Author Topic: DLXSF Spring '15 Catalog  (Read 11568 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: DLXSF Spring '15 Catalog
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 11:08:03 PM »
I at least like Black Label graphics because Lucero drew them.......no real reason to like these......pretty much the same....

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 03:01:44 AM »
Destination Unknown hard copies??  fuck.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 01:45:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
8.43 x 32.56 shape is the only board I've been happy skating since it came out a few years ago due to the length.  Sometimes they can be tough to find.  A bunch of boards in this catalog (and the past few) are marked 8.38 x 32.56 (A couple Gonz ones!) which would be totally fine...but then they are always about 32.25 length when I end up measuring them at the shop and the little size stickers on there usually reflect the smaller length...What's up with that?  More options in the 8.38-8.5 range with longer wheelbase/length would be much appreciated.  Graphic wise Anti Hero and Krooked are killing it as per usual. 
[close]

A 8.43x32.56 DLX board is a rare treat. I think they're pretty much the perfect size/ shape, but they really must not sell well. I don't get why they won't just make a 8.5x32.5 though. All I've been seeing their 8.5s paired with are 32.18s. A lot of companies seem to be ditching longer board lengths.
[close]

Anti Hero usually has at least one 8.43 board every drop... i go between that shape and the 8.62 (same length/wheelbase).  Once you get hooked on the longer board lengths it's impossible to go back.  I agree though.. 8.5x32.5 would be perfect. 
[close]
I always found it odd that the 8.38 was longer than the 8.5. Most of the time, wider=longer. I want to try out that 8.62 shape, but I haven't found any in person yet.

Also, I kind of prefer the logo-based reals. I like a more simple board graphic for the most part. All those listed under "bad" I liked more than most of the "good" ones.

[close]
I feel like there is some geometry to it that we aren't aware of.
On paper it sounds good but somehow it doesn't balance.
I've spent some time talking with people that do it for a living and they can be quirky guys.
Perhaps.
Slave's 8.5x32.25 are what I usually go with. When Deathwish made 8.5.32.5s I was the happiest man alive. I think they made a 8.5x32.75 once, and that was probably my favorite board ever.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 09:05:33 PM »
PS stix used to make a board for Roger that was 8.5 X 33 with a 15 inch wheelbase.  A sheet of grip wouldn't even quite fit across it.  I had more than ten of them and later found a grant taylor Alien board that was the same shape.  It was kind of like a missile with a long flat tail and short stubby nose.  I think that PS people assume that people only skate transition on boards that long.  Really I'm just around 6'5 and mostly skate little wallrides and slappy curbs.  If the DLX 8.43 X 32.56 board was a quarter inch longer it would be just about ideal...great nose and tail shape plus concave. 

wheee!

yapple dapple

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 10:52:36 AM »
Does anyone know if the new everslicks are like the World ones with a gloss finish or like Santa Cruz which had a mate finish?

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2015, 10:58:51 AM »
Does anyone know if the new everslicks are like the World ones with a gloss finish or like Santa Cruz which had a mate finish?

All the slicks in the line right now would fall into the 'Glossy' category. We are working on a more textured version that looks more like the slicks from the 90's, and could be described as 'Matt', but they are not in production quite yet.

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 11:29:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

All the slicks in the line right now would fall into the 'Glossy' category. We are working on a more textured version that looks more like the slicks from the 90's, and could be described as 'Matt', but they are not in production quite yet.
[close]
Thanx Lenny. Do you have any in stock at 1831? I have tomorrow off and need a new board.

I'm not sure where their inventory is at right now, you can call them at 415-626-5588 to check.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 11:34:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Lenny, do you know which AH boards come with copies of Destination Unknown? Next board i get is probably going to be based on this, and because I have to order online I cant really tell. Is it all of the non-pricepoints? Thanks.
[close]

All the new pro models should have a dvd inside.

Yes! even more reason to buy the new Raney board!

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2015, 09:02:24 PM »
Lenny, are they ever planing on making slicks in bigger widths and lengths?
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

BMCsteve

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2015, 06:09:09 AM »
PS stix used to make a board for Roger that was 8.5 X 33 with a 15 inch wheelbase.  A sheet of grip wouldn't even quite fit across it.  I had more than ten of them and later found a grant taylor Alien board that was the same shape.  It was kind of like a missile with a long flat tail and short stubby nose.  I think that PS people assume that people only skate transition on boards that long.  Really I'm just around 6'5 and mostly skate little wallrides and slappy curbs.  If the DLX 8.43 X 32.56 board was a quarter inch longer it would be just about ideal...great nose and tail shape plus concave.  

