Author Topic: factory for producing trucks and wheels (cruisers)?  (Read 1118 times)

RECK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
factory for producing trucks and wheels (cruisers)?
« on: October 02, 2016, 07:36:40 AM »
Sorry if this seems like spam. But I'm wondering if any heads here have any contact for any reliable factorys producing skate hardware (i.e wheels, trucks, bearings. I'm combing my love of skating and woodwork and making a small run of some oak screenprinted retro style cruiser boards and haven't had much luck finding any decent factorys online. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
Re: factory for producing trucks and wheels (cruisers)?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 07:11:47 PM »
Why not use existing trucks and wheels that already have decades of R&D behind them? Even if you find a reputable factory, you'll spend a fortune in tooling costs (before extensively testing cnc prototypes).

Creative Urethane is probably the best third party wheel factory. If you don't want to make quality product, you might just buy blanks on eBay. These guys screen generic Chinese wheels in-house http://pointdistribution.com

shit_for_brains

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 08:20:42 PM »
Why not use existing trucks and wheels that already have decades of R&D behind them? Even if you find a reputable factory, you'll spend a fortune in tooling costs (before extensively testing cnc prototypes).

Creative Urethane is probably the best third party wheel factory. If you don't want to make quality product, you might just buy blanks on eBay. These guys screen generic Chinese wheels in-house http://pointdistribution.com

Point Dist. wheels are terrible. Their boards are decent though.

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 08:25:16 PM »

Yeah, personally I would never buy a cruiser that had some who knows what the fuck wheels and trucks on it. Set it up with some indy's and OJ Hot Juice and I'd be all over it though.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 09:14:08 PM »
if you're serious about this PM me. im living in China and work directly with some factories for skateboarding hard goods
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 10:09:48 PM »
OP: Post some of your designs and shapes.

RECK

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 04:17:32 AM »
if you're serious about this PM me. im living in China and work directly with some factories for skateboarding hard goods

sent you a pm man ;)

RECK

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 08:07:59 AM »
shameless bump