Author Topic: I made a skate shop sale aggregator  (Read 905 times)

hup, garforth and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Rick Trapasso

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
Re: I made a skate shop sale aggregator
« Reply #30 on: Today at 05:30:20 AM »
Great job man, ty for your service!

b00tyclappa69420

• Rep: 16
« Reply #31 on: Today at 06:14:29 AM »
This is crazy sick. Any chance you have a GitHub? I’m currently not employed as a dev but I’m always looking to deep dive on some interesting projects.

I have one but i don't really use it! I built the backend myself, and then i have a friend doing the frontend, and my girlfriend doing all the design/instagram. I will deffo be looking for a dev in the future and of course i wanna work with someone who skates, so I'll keep in touch :)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #32 on: Today at 06:17:54 AM »
Expand Quote
This is crazy sick. Any chance you have a GitHub? I’m currently not employed as a dev but I’m always looking to deep dive on some interesting projects.
[close]

I have one but i don't really use it! I built the backend myself, and then i have a friend doing the frontend, and my girlfriend doing all the design/instagram. I will deffo be looking for a dev in the future and of course i wanna work with someone who skates, so I'll keep in touch :)

your girlfriend is killing it
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 9
  • fresh
« Reply #33 on: Today at 06:28:27 AM »
this is so sick, good job, and thanks for the site!!!
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #34 on: Today at 06:28:34 AM »
Expand Quote
That’s dope! Any chance you will consider making a Canada region? If not, the US one is still pretty dope.
[close]

yep, got canada and aus in my sights next, shouldn't be too hard to add! currently i can only support shopify stores too, so im hoping to cover all stores eventually.

Is shipping US -> CA something you generally avoid for taxes etc? I'm in the EU and if you order from the UK it can get taxed extra during shipping which sucks :-[

It’s like pointandclick said, sometimes things get held up for a bit at customs and you have to pay duty charges when you pick up the package, or the shipping charges can ruin the discount, but it’s not too bad. It’s just something I avoid if I can, as I am super broke. That said, sometimes it still works out to a good discount overall, even with surcharges. Either way, awesome work!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

rikki

• Rep: 280
« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:58:47 AM »
Dude, this is awesome. Thank you for an amazing effort to you and your team. Let's keep the independent shops alive.

Edit: Just a thought: would it be possible to add a shop name identifier under the product in the browse view? Not vital, but could be helpful.

Also, if I choose e.g. Decks, the Size dropdown still gives me pant size options. Hmm?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: Today at 07:24:07 AM »
Kudos man, great job but I'm not sure if I should congratulate you or blame you for my future financial debacle.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

b00tyclappa69420

• Rep: 16
« Reply #37 on: Today at 07:45:43 AM »
Dude, this is awesome. Thank you for an amazing effort to you and your team. Let's keep the independent shops alive.

Edit: Just a thought: would it be possible to add a shop name identifier under the product in the browse view? Not vital, but could be helpful.

Also, if I choose e.g. Decks, the Size dropdown still gives me pant size options. Hmm?

A shop filter is coming soon, I'll see how adding the shop name to the product card looks too! And for decks, unfortunately deck sizes don't seem to be stored in the same field as other sizes, so for now you'll need to browse through to find your size. I'll add this to my backlog to see if there's a fix :)

rikki

• Rep: 280
« Reply #38 on: Today at 08:04:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A shop filter is coming soon, I'll see how adding the shop name to the product card looks too! And for decks, unfortunately deck sizes don't seem to be stored in the same field as other sizes, so for now you'll need to browse through to find your size. I'll add this to my backlog to see if there's a fix :)

Cool, cool! Not complaining, mind you, just a couple of thoughts. Keep it up, legend!

zapruder

• Rep: 12
« Reply #39 on: Today at 12:07:57 PM »
this is a great idea! any chance you can add a page count at the bottom where the arrows are? with the final row only have 1 item I didn't realize there was another page until I dug around more and eventually noticed the arrows

about to grab some shoes from a shop I've never heard of  :)