I just ordered a board from that new company sovrn because of the dimensions.  Check out their 8.5 - http://www.sovrn.la/store/void

Width - 8 1/2 "
Wheelbase - 15 "
Tail - 6 3/4 "
Nose - 7 1/8 "

All pressed by PS Stix.  I spoke with Greg the guy who started the company and he mentioned how you keep seeing boards get wider but not longer so all of his shapes have a long wheel base, tail and nose.  I picked up the 8.38 and it has a 14.75wb

I've skated Real 8.43's more than any board (probably had 7 or 8 of them by now) and just wanted to try something new plus my FA pressed by PS has been holding up great

Ant

• Rep: 40
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 06:22:46 AM »
They look nice, I like the shape of the really wide one but too wide for me.

BMCsteve

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2015, 06:34:39 AM »
They look nice, I like the shape of the really wide one but too wide for me.

Agreed.  I'm a DLX fan for life and I'll always buy a couple DLX boards every year but it's nice to see that someone else finally caught on that short wheel bases don't work for everyone especially dudes like me who are 6'+ with long legs

Ant

• Rep: 40
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2015, 06:47:33 AM »
I've got an 8.6x33 Tired here with a 14.75 wheelbase PS Stix pressed.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2015, 07:52:30 AM »
Lenny, are they ever planing on making slicks in bigger widths and lengths?
I would love a shaped 8.6/8.8 slick bottom.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2015, 02:43:36 PM »
I've mentioned this in past threads, but I actually prefer wide boards that are on the shorter side. 8.5 that's anywhere from 31.5 to 32. They just feel better to me tricks seem to work better for me too. I'm not a short dude either, but I'm not tall either, average height I guess.
Looks like my preferences are definitely in the minority here, hah.

N.L.

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2015, 09:18:50 AM »
I've mentioned this in past threads, but I actually prefer wide boards that are on the shorter side. 8.5 that's anywhere from 31.5 to 32. They just feel better to me tricks seem to work better for me too. I'm not a short dude either, but I'm not tall either, average height I guess.

You might like Raney's shaped model. 8.6 with a 14.25 WB.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2015, 01:54:21 AM »

I'm with you on this one, I thought I might be the only one. I would definitely prefer a 8.5 X 32 shape over something with a 32.25 or 32.5 length. I about 6 foot tall and lanky as fuck and I just feel like it's not natural to me to slide my foot that far out for a kickflip or something. I like 8.5 boards, and REAL boards are amazing, but the last REAL 8.5 I had just felt like it was wayyy to big for me and I skate other 8.5's just fine that feel perfect. Again DLXSF makes amazing boards, but I would watch out for a shorter wheelbase/length or just get an 8.25 X 32 instead of my normal 8.5 and bite the bullet on getting used to an 8.25 again.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2015, 04:14:19 AM »
^^^
Hah, glad someone else has similar tastes as me.
My usual go to is the baker 8.475 shape. It's about 31.875 inches long. It feels great. Girl/chocolate also makes an 8.5 that's about 31.8 inches long that feels pretty good.

Yu Dum

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2015, 11:13:04 PM »
Soooo, is Real filming for a new video...? Or....?

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2015, 01:30:15 AM »
^^^
Hah, glad someone else has similar tastes as me.
My usual go to is the baker 8.475 shape. It's about 31.875 inches long. It feels great. Girl/chocolate also makes an 8.5 that's about 31.8 inches long that feels pretty good.
Oh yeah! I think we're the minority on this one... I've skated the Baker 8.475 shape as well, definitely a solid shape, but Baker's tend to have that slight taper on the nose and tail making them a little pointier. I wish board shapes weren't so damn important! I'm into wider a nose and tail, but definitely not the girl/choco super rounded shape (which i've also skated). Deathwish on the otherhand makes that 8.475 shape too with a less-tapered nose and tail which is pretty damn good. My favorite 8.5 shape is probably on the Toy Machine Joy Division rip-off deck. I think it's a little longer than 32" (Edit: just checked the Toy board is 32.125") , but the nose-tail are what I like, so I'll have to take the extra 1/8" or so on the length since I like the broad shape. I also prefer flatter boards and Toys are some of the flatter boards I've found.

