Author Topic: talking shit in person.  (Read 6190 times)

posguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
talking shit in person.
« on: April 06, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »
So we all talk mad shit about skaters and their sponsors but who here has ever had the chance to actually call a pro out in person, to their face and they did it?

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
Re: talking shit in person.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 07:42:47 PM »
In 2006 I told Dylan he should be more like Ryan Nix. I really meant it, but in retrospect .. what a diss
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 07:58:58 PM »
Jersey skaters give it to Nyjah every time at their Street League stop.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 08:10:21 PM »
I never talked shit to an actual pro i saw, thats because i saw the best skaters. I saw kerry getz skating that 3 stair ledge he does half cab crook 180 out in his skate more part. That spot is like 10 minutes from me. I only been to one demo in my life and it was a Vans demo when i was young and i think the only person i got to interact with was Dustin Dollin and how you going to talk shit about him?

I have seen other people around philly like Asta and Ishod and i like them but if i see someone i don't like and im with my friends ill would probably act like a teenage girl and whisper to my friends making fun of him and laugh really loud

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 12:32:57 AM »
no not never

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 01:23:47 AM »
when skaterock shit came to australia the came to one of my local pub. me and me friend was there both heaps drunk and we were talking to tnt, baca, herman, dollin etc etc and my friend said someone should punch me in the face and as he said that figgy walked past and hit him while me and everyone just laughed at him. then later on we saw burman and i called him shit and he just said i know

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 03:17:03 AM »
when skaterock shit came to australia the came to one of my local pub. me and me friend was there both heaps drunk and we were talking to tnt, baca, herman, dollin etc etc and my friend said someone should punch me in the face and as he said that figgy walked past and hit him while me and everyone just laughed at him. then later on we saw burman and i called him shit and he just said i know

Sounds like a fairly hectic night

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 03:39:10 AM »
It wasn't me but I was there many years ago and the Split team was in town when they still sponsored skaters and I can't remember who all came out on that tour but definitely Fabrizio Santos and Andy Mac were there and also maybe Jim Gagne.

Anyway it was like 2001 or so. They were sessioning at a local park (not a demo) and I was skating with a bunch of other guys and Andy Mac is trying to feeble grind this flat bar, your standard square skatepark  flatbar, not very high just a regular flatbar that most little shit skatepark kids could feeble grind in their sleep but Andy Mac was struggling, like seriously trying it for a long time and just not putting it together.

I think it took him like 25 or 30 tries it might have even been longer but  he landed it  and landed it pretty badly too but my homie (drunk at the time) just yells out "FINALLY!" in such a disgusted sarcastic tone and Andy Mac just looked super bummed after that.

Also my homie yelled out "YEAH FROGFACE!!!" whenever Fabrizio landed something. It was pretty goddamn funny but maybe it's one of those you had to be there kind of things.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:46:33 AM by Shitbag »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 04:34:05 AM »
Talking shit to one's face and blurting out something stupid while drunk are two separate things. No social lubricants allowed!

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 05:40:45 AM »
My friend called out Ryan Sheckler for wearing makeup when he was like 13 at a Vans Triple Crown in Cleveland one time. It was pretty lame but he was definitely wearing make up and couldn't even deny it.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 06:20:44 AM »
My friend called out Ryan Sheckler for wearing makeup when he was like 13 at a Vans Triple Crown in Cleveland one time. It was pretty lame but he was definitely wearing make up and couldn't even deny it.
lol!!!

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 06:40:57 AM »
I told Heath to smile once and he broke my board.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 07:18:15 AM »
Back when Appleyard got on Globe he was living above our local skate shop.  He'd sell stuff from his packages to kids.  He tried to sell my friend a pair of Globes.  My friend told him he didn't like Globes, then got a little comfortable and told Appleyard that he didn't like his most recent Globe ad either.  It was the heelflip body varial bump to bar ad.  The way my buddy tells it, Appleyard got embarrrassed and agreed that the trick was kind of whack.

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 12:13:50 PM »
I told Johnny Muchahco to suck one. He didn't appreciate that on bit!

N.L.

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »
Most of you will think I'm, lying but I was sitting behind Brian Anderson  at the Paradox Cafe on SE Belmont in Portland when I overheard him discussing leaving Savier for Nike with his 'friend.' I was going to turn around and shout 'Don't Do It!' but I was too frightened. Instead, I paused from chomping down my tofu scramble and whispered to my wife, 'That's BA behind us.' She didn't give a shit.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:40:31 PM by N.L. »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 12:42:21 PM »
i saw a dad go up to ben raybourn and ask him "hey jaws, will you sign this?" and handed him a blank board. he wasnt shit talking, but ben didnt think it was as funny as i did.

