Author Topic: Looking for a mellow square shape  (Read 925 times)

Dengles

Looking for a mellow square shape
« on: May 01, 2015, 11:20:03 PM »
I've been riding a few of the 8.5x32.25 chocolate shape for a while now.  Mainly Elijah decks because I'm a big fan of his skating.  I am absolutely

in love with the shape, it feels so comfortable and natural for my skating.  When I look down at the deck it's what I imagine a skateboard to look

like in my head, it's hard to explain but like that's how I think of it.  The main problem with this board though is that as we all know Crailwood

SUCKS GIANT DONKEY BALLS and  skating the streets of Baltimore and DC quickly turns it mush.  Normally I can get 4-6 good weeks out of a

deck.  I skate everyday, hard, but I can only get about two weeks out of the Chocolate deck before it starts to feel terrible.  I was wondering do

any companies make an identical shape with better wood?  I'm thinking about trying out a Hockey board when I get home from studying abroad

because they look like they have a nice shape that isn't too different from the Chocolate shape that I love, am I mistaken in thinking this? 

I'm currently skating a board  local to where I'm studying called Herstwood, the wood is good, but the shape is about the exact opposite of what I

like.  It has steep, pointed concave and a really long wheel base which I hate, so that's kind of made me realize how much I love the Chocolate

8.5 shape. 

Stanley Spadowski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
Re: Looking for a mellow square shape
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 07:34:44 PM »
I don't know what the Elijah shape looks like, but the shape of this deck looks great.
Might be worth taking a look at?
http://www.callmom.biz/products/jake-johnson-catharine-two
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Dengles

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 07:51:52 PM »
I don't know what the Elijah shape looks like, but the shape of this deck looks great.
Might be worth taking a look at?
http://www.callmom.biz/products/jake-johnson-catharine-two
That shape looks pretty damn close to what I'm talking about so that would probably be worth picking up, hopefully my shop will have it in when I get back.  From what I've been hearing the mother collective boards are selling out super fast. 

144p

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 08:29:57 PM »
That board has a 15 inch wheelbase and is 33 inches long.
Try finding an fa/hockey 8.5, 32 in long 14.25 wheelbase and a very square nose.

Dengles

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 08:40:29 PM »
That board has a 15 inch wheelbase and is 33 inches long.
Try finding an fa/hockey 8.5, 32 in long 14.25 wheelbase and a very square nose.
I saw the 33 inches bit so I'd have to check it out in person but I probably wouldn't like that.  The Hockey/FA boards look like they have a great shape and are stubby which I like.