Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 230651 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #1830 on: January 26, 2023, 03:28:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I REALLY wish DLX would make something with a 14.75 - 15in wb and 8.3 - 8.4in wide. My long and slender body craves a long and slender board.
[close]

They have an 8.5 14.75 that drops from time to time. Most recently I think There used it on chandlers pro model. It’s a really good shape. As a fellow tall person I can confirm it’s great. Honestly want to get another one because I’ve never been able to ollie as high on shorter boards than I was able to on that one.
[close]
Not exactly 14.75 but really close. If you're looking for a longer WB on a 8.5 this one might be for you --- 8.5 x 32.6 x 14.69
 https://www.thereskateboards.com/product-page/night-garden-chandler-pro-8-5
[close]

I haven’t measured it in person myself but I believe the common consensus is that this is the same shape, just put at 69 as a joke. Not sure if anyone can confirm or disprove this?

I haven't seen one so don't know.

I REALLY wish DLX would make something with a 14.75 - 15in wb and 8.3 - 8.4in wide. My long and slender body craves a long and slender board.

This one was probably closest to what you were after, which I still have which was 8.43 x 32.57 with 14.75 wb

Real Brock Prowler

They have one that’s 14.75” too but I haven’t seen those in years. I had one Real deck in that shape and quite liked it.

The 8.5 x 32.5 with 14.75 wb is still being made, the current version is the Real Van Vark Volcanic deck, as per info below:

https://www.realskateboards.com/spring-2022/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1831 on: January 28, 2023, 08:42:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

They have an 8.5 14.75 that drops from time to time. Most recently I think There used it on chandlers pro model. It’s a really good shape. As a fellow tall person I can confirm it’s great. Honestly want to get another one because I’ve never been able to ollie as high on shorter boards than I was able to on that one.
[close]
Not exactly 14.75 but really close. If you're looking for a longer WB on a 8.5 this one might be for you --- 8.5 x 32.6 x 14.69
 https://www.thereskateboards.com/product-page/night-garden-chandler-pro-8-5
[close]

I haven’t measured it in person myself but I believe the common consensus is that this is the same shape, just put at 69 as a joke. Not sure if anyone can confirm or disprove this?

It is called the Unity shape, which makes me think it's probably a new shape and not the old 8.5" with 14.75" wb but I can't confirm as I don't have the There board despite really wanting one. I think I might still have my old Real 8.5" with 14.75" wb around. If I'll ever get the Unity shape, I can compare the two.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1832 on: January 28, 2023, 04:58:28 PM »
Just ordered the 8.3 krooked true fit from orchard. Gonna see how it works out

Bill Salt

« Reply #1833 on: January 29, 2023, 10:22:02 AM »
shapes are good but please make more 8.125's!It's always a struggle to get them.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1834 on: January 29, 2023, 11:23:08 AM »
shapes are good but please make more 8.125's!It's always a struggle to get them.
They've got 2 8.125s in the line pretty much always The first is the 8.125 with the 14.25wb and it used to be on the Black Eagle but is now on the Green Krooked Style Team graphic. The other is the 8.125 with the 14wb and that is on the Red Oval graphic. Those shapes can also be found on other graphics but for now they are reliably on those 2/3 I mentioned.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1835 on: January 29, 2023, 05:11:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They've got 2 8.125s in the line pretty much always The first is the 8.125 with the 14.25wb and it used to be on the Black Eagle but is now on the Green Krooked Style Team graphic. The other is the 8.125 with the 14wb and that is on the Red Oval graphic. Those shapes can also be found on other graphics but for now they are reliably on those 2/3 I mentioned.

I see a lot around, both as said in catalogs and in shops.

Maybe it is more a case of where someone is looking doesn't have them - check with your local, then check online, but at a glance there are plenty around, both in US and most other countries from what I can see of the main online shops.

I know people had been asking more for the shorter ones and didn't like the red Real logo before, but quite simply, if you want the shape, you can always remove / paint over the graphic if you don't like it.  Not that hard really.

From Fall 22

Krooked had two 8.12 x 32 with 14.25 wb in the last catalog, a Sebo and a Cromer board.

Real also had two 8.12 x 32 with 14.25 wb in the last catalog, an Ishod and a Chima board.