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 12:52:17 PM »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 01:12:20 PM »
Most of you will think I'm, lying but I was sitting behind Brian Anderson  at the Paradox Cafe on SE Belmont in Portland when I overheard him discussing leaving Savier for Nike with his 'friend.' I was going to turn around and shout 'Don't Do It!' but I was too frightened. Instead, I paused from chomping down my tofu scramble and whispered to my wife, 'That's BA behind us.' She didn't give a shit.

u made lemonade go up my nose

Harry in Your Pocket

• Rep: -20
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »
Whey you're as shitty at skating as I am, you don't talk shit about nobody

Like they'd give a fuck what some white 43 year old lookin' like a baked cheesecake poser thinks.

cool spot

• Rep: 28
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 01:54:03 PM »
in like 2006, we had heard rumors of Guy Mariano skating some spots in Sacramento.

Lo and behold, we run into a big group of pros on campus, fan out and shoot the shit some.

One friend asks if they had heard what Guy did/where, and then one of their crew just says "he's over there, go ask him yourself."

Said friend runs over, super hyped, and all he can say to Guy is "Oh shit dude, why'd you only have one trick in Yeah Right?

Not sure if that really counts, but looking back on how much I've learned about Guy's problems since then, it is pretty funny/shitty.

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »
hi scotty

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 02:29:49 PM »
Plenty.  The best though came from my homie and not me.  The girl team came to Missoula Montana a few years back and Alex Olson was with them.  Now my buddy was/is a beast on the board but comes from a super small town and for some reason or another he never got into mags or vids, he was just in his own world.  Anyway the girl guys went to an indoor park after their demo (which was outside) and Alex Olson was far too cool to skate and just tried to hide behind the skate counter.  My homie broke his board so he went up and asked Alex to get him some grip and do his board proper!!! That little man looked like his world collapsed, he could not believe that my friend had no idea nor gave a flying shit who he was !  Emo hipster ego crushed!!!! It was fucking beautiful!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:32:43 PM by mtvic »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 02:42:31 PM »
Plenty.  The best though came from my homie and not me.  The girl team came to Missoula Montana a few years back and Alex Olson was with them.  Now my buddy was/is a beast on the board but comes from a super small town and for some reason or another he never got into mags or vids, he was just in his own world.  Anyway the girl guys went to an indoor park after their demo (which was outside) and Alex Olson was far too cool to skate and just tried to hide behind the skate counter.  My homie broke his board so he went up and asked Alex to get him some grip and do his board proper!!! That little man looked like his world collapsed, he could not believe that my friend had no idea nor gave a flying shit who he was !  Emo hipster ego crushed!!!! It was fucking beautiful!

your buddy has other people grip his boards?

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 02:56:42 PM »
Talk shit in person? Seriously? You must have us confused with some other group of people that would do something like that. I mean really. The thought of it is making my palms sweat. *shudders*

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like a fairly hectic night

it was. then herman got me 2 jager bombs

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 05:43:43 PM »
No bullshit, In 2010 I told the World Industry dudes that I was a graphic designer.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah if you didn't read earlier he could give two fucks.  Honestly after skating for almost 25 years I'll let someone grip my board so long as no air bubbles arise, the boards never last too long!

MaS

• Rep: -7
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 08:48:46 PM »
I was at the nothing but the truth premiere and was a bit tipsy.  I ran into Kenny Anderson.   I told him he looked like Michael Jackson and walked away as he was like" what the fuck"A few minutes later that one dude Kenny Hughes was backing down from j Casanova.   I kid you not.   Roger was trying to start shit with him.  Weird stuff. On the way out I was faded as was my buddy and we ran into this giant.  Weiger Van Jaegermeister and he had these two chick with him.  My buddy told him jordan had the best part in the video and the rest of the video especially the skits were shit.   I have plenty of stories about talking shit.   I think it didn't matter how good they were in a board. It was just another dudes. And sometimes you talk shit to people. 

Other great men I have had a little run in with:

Lee smith for wearing orange and black SBs at my friends house and Sam saying yeah he's into that shit. I called him a pumpkin black.   Then he said "my shoes don't define me".  I was like what the fuck you so serious about this shit.

Karl Watson for trying the same trick I was trying at the Powell skatepark way back when they had overnighters.   I was trying to backc heel the pyramid and this dude out of no where starts trying it and acting like it was his idea.   I was 15.   Fuck him.

Robbie McKinley at a bar in LA. He was FUCKED UP TO THE MAX.  I was drinking sime beer  or something and he was drinking Amstel and he started arguing with me about something.   And got all crazy drunk eyes.  And got in my face then he chilled out and bought me a beer or something like that.   

I think that's it.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 09:10:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah if you didn't read earlier he could give two fucks.  Honestly after skating for almost 25 years I'll let someone grip my board so long as no air bubbles arise, the boards never last too long!
[close]
God. I don't like you or your friend

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 09:59:09 PM »
I heard a story that at some video premiere a guy scoffed at Jamie Thomas' dick when they were both pissing at the urinals.