I used to be so picky with riding the same width and shape, but over the last 2 years I've had some serious commitment issues. Just picked up a Slave 8.5 from their new batches and it measured to 32" long, havn't checked their actual catalog yet though.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2015, 08:57:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
8.43 x 32.56 shape is the only board I've been happy skating since it came out a few years ago due to the length.  Sometimes they can be tough to find.  A bunch of boards in this catalog (and the past few) are marked 8.38 x 32.56 (A couple Gonz ones!) which would be totally fine...but then they are always about 32.25 length when I end up measuring them at the shop and the little size stickers on there usually reflect the smaller length...What's up with that?  More options in the 8.38-8.5 range with longer wheelbase/length would be much appreciated.  Graphic wise Anti Hero and Krooked are killing it as per usual. 
[close]

A 8.43x32.56 DLX board is a rare treat. I think they're pretty much the perfect size/ shape, but they really must not sell well. I don't get why they won't just make a 8.5x32.5 though. All I've been seeing their 8.5s paired with are 32.18s. A lot of companies seem to be ditching longer board lengths.
[close]

Anti Hero usually has at least one 8.43 board every drop... i go between that shape and the 8.62 (same length/wheelbase).  Once you get hooked on the longer board lengths it's impossible to go back.  I agree though.. 8.5x32.5 would be perfect. 
[close]
I always found it odd that the 8.38 was longer than the 8.5. Most of the time, wider=longer. I want to try out that 8.62 shape, but I haven't found any in person yet.

Also, I kind of prefer the logo-based reals. I like a more simple board graphic for the most part. All those listed under "bad" I liked more than most of the "good" ones.

[close]
I feel like there is some geometry to it that we aren't aware of.
On paper it sounds good but somehow it doesn't balance.
I've spent some time talking with people that do it for a living and they can be quirky guys.
[close]
Perhaps.
Slave's 8.5x32.25 are what I usually go with. When Deathwish made 8.5.32.5s I was the happiest man alive. I think they made a 8.5x32.75 once, and that was probably my favorite board ever.

kinda veering away from DLX discussion.. but i noticed today that The Killing Floor makes 8.5 x 32.5 boards.  has anybody ever skated one of these?  wood companies?  I think I read here that The Norther Co. makes the same dimensions as well.  I am eager to try one but I generally don't like ordering decks online unless I've stepped on one in person.

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2015, 03:55:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm with you on this one, I thought I might be the only one. I would definitely prefer a 8.5 X 32 shape over something with a 32.25 or 32.5 length. I about 6 foot tall and lanky as fuck and I just feel like it's not natural to me to slide my foot that far out for a kickflip or something. I like 8.5 boards, and REAL boards are amazing, but the last REAL 8.5 I had just felt like it was wayyy to big for me and I skate other 8.5's just fine that feel perfect. Again DLXSF makes amazing boards, but I would watch out for a shorter wheelbase/length or just get an 8.25 X 32 instead of my normal 8.5 and bite the bullet on getting used to an 8.25 again.

Hey Ian, We are going to get one of those Shorter 8.5’s in the works. Look for one in the line around our second drop this summer!

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2015, 09:24:41 AM »
Has anyone tried the XL Eagle Navy Anti Hero deck?  The published dimensions for it are 8.5x31.85.

I'm looking for a steep/deep 8.5 that isn't over 32.125 or so.

N.L.

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
Yes. I have had a nice time on that deck. They are indeed short. Pretty sure its less than 32" long and the WB is 14.25".

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2015, 02:23:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hey Ian, We are going to get one of those Shorter 8.5�s in the works. Look for one in the line around our second drop this summer!
Great! I'll definitely be trying that one out. Thanks for the input!

GarbageMan

• Rep: -6
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2015, 09:56:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hey Ian, We are going to get one of those Shorter 8.5�s in the works. Look for one in the line around our second drop this summer!

Short and stout is where it's at! Some of my favorite shapes have been 8.3/8.5 x 31.75. Rare finds.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2015, 08:49:25 PM »
Yes. I have had a nice time on that deck. They are indeed short. Pretty sure its less than 32" long and the WB is 14.25".

I had an 8.375 logo deck, short and fat with the 14.25 WB.

N.L.

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2015, 02:27:28 PM »
These are pretty special.