Antihero always has the black eagle 8.12 x 32 with 14.25 wb as mentioned.

Real just put up their Spring 23 Drop 1 catalog, which has two of the shorter ones in it too, a new one for Ishod and the Real logo in red:

https://www.realskateboards.com/spring-2023/

Any of those seem like a good one for you?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1836 on: January 29, 2023, 07:10:11 PM »

Also to note, some boards are listed as 8.12 and others are listed as 8.125 so be aware of that.

Example, at Skate Deluxe (as you said France on the location), two different searches, one for 8.12 and 8.125

The 8.12 came up with the longer Ishod cathedral graphic board and some Antihero and Krooked boards, as well as a Real shorter board.

Then 8.125 came up with the shorter Real red oval graphic.

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/fr/search?q=8.12

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/fr/search?q=8.125

« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 07:17:25 PM by Mbrimson88 »

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #1837 on: January 29, 2023, 10:51:54 PM »
Real is the best! They offer so many options that cover every taste. I am tempted by these new 8.06 short decks and i am happy that they keep their short 8.12 in rotation.

Ayjerry

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1838 on: January 31, 2023, 11:38:30 AM »
Looking into a new deck. I grew up on 7.75 Habitats, but had NO idea about length or WB back then. As a carpenter and a snowboarder, size/specs is everything to me. I am currently riding an 8.0" Habitat deck. It's 31.75" measuring tip to tip straight across, and 14.25" wheelbase, with a fat nose. I am riding 147 Thunders, axle to axle on this deck is 17.5".

I am 5'6" 150lb. I am thinking going to a shorter deck would be a welcome change, and DLX seems to have a few to choose from. AH green eagle 7.81x31.3 14WB. The new REAL cathedral "true fit" 8.06x31.3 13.88WB, that deck is a little too pretty for me lol, then they also have their price point deck 7.75x31.25 14WB. I imagine they will start rolling out more True Fit decks as time goes on, but for now this is what I came up with.

Would anyone recommend the price point deck? I am thinking the 7.81 AH is the best bet for me, but does anyone have any recommendations of any others? DLX or elsewhere? Thank you.

IpathCats

« Reply #1839 on: January 31, 2023, 11:42:35 AM »

This one was probably closest to what you were after, which I still have which was 8.43 x 32.57 with 14.75 wb

Real Brock Prowler

Expand Quote

They have one that’s 14.75” too but I haven’t seen those in years. I had one Real deck in that shape and quite liked it.
[close]

The 8.5 x 32.5 with 14.75 wb is still being made, the current version is the Real Van Vark Volcanic deck, as per info below:

YO! just saw this reply, i might have to give that 8.5 x 14.75 a shot if its a shape they regularly make.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1840 on: January 31, 2023, 03:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Real Brock Prowler

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

YO! just saw this reply, i might have to give that 8.5 x 14.75 a shot if its a shape they regularly make.

It used to be a staple, coming out more or less every other drop, but this has been the only one in the last post pandemic releases I have seen.

I would imagine there would be more coming out in that shape too, sooner or later.

It is worth it if you like longer boards, but don't want a longer and wider board.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1841 on: February 10, 2023, 07:58:18 PM »
Yo @Mbrimson88 how long do you estimate before we start seeing some of the true fit shapes over here?
Just looking for an educated guess and I thought u would be the best to ask

Except for spitfire i dont usually have much interest in dlx product.
But those dimensions got my attention

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1842 on: February 10, 2023, 08:18:49 PM »
Yo @Mbrimson88 how long do you estimate before we start seeing some of the true fit shapes over here?
Just looking for an educated guess and I thought u would be the best to ask

Except for spitfire i dont usually have much interest in dlx product.
But those dimensions got my attention

At a glance I would say a couple of months, but it depends if any are in a current "in transit" shipment container or still yet to be sent.

Project Distribution do DLX here and would be able to give you a very good answer on what is coming, specific sizes and all that too.

