Author Topic: Carhartt WIP  (Read 6711 times)

yungapplejuice

Carhartt WIP
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:31:11 PM »
I just found out about this brand, and they seem to have a cool aesthetic, dope team and quality product .

Anyone got any previous/current experience with loungin/skating their pants ?

More specifically- any insight on a comfy pair of their chinos, sid vs. club etc. ?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm looking to purchase a fresh pair of pants and shorts for the summer . I'm willing to dish out the dough!

Heather Chandler

Re: Carhartt WIP
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:56:18 PM »
I've seen the website a few years ago, then I was like What In (the) Phuck!  Those prices, oof.

Turtle Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 01:08:25 AM »
Their prices skyrocketed those last years, but thay have rather good products. Their jeans are rather good but to expensive. Good thing I have them for half the price.  :D

fangen

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 07:45:15 AM »
I've always seen bmx/fmx bros wear carhartt interchangeably with dickies. The quality is probably there.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 06:08:43 PM »
Yeah their stuff is pretty sick, but at that price, ive just bought the regular non wip carhartt equivalent. Carhartt quality is unbeatable

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 07:03:02 PM »
not pants related but, recently bought a carhartt WIP navy chore coat from END.
this thing is fucking perfect. I'm 5'10'', the small fits me just right.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »
Carhartt quality is top notch but prices are too damn high for a average skater, at least here in Portugal. I have just one Carhartt Bomber jacket that was least than half the price and i love it, but couldn't get it at full price... I usually don't have money for Carhartt so i buy Dickies that has quality products for a way more fair price.

(It seams that all the rich cool kids here use Carhartt like it is some kind of status symbol, the cool boy brand. dunno if it's that way everywhere)

They also have probably the best Euro Team!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 09:31:04 PM »
I have a Carhartt longsleeve work shirt that is dope. The small is a little big on me though and I wear a medium normally.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3325
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »
Carhartt stuff is great but the prices are horrible. When I was in New York last year I went to the WIP store there and blew some money...happy with the stuff, for sure. But it's in "splurge" territory for me.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 05:10:39 PM »
I have a Carhartt longsleeve work shirt that is dope. The small is a little big on me though and I wear a medium normally.

Yeah, Carhartt's sizing is really weird. I normally wear an L, and their large is like a XL if not XXL.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 05:44:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, Carhartt's sizing is really weird. I normally wear an L, and their large is like a XL if not XXL.

I usualy use M in my jackets but my carhartt one is a L and fits just fine... My lady bought me one from the collab Carhartt x Antiz in L for christmas but i had to go to the shop to trade it for something else because it was too big! I would say, if you can, try it first because they are wierd in sizing.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 09:48:34 PM »
The WIP stuff is more fitted no?

hsggreen

• Rep: 30
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 06:44:49 AM »
Interested in WIP, the common stuff I get at Bass Pro lasts forever. Ten years strong on the same work coat.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 07:05:46 PM »
The WIP stuff is more fitted no?
yeah, their pants and jackets are great. not cut weird like the work carhartt shit.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 08:57:53 PM »
WIP is like a euro streetwear company that licenses the name/logo from the workwear in america
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 11:25:51 PM »
Still blows my mind that Carhartt is a legit streetwear/skate brand in Europe...

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 10:46:51 AM »
I have a couple pairs of the paints. The fit is way better than your traditional carhartt stuff you get at an army navy store. The construction is so far above your typical pair of pants, I've had one pair for about 3 years now & still no holes & aren't super worn looking. They'll run you between 70-90 dollars. I was skeptical, but they've won me over & I swear by them now.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 02:02:41 PM »
WIP quality is really hit or miss. IF you go into it expecting a well-tailored version of their workwear staples you will be disappointed. The double Knees don't have shit on their carpenter counterparts, but the fit is perfect for me so I make do. Bought some socks and I can say they were 100% garbage. Pretty much never worth buying at full price.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 05:07:16 AM »
It's pretty nice stuff. Try and scoop some END Clothing or similar has end of season sales. The Sid pants are some of the nicest around.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »
the wip is pretty new for america but in europe carhartt was marketed as a skate- and streetwear brand since at least the late nineties. they actually did a lot for european skateboarding as a whole and put out a lot of good projects and had(?) a rad skate team. pontus used to ride for them as well and rep them super hard.

but since it's called carhartt wip and marketed internationally a lot of designs have gone to the shitter imo. it's like they botch a perfect shirt with a silly printed panel or some shit. there's still good stuff, but i like the workwear the most and i can get that slightly cheaper in workwear stores here, too, instead of fashion stores.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 08:17:56 PM »
Carhartt quality is top notch but prices are too damn high for a average skater, at least here in Portugal. I have just one Carhartt Bomber jacket that was least than half the price and i love it, but couldn't get it at full price... I usually don't have money for Carhartt so i buy Dickies that has quality products for a way more fair price.

(It seams that all the rich cool kids here use Carhartt like it is some kind of status symbol, the cool boy brand. dunno if it's that way everywhere)

They also have probably the best Euro Team!

In America Carhartt is mainly an outdoors/work clothes type deal associated with the blue collar and rednecks. So no not really. I didn't even know they did skate shit.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

ZEBRA

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 11:42:22 PM »
I never heard of this before, so I just went to the site to check it out. I really like their stuff. I'm already a fan of normal Carhartt stuff, but WHY IN GOD'S NAME IS IT SO EXPENSIVE?!?!?!

It's like $88 for a pair of shorts!!!

Sorry if the answer to my question is above. I didn't feel like reading all that stuff.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:44:11 PM by ZEBRA »