Author Topic: Venice Locals Attack!  (Read 8622 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Re: Venice Locals Attack!
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 03:52:53 AM »
Apparently, someone was arrested.

Although some commenters suggested that she must have done something. If she did, and knew people were after her, why would she be there at night without backup?

Most news reports agree that the altercation started at the skatepark and moved to the nearby street until the police was called at around 9 p.m. Both the skatepark and boardwalk vendors shut down at sunset. Unless you are homeless, it's an odd place to hang out. And if the altercation started at the park, there is a police substation steps away from the skatepark. The victims walked in the opposite direction when they knew they were in trouble.

Was it a case of mistaken identity? Venice Beach is the second largest tourist attraction in Southern California, and the attacks occurred at one of the busiest sections of foot traffic in Venice. The attackers were sure enough and willing to risk repercussions to carry out something brazen.

I suppose I was just playing armchair detective and who knows how that was edited... It seems strange to me to say they said "That's her," without adding that you didn't know what they meant or you'd never been there before or some kind of response. It seemed like they had got beaten up as a repercussion of something which they weren't talking about. I suppose if you'd gone and stolen stuff and were going back again, maybe you wouldn't add that in...

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 05:19:34 AM »
Hali>Cali

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 07:44:17 AM »
It seriously seems like half the commenters in this thread are fucking illiterate.

According to the teen, the two males had apparently recognized her from a confrontation last month in which she was told at the time not to come back to the area.

Unless you are homeless, it's an odd place to hang out.

People, especially younger ones hangout at the both Venice and Santa Monica beaches until way past sunset drinking/smoking/fucking/fighting etc so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. 

Even that bullshit drum circle goes past 9pm
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:50:41 AM by ill_Murray »
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Phillyflared

• Rep: 40
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 08:46:34 AM »
Venice is straight trash.
100% agree...the worst.

straight

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 08:52:59 AM »

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 08:54:27 AM »
if someone gets beat with a baseball bat, do baseball players get blamed?
If the beating takes place at a baseball diamond, yes.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3401
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 08:55:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Venice is straight trash.
[close]

I'm starting to get sick of all your straight hate

LOL Venice is breeder trash.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 08:56:10 AM »
lol saw someone get hit in the head with a bat today this typa shit happens all the time

I love Typa. He drops the fattest beats and spits mad flow...a true hippety-hopper.

too much

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 09:30:47 AM »
It seriously seems like half the commenters in this thread are fucking illiterate.

According to the teen, the two males had apparently recognized her from a confrontation last month in which she was told at the time not to come back to the area.

Expand Quote
[close]

People, especially younger ones hangout at the both Venice and Santa Monica beaches until way past sunset drinking/smoking/fucking/fighting etc so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. 

Illiterate sure, but this is exactly what she said in the interview:

News guy:
Around 8:30 the couple were walking back to their car...

Girl:
Two boys walked up to us and were like where are you guys from, before we could say anything, the boy said oh that's her, that's her...

News guy:
Those 2 boys apparently recognized Brooklyn from a confrontation last month. When Brooklyn was told not to come back.

Girl:
They just come out of nowhere on skateboards. At least 30. There was so many.

Hope that is pretty clear yo. The news reporter later said the bulk of the attack was on Brooklyn. There's video footage, witnesses, I don't know why you keep arguing. The interview with Brooklyn doesn't sound suspect at all, so weird people are blaming the victim, forgot I was on the internet...

I agree with Chavo, odd place to hang out for any extended period of time unless you are on one that night. I actually went on a tinder date in Venice at night and had no idea the boardwalk shuts down and gets completely dark for the most part. I kinda fucked that up. Shit is wack at night you're pretty much stuck hanging out at the skate park smoking weed. Just kidding...we went to a bar and then a restaurant. Santa Monica has probably more people on the beach at night because of the rides on the pier.

shark tits

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 09:33:04 AM »
they told her to 'beat it ya val jerk' once.
'nobody deserves to get hit w/ a skateboard' fuck outta here. are ya'll just saintly? i wish cancer and paralysis on people but some of yuz don't think anyone in this big bad world deserve a clonk on the head w/ a 4 lb bludgeoning instrument? you're holier than i am [if you legit believe that].

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 09:46:20 AM »
This story saddens me. Back in my day we'd handle beef with a joust stick/pole thing in the Bronson wash.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 10:09:18 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Illiterate sure, but this is exactly what she said in the interview:

News guy:
Around 8:30 the couple were walking back to their car...

Girl:
Two boys walked up to us and were like where are you guys from, before we could say anything, the boy said oh that's her, that's her...

News guy:
Those 2 boys apparently recognized Brooklyn from a confrontation last month. When Brooklyn was told not to come back.

Girl:
They just come out of nowhere on skateboards. At least 30. There was so many.

Hope that is pretty clear yo. The news reporter later said the bulk of the attack was on Brooklyn. There's video footage, witnesses, I don't know why you keep arguing. The interview with Brooklyn doesn't sound suspect at all, so weird people are blaming the victim, forgot I was on the internet...

I agree with Chavo, odd place to hang out for any extended period of time unless you are on one that night. I actually went on a tinder date in Venice at night and had no idea the boardwalk shuts down and gets completely dark for the most part. I kinda fucked that up. Shit is wack at night you're pretty much stuck hanging out at the skate park smoking weed. Just kidding...we went to a bar and then a restaurant. Santa Monica has probably more people on the beach at night because of the rides on the pier.

