seem great to me I just always heard they were mushy

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2021, 08:04:30 PM »
I'd buy Crail but I don't think I can do the shapes anymore.

Tried the 8.25 with 14 WB and it wasn't my vibe.

Currently lovin the 8.25 x 31.9 14.25 wb bbs(Baker) I'm riding right now.

Also, I don't think I can fuck with a brand who doesn't promote accountability
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 12:01:50 PM by TurdyBird »
The chillest1

Dan_562

• Rep: 1
« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2021, 08:08:19 PM »
Anyone know what factory crail used pre 2016?
Thanks in advance