Ben or Jim or whoever else is there that answers messages or email always has a handle on things - rad dudes!

https://projectdistribution.com.au/

https://projectdistribution.com.au/contact/

https://www.instagram.com/projectdist/

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1843 on: February 10, 2023, 11:09:15 PM »
a couple months is fine with me and appreciate the contact info

Thank you as always

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 273
  • often correct
« Reply #1844 on: February 13, 2023, 11:24:48 AM »
does anyone know if they changed the krooked manderson shape? it says 14.25 wheelbase online but the one i have says 14 wheelbase

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1845 on: February 13, 2023, 03:48:24 PM »
does anyone know if they changed the krooked manderson shape? it says 14.25 wheelbase online but the one i have says 14 wheelbase

Says 14 or is 14?

People who have had it from when it first came out said it was 14.25 wb, so maybe don't go with the sticker and measure the board and see.

Overall it is 8.38 (Full shape) x 32 with 14.25 wb, from all accounts, but I still haven't seen one in person, only seen very hi res pics and read specs, etc.

If it is the usual DLX sticker, round size sticker in silver foil, it might be the wrong sticker someone put on the board, or someone could have swapped it out at some point too.  Seen both of those situations, so although not common, it can easily happen.

* Not trying to be a dick, but I am curious now.  Which graphic is the one you got?  I think the yellow one was the most recent, from a couple of pages back on here.

Boog

• Rep: 194
« Reply #1846 on: February 13, 2023, 04:31:07 PM »
I'm really liking the 8.5×32.18×14.38 shape I've been skating. It just feels right.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 273
  • often correct
« Reply #1847 on: February 13, 2023, 07:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Says 14 or is 14?

People who have had it from when it first came out said it was 14.25 wb, so maybe don't go with the sticker and measure the board and see.

Overall it is 8.38 (Full shape) x 32 with 14.25 wb, from all accounts, but I still haven't seen one in person, only seen very hi res pics and read specs, etc.

If it is the usual DLX sticker, round size sticker in silver foil, it might be the wrong sticker someone put on the board, or someone could have swapped it out at some point too.  Seen both of those situations, so although not common, it can easily happen.

* Not trying to be a dick, but I am curious now.  Which graphic is the one you got?  I think the yellow one was the most recent, from a couple of pages back on here.
says 14 and is 14, i measured. there’s no way i could skate a wheelbase under 14.25. pretty bummed i still can’t try this shape yet. it’s this one, note the sticker: https://laborskateshop.com/products/krooked-mike-anderson-eyeballs-skateboard-deck?_pos=5&_fid=a20a81d8a&_ss=c

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1848 on: February 13, 2023, 08:07:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Says 14 or is 14?

[close]
says 14 and is 14, i measured. there’s no way i could skate a wheelbase under 14.25. pretty bummed i still can’t try this shape yet. it’s this one, note the sticker: https://laborskateshop.com/products/krooked-mike-anderson-eyeballs-skateboard-deck?_pos=5&_fid=a20a81d8a&_ss=c

Yeah, I got a close up of the sticker and that is a totally different board, at 8.38 x 31.75 with 14" wb, which is the new Tru Fit Mold size.

That one is different to the usual Manderson shape, which was as shown here on the normal listing 8.38 x 32 with 14.25 wb but is clearly the same graphic on a different deck:

https://krookedskateboarding.com/spring-2023

That board shape and size is the one people had shown before, but comes up better here:

https://www.realskateboards.com/spring-2023/

I had noticed some shops had put up the short board listing for the normal 8.38 x 32.25 with 14.5 wb (which is what I skate) but if they are mix and matching the different shapes with the standard graphics, then things could get weird, just like you.  Expecting to order one thing and getting another.

That is not fun.

* Had you bought it, or were you just looking at it?  If you bought it, I would be returning it ASAP as it is different to what is listed and also asking the shop to talk to DLX about their board sizes / shapes with specific graphics, maybe more so if that is going to be the new Manderson shape going forward.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 08:16:55 PM by Mbrimson88 »

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1849 on: February 13, 2023, 08:30:54 PM »
I am 6'0 size 10.5 shoe but just got a krooked eyes 8.38 Tru fit and I'm vibing with it like crazy. I was looking at a limo but in comparison the krooked had a much steeper kick and slightly pointy nose and tail rather than the squared off style that is popular right now. I might only skate this from now on, didn't realize it was that compact but it is very easy to flip and I learned multiple tricks on it first session even though I hadn't skated in weeks.
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1850 on: February 14, 2023, 02:00:34 PM »
For those who have already tried the 8.06 X 31.5 with 14 WB, is it really a good compromise between 8 and 8.125 and is it also a good board for a small skater like me ? 5,7 and 8 foot size, and i skate Venture 5.2 High V light.