Holy shit man, you're a fucking person.  I wasn't saying this recent confrontation was when they stole the bag, from what I heard the previous confrontation was about a backpack full of weed that went missing. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -515
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 10:16:27 AM »
Horrible story, no question, but this shit has been happening in Venice forever. Have you all not heard about some of the "locals only" surf antics of the 70's?

We've been talking about this in my geography class since its local history and the vibe of venice seems way different now. Those kids talk a lot but they keep their shit to themselves , it's way too populace of an area to get pissy over little thing that could get the cops called so I'd imagine it had to be something pretty fucked on the victims part to warrant the locals taking such a risk.

A lot of the kids that lurk the park are from the lower-middle class neighborhoods surrounding venice, so I wouldn't be surprised if some beef from home or something followed them to the park. But for the most park the locals at the venice park are pretty docile.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2015, 10:45:00 AM »

We've been talking about this in my geography class since its local history and the vibe of venice seems way different now. Those kids talk a lot but they keep their shit to themselves , it's way too populace of an area to get pissy over little thing that could get the cops called so I'd imagine it had to be something pretty fucked on the victims part to warrant the locals taking such a risk.

A lot of the kids that lurk the park are from the lower-middle class neighborhoods surrounding venice, so I wouldn't be surprised if some beef from home or something followed them to the park. But for the most park the locals at the venice park are pretty docile.

There are no lower-middle class neighborhoods surrounding venice. Inglewood and Crenshaw (and even much of those neighborhoods are upper middle class) are the closest, but still seems like a long journey to claim being a local at some place you're not from.

Most of the reports agree that the attack was sudden. The CBS report emphasizes that the melee began at the skatepark and "spilled" out to the street. That seems unlikely as the attack location (Windward and Pacific) is almost a quarter mile from the park. And who carries a backpack full of weed, only to lose it from a teenage girl?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2015, 10:49:21 AM »
I've said this before in past threads and I'll say it again; Venice locals are the worst. What lizard king said about Venice in his free lunch was spot on.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2015, 12:38:26 PM »
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:41:04 PM by Disco234 »
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 02:09:58 PM »
6' 200lb

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 05:22:40 PM »
6' 200lb

Really needed that board to take out that girl?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2015, 06:02:30 PM »
'nobody deserves to get hit w/ a skateboard' fuck outta here. are ya'll just saintly? i wish cancer and paralysis on people but some of yuz don't think anyone in this big bad world deserve a clonk on the head w/ a 4 lb bludgeoning instrument? you're holier than i am [if you legit believe that].

No one deserves to be hit with an object that could potentially result in the loss of their life. You just sound like a dumbass trying to act hard on the Internet. Also you seem like a giant piece of shit after this statement of yours.

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2015, 06:10:47 PM »
What about lol Hitler?

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2015, 06:14:18 PM »
yeah its fucked up the chick got her head split but this shit happens all over every day, we dont really know any details and just cuz a skateboard was used as the weapon its nothing out of the ordinary to get worked up about

shark tits

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No one deserves to be hit with an object that could potentially result in the loss of their life. You just sound like a dumbass trying to act hard on the Internet. Also you seem like a giant piece of shit after this statement of yours.
ain't nothing 'hard' about it, touch hole. when i don't like someone i wish far worse than a skateboard to the head. i'm a sweetheart but i know what it is to hate. if someone killed your mother would you think a skateboard to the head was too much punishment?

straight

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2015, 06:47:53 PM »
Wish it was a longboard. They need a stigma

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2015, 09:07:31 PM »
I just don't understand how this could happen. Skateboarders have always been such a sweet group of people.

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2015, 09:14:33 PM »
if someone gets beat with a baseball bat, do baseball players get blamed?

Whenever I witness a car accident, I blame NASCAR.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2015, 09:18:40 PM »
Wish it was a longboard. They need a stigma
Longboard stigma is so pungent anyone within a km smells it. It's like admitting you're a complete dumbass, girls are fine though we like dumbass girls

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 10:17:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
ain't nothing 'hard' about it, touch hole. when i don't like someone i wish far worse than a skateboard to the head. i'm a sweetheart but i know what it is to hate. if someone killed your mother would you think a skateboard to the head was too much punishment?
you've already shown time again that you are a piece of shit, please don't speak about issues of morality anymore
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

shark tits

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 10:26:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
you've already shown time again that you are a piece of shit, please don't speak about issues of morality anymore
i'm sorry motherfucker. i want ice nine's approval soooo bad. no, i do know what that means. i'm only posting about my books, my shelves, my skateboard. that's it, that's all.

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2015, 11:15:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

smh gimme a break noone deserves to be hit with something? if you stumbled on some dude raping a lil girl in an alley would you pick something up and brain him or call the police and wait 2 hours?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2015, 12:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
smh gimme a break noone deserves to be hit with something? if you stumbled on some dude raping a lil girl in an alley would you pick something up and brain him or call the police and wait 2 hours?

Not really sure that this is really that connected to these two. They were walking through a car park.

Hitting people in the head with a heavy metal thing isn't generally considered a good/polite thing to.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE