Author Topic: talking shit in person.  (Read 6191 times)

mtvic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
Re: talking shit in person.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 01:46:40 AM »
God doesn't like you.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 02:04:59 AM »
God doesn't like you.

you let other men place their hands on your skateboard.

get the fuck outta here.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 02:26:35 AM »
How long have you skated for?  After skating for 20+ years and owning my own shop for years I prefer not to grip boards anymore, assuming of course that the person gripping it knows what they're doing.  Yeah, no shame in a little laziness, fucking hate gripping boards.

Wall of Nausea

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2015, 06:16:18 AM »
How long have you skated for?  After skating for 20+ years and owning my own shop for years I prefer not to grip boards anymore, assuming of course that the person gripping it knows what they're doing.  Yeah, no shame in a little laziness, fucking hate gripping boards.

Yes there is shame in laziness it opens a Pandora's box of shit shows like you and fosters god awful shit. I've skated just as long as you and skateboarding is not a lazy activity show some respect for yourself and the board. You're not above anyone and the ritual is apart of that respect. If you don't have that anymore because you are past that idea then you are a goof.

Also none of the posters here dare hurt a skate pro's feelings because they won't be apart of the after school cool club.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:19:43 AM by Wall of Nausea »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2015, 06:45:16 AM »
Back in 08, there was an Alien signing at the local shop here. This was right when Mikey had lost rather badly to Benny Fairfax in the first BATB. When I saw him, I said to him "damn, it must've sucked to get skunked in your battle with Benny". I said it sort of as a way to make small talk, with no intentions of it being talking shit, but he kinda viewed it as shit talk I guess, and looked bummed after I said that (looking back, it did sound like a rather negative statement towards him, but at the time it didn't cross my mind as negative, hah). He looked a bit ticked off, and responded with something along the lines of "well duh, of course it sucked. The ground is slipperier there than you think". Then afterwards I went up to Dill, who was leaning on some wall reading a Thrasher, and asked him if he was still homies with Jack Osbourne. He looked at me, with an annoyed look on his face, as if he was angry that someone still remembered about him being on The Osbornes, and replied with something along the lines of "....we still talk from time to time", then he walked off.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2015, 07:08:32 AM »
Replies so far have confirmed that this is a topic about "that one time I was a complete turd because I saw a pro."

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 07:32:09 AM »
Expand Quote
How long have you skated for?  After skating for 20+ years and owning my own shop for years I prefer not to grip boards anymore, assuming of course that the person gripping it knows what they're doing.  Yeah, no shame in a little laziness, fucking hate gripping boards.
[close]

Yes there is shame in laziness it opens a Pandora's box of shit shows like you and fosters god awful shit. I've skated just as long as you and skateboarding is not a lazy activity show some respect for yourself and the board. You're not above anyone and the ritual is apart of that respect. If you don't have that anymore because you are past that idea then you are a goof.

Also none of the posters here dare hurt a skate pro's feelings because they won't be apart of the after school cool club.

I can't fucking stand the idea of someone else gripping my board.  Seems wrong to me.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 11:10:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can't fucking stand the idea of someone else gripping my board.  Seems wrong to me.

It's cathartic in a way for me, it just feels right to put in that effort of getting my next board ready to skate.

God doesn't like you.

He hates it whenever I saw Cosmic Zombie Power!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:45:46 PM by posguy »

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 11:21:44 AM »
Alright take it five threads down, fellas.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 01:10:18 PM »
Plenty.  The best though came from my homie and not me.  The girl team came to Missoula Montana a few years back and Alex Olson was with them.  Now my buddy was/is a beast on the board but comes from a super small town and for some reason or another he never got into mags or vids, he was just in his own world.  Anyway the girl guys went to an indoor park after their demo (which was outside) and Alex Olson was far too cool to skate and just tried to hide behind the skate counter.  My homie broke his board so he went up and asked Alex to get him some grip and do his board proper!!! That little man looked like his world collapsed, he could not believe that my friend had no idea nor gave a flying shit who he was !  Emo hipster ego crushed!!!! It was fucking beautiful!
He was probably just bummed your friend was being a dick. Even if he said that to someone working at a skateshop they'd probably be bummed. "Grip my board and do it proper." fuck that

too much

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 03:00:34 PM »
What about times where you've met a pro/am/filmer/OG/etc and made friends with them, and the two of you talk shit together about someone or some topic on some slap forum shit. Where the dialogue is nearly verbatim of the message board. Makes you realize lots of them read this shit, and a lot of pros/industry heads are true skate rats.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 04:28:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Trust me for many years gripping mattered but after doing it for too many years I'll happily let someone else do it.  Good for you that you've been skating for 20+, few make it that far so kudos!  Lastly, please don't compare me to fosters(beer) as that is wrong on too many levels.  I live in North America were flooded with amazing micros and I drink nothing else.

If it was not obvious in the story , my friend didn't mean to talk shit, he honestly did not know  who the guy was.  He also tried to sell the butcher a board at macba, but that's another story.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2015, 07:45:37 PM »
banged a chick who clint peterson was trying to hook up with(not really talking shit tho).  told malando and his crew to stop smoking cigerettes in stadium seating at slamcity jam.  We were chuffing mad weed the whole time too.  Malondo was all pissy but elissa steamer made it right and told her crew to listen to us.  I spoke to her briefly and definitly didnt 'talk shit' at her tho, she was fine olive skin, waif, loved her eyes.  I walked over ed templetons camera shit and his ill mannered nit wit chick told me that ed would "killl me" if i stepped on his shit.  so deanna talked shit to me.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Wall of Nausea

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2015, 11:24:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Trust me for many years gripping mattered but after doing it for too many years I'll happily let someone else do it.  Good for you that you've been skating for 20+, few make it that far so kudos!  Lastly, please don't compare me to fosters(beer) as that is wrong on too many levels.  I live in North America were flooded with amazing micros and I drink nothing else.

If it was not obvious in the story , my friend didn't mean to talk shit, he honestly did not know  who the guy was.  He also tried to sell the butcher a board at macba, but that's another story.
Bye Felicia

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 827
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2015, 12:00:51 AM »
I told Jamie Thomas to “FUCK OFF!” and gave him the finger in his face when i was black out drunk, I told the story in another thread somewhere. 

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2015, 01:29:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Bye Felicia

What does that even mean? Yeah I'd prefer not to let someone else do my grip but Jesus the fact that you guys are judging him so hard about it just shows how lame you are.

shone237

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2015, 11:11:55 AM »
these egotistical feelings of accomplishment from gripping your own board is the most ridiculous thing i've read on slap.

all morning.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2015, 12:26:33 PM »
^ definitely doesnt grip his own board

shone237

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2015, 12:39:26 PM »
^ definitely doesnt grip his own board worries to much about what other people think

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2015, 12:43:36 PM »
^ definitely doesnt grip his own board

Clearly, I bet he rides a ripstick too

LooseChangeProductions

• Rep: -11
  • LooseChangeVol.1
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »
I Talked shit to Nick Tucker telling him he can never throw up the skate mafia sign ever again!
LooseChangeVol.1

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2015, 02:00:56 PM »
haha look what i started

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2015, 04:05:43 PM »
back when he was on organika, I awkwardly told zach lyons he was one of my fav. "weird" skaters and then made fun of his tiny feet.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2015, 04:43:29 PM »
What is this big pissing contest about gripping your own board? Fuck ME it's ridiculous.
Sometimes I like gripping my own board but other times I want someone else to do it (especially when you're paying them the £50 + £5 for grip) and they can do as good a job as you and always ask if you want something cut out of it / something simple but different done to the grip (Holla at ya Graeme from Loko, Belfast).
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2015, 09:22:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahahaha

I like your name though

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2015, 01:20:23 AM »
Clyde Singleton and I exchanged words once. Snaker. Mini Ramp. 2000.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2015, 07:35:23 AM »
that dude is really nice
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2015, 09:34:31 AM »
I told Heath to smile once and he broke my board.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2015, 02:54:58 AM »
I witnessed an entire skatepark (about 30-50 people) collectively yell 'BOOOOOOO!' in beautiful unison to a shirtless Ryan Sheckler in the heyday of his reality TV show. Ryan flipped everyone off and left almost immediately. I also had a choco-taco that day.