Author Topic: "Daily Reflections" with Doug Brown  (Read 47576 times)

Beeda Weeda

Re: "Daily Reflections" with Doug Brown
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2015, 06:20:09 AM »
no words are left to desribe DOug.

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2015, 08:49:06 AM »
TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2015

"The photographers shifted over, taking notice of my eclectic style. My goal was to blend in and in fact the opposite occurred. I've always looked at my skateboard as a paintbrush and being original and creative were the driving forces in my skating. Well, this day it paid to not blend in. After a few runs and some glares from the pros on the ramp I was trying silently to exit. A few kids came up and asked for my autograph to which I replied I was nobody but thanks for asking. After my interaction with the potential fans I was approached by a sponsor that had a booth front and center in front of the ramp. In fact, they were the ramp sponsor for the Gravity Games. I assured them I was just skating for fun and meant no harm. To my surprise they were interested in having me be a demonstration skater for their company. They wanted me to spend the rest of week (sic) promoting their company and skating their ramps. How could I say no? They were offering to pay me and feed me. A week of skating? Sign me up!" p.20 - Looking Glass Self - Hope, Optimism and the Journey Within; Doug Brown

straight

« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2015, 09:03:25 AM »
no words are left to desribe DOug.

He truly is a gift from Mother Earth

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2015, 09:03:57 AM »
WEDNESDAY, MAY 20, 2015

"Back at the hotel it's now late and a few of us part ways to separate rooms. I'm sitting in a chair amongst people I don't really know. Everyone was having one too many drinks and I was asked if I wanted to smoke up. It wasn't hard to hear Nancy Reagan's* voice in the back of my head telling me to just say no. I said no thanks and explained I had a big event the next morning. There was a shift in the eyes of some of the people. A look of, 'Oh this guy doesn't party he's not in the club.' I left. The vibe was bad after the short discussion and the looks. This wasn't the first time things like this have happened in my life. I went back to my hotel room alone. I had achieved so much in my life until this point. I didn't want to throw it all away from doing something I would regret. My responsible choice I would reflect on during the next day's event. I was well rested, no hangover, no regrets." p.97-98 - Looking Glass Self - Hope, Optimism and the Journey Within; Doug Brown

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2015, 11:10:52 AM »
Do you guys think that Doug has ever had premarital sex?
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »
Do you guys think that Doug has ever had premarital sex?

abudabi

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2015, 08:12:36 PM »
kinda wish i was doug b.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2015, 08:20:14 PM »
theres no way doug doesn't do the most hardcore drugs on the daily basis

summertimebluesdaddy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2015, 10:04:34 PM »
i wonder which a list pro was peer pressuring doug into smoking up
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2015, 08:34:31 AM »
i wonder which a list pro was peer pressuring doug into smoking up

Probably Doug "Pineapple" Saladino

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2015, 08:38:55 AM »
THURSDAY, MAY 21, 2015

"I highly recommend a three ring notebook and a pencil to those wanting to express themselves for other inspiration or simply for a time capsule for your own. I didn't feel like I had a choice. I was going through so much in my life that it leaked out onto the paper. I wanted to remember my own time line. I wrote through the years on scrap paper and my handy binder. I would have five hour layovers at airports and my pen began a relationship with the paper." p.14 - Looking Glass Self - Hope, Optimism and the Journey Within; Doug Brown

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2015, 09:46:13 PM »
THURSDAY, MAY 21, 2015

"I would have five hour layovers at airports and my pen began a relationship with the paper." p.14 - Looking Glass Self - Hope, Optimism and the Journey Within; Doug Brown

Leave it to Doug Brown to craft such a beautiful euphemism for masturbation while pioneering the ingenious idea of converting his Trapper Keeper into a fifi.  I can only imagine the reaction of fellow travellers passing by as he sat in the dark recesses of Cleveland International Airport blissfully unwinding as he sat through a five hour layover for his two hour flight to Harrisburg.