Just to know if all these options add up for my next deck..  :D

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1851 on: February 14, 2023, 08:35:59 PM »
For those who have already tried the 8.06 X 31.5 with 14 WB, is it really a good compromise between 8 and 8.125 and is it also a good board for a small skater like me ? 5,7 and 8 foot size, and i skate Venture 5.2 High V light.

Just to know if all these options add up for my next deck..  :D
skated this shape on 147 cast thunders, felt good but too small in the long run for me.
im 5'8 size 7 foot. now i bumped up to 148s on the 8.28 14.125 and im way happier.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1852 on: February 15, 2023, 01:23:50 PM »
I am 6'0 size 10.5 shoe but just got a krooked eyes 8.38 Tru fit and I'm vibing with it like crazy. I was looking at a limo but in comparison the krooked had a much steeper kick and slightly pointy nose and tail rather than the squared off style that is popular right now. I might only skate this from now on, didn't realize it was that compact but it is very easy to flip and I learned multiple tricks on it first session even though I hadn't skated in weeks.

I have the same 8.3 true fit and I’m loving it so much I went and got another 8.3 true fit at vu

nopopnostyle

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1853 on: February 16, 2023, 01:26:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have the same 8.3 true fit and I’m loving it so much I went and got another 8.3 true fit at vu

I got the 8.25 Tru Fit about three weeks ago and I also really like it a lot. At first the kicks looked a little too steep for my taste. I got a IV and the tail is as steep as a I on the normal DLX 8.25. But to my delight it doesn't feel that steep when you ride it.
In the first sessions I too got a few moves back I hadn't done in a while and it just feels right.

Might just be the shape to cure my madness and become my everyday setup. Already ordered two more. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 02:59:31 AM by nopopnostyle »

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #1854 on: February 20, 2023, 05:56:54 PM »
Any of you familiar with the Cardiel Hecka tight 'construction?' How is it different from the standard Dlx 8.62"? Just a slightly shorter WB? Curious about tail and nose length...

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1855 on: February 21, 2023, 01:24:18 AM »
Any of you familiar with the Cardiel Hecka tight 'construction?' How is it different from the standard Dlx 8.62"? Just a slightly shorter WB? Curious about tail and nose length...

Yeah, I don't have one, but I had seen one and compared it to my usual 8.5 x 32.3 with 14.5 wb and it was almost the same, just a bit wider.

Overall it actually seems like a really good mid size shape, nowhere near as big as the usual 8.62 x 32.6 with 14.75 wb, which is fun if you want or like a big long board, but it has been a bit big for a few people I know.

They are a bit hard to find a good image, but the Cardiel Burro or Cardiel For Lovers series are that board shape and although out of stock most places, some shops have some good pics, like this one:

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1856 on: February 21, 2023, 01:33:13 AM »

I am not sure if the one called Infectious Waste is the Cardiel shape or the usual shape, as a couple of places have them listed differently.

The last of the Cardiel hella tight construction board shape seems to be from Summer 2022, although there could have been one or more I missed since then.

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/summer-2022/

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/summer22/ah-2022-summer-catalog-06.jpg

https://p1-e6eeae93.imageflux.jp/c!/f=webp:auto,a=2,w=920,h=920,b=ffffff00/heshdawgz/a851122911e517b4b8f5.jpg

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1857 on: February 21, 2023, 08:11:02 AM »
There's been a couple of Cardeil Hecka construction decks out since the above one. There are two out right now. One with the same John Herndon graphic as the Huffer. I am most concerned about the tail length. I can't do anything under 8.5" I am hoping its closer to 8.75"

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1858 on: February 28, 2023, 02:18:45 PM »

Looks like the new 8.8 BA shape has a 15"wb not the listed 15.05. I mean we kinda knew these numbers were changed to make the shapes easier to track but I can't recall any direct confirmation of that notion before this one.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1859 on: February 28, 2023, 02:51:11 PM »
BA shape been in the stores a little while now.