I reckon that this finally puts to rest all the speculation that he is asexual.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2015, 11:40:04 PM »
Just read through this whole thread, thanks Gay.
Doug B is heavy

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2015, 07:33:30 AM »
WEDNESDAY, MAY 20, 2015

"Back at the hotel it's now late and a few of us part ways to separate rooms. I'm sitting in a chair amongst people I don't really know. Everyone was having one too many drinks and I was asked if I wanted to smoke up. It wasn't hard to hear Nancy Reagan's* voice in the back of my head telling me to just say no. I said no thanks and explained I had a big event the next morning. There was a shift in the eyes of some of the people. A look of, 'Oh this guy doesn't party he's not in the club.' I left. The vibe was bad after the short discussion and the looks. This wasn't the first time things like this have happened in my life. I went back to my hotel room alone. I had achieved so much in my life until this point. I didn't want to throw it all away from doing something I would regret. My responsible choice I would reflect on during the next day's event. I was well rested, no hangover, no regrets." p.97-98 - Looking Glass Self - Hope, Optimism and the Journey Within; Doug Brown

Fucking hell! You are making me want to buy this book...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

UL8

• Rep: 29
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2015, 07:51:19 AM »
Day's getting off to kind of a tough start so I had to head to "Daily Reflections" with DB to center myself before shit gets going.

So glad this thread is a resource in my life.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2015, 09:29:10 AM »
FRIDAY, MAY 22, 2015

"A hospital houses many of our finest heroes. The powerful makeup of doctors, nurses, technology, and wonder. Their significance in the realm of importance is second to none. The ability to save lives and to change lives. A doctor may be a physician, psychologist, biomedical scientist, dentist, or a vast number of things.* These individuals impact us throughout our lives. Inside hospitals we also have the patient.* I may not have gone to medical school like my father and brother, but I've find (sic) myself visiting hospitals quite frequently." p.66-67 - Looking Glass Self - Hope, Optimism and the Journey Within; Doug Brown

* How can we help u?

*:(

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »
Until today, I thought doctors were hot air balloon mechanics.
Thank you d

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2015, 08:39:32 PM »
Glad to know Doug looks up to us healthcare workers.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2015, 06:20:59 PM »
I went to the mirror trying to see my looking glass self, then realized I don't know WTF that means. Doug must be on some serious medication

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2015, 12:09:05 AM »
I may not have gone to medical school like my father and brother, but I've find (sic) myself visiting hospitals quite frequently.

Could this be a sprinkle of self doubt in the impeccable facade of optimism that Dougie here is trying to portray? Is he the outcast of the family?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2015, 10:04:15 AM »
MONDAY, MAY 25, 2015

Hey everybody. I don't have my book at home with me but I can assure you that Doug is wishing everybody a fabulous, memorable Memorial Day. Break out your best white slacks and penny loafers and have a ball. - GAY

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »
I wish I could be as cool as Doug. We should do a pals questions with him so we can all let him know how much he's changed our lives for the better.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

UL8

• Rep: 29
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2015, 05:03:32 PM »
DB is a Jesus like character who cares about every single human being on this planet. If you encounter him, he will do something to change your life for the better.

shark tits

« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2015, 05:15:23 PM »
DB could be one of dick dietrick's illegitimate kids. DD is a lot more relatable but there's definitely a resemblance.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2015, 12:02:08 AM »
I went to the mirror trying to see my looking glass self, then realized I don't know WTF that means. Doug must be on some serious medication

no one wants to hear your exceedingly lame jokes in this beautiful thread about self-appreciation (and Doug appreciation) and exploration of emotions

plz go play rollerhockey n leave us alone n maybe get hit by a bus
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2015, 01:05:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no one wants to hear your exceedingly lame jokes in this beautiful thread about self-appreciation (and Doug appreciation) and exploration of emotions

Yeah Tracer, this is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell out of here.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2015, 10:43:34 AM »
TUESDAY, MAY 26, 2015

"I'm joyful of the little things. I really do live a simple life. When I'm home I get groceries, go to the library, the post office. I've been on the merry-go-round adventure ride. I still get on that ride when I'm off doing skate events and speaking engagements, but my center is here. It's very freeing having the feeling of not having anything to prove to anyone. I'm fine with being in a position to be respected, disliked or to be misunderstood. No matter what role you play, we all deal with the same facets of life." p.108 - Looking Glass Self - Hope, Optimism and the Journey Within; Doug Brown

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2015, 10:58:54 AM »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2015, 12:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Whats worse playing hockey, or a grown ass man fake worshipping a garbage pro skater? You decide

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2015, 07:12:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Whats worse playing hockey, or a grown ass man fake worshipping a garbage pro skater? You decide

definitely roller hockey