Author Topic: Leather Skate Shoes  (Read 3569 times)

vichka fonarev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Leather Skate Shoes
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:13:57 AM »
I feel that more and more companies are creating leather options for shoes. Has anyone skate and all leather shoe? How is it? Is it more durable than suede?  How is the grip? Etc...  Any input would be appreciated

BMCsteve

Re: Leather Skate Shoes
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:17:36 AM »
Same durability as suede.  It's a little slippery for the first hour until it gets nice and scuffed up

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 08:18:40 AM »
I've had a few pairs of leather shoes before and it comes down to how soft the leather is out of the box. If you get a shoe that feels like a boot(in terms of flexibility) out of the gate, it's going to take a lot longer to break in.

artsy

• Rep: 14
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 08:35:41 AM »
I had a pair of leather chucks and they kicked ass. Lasted a really long time. I do prefer a suede cupsole though but if you're into skating chucks I'd spend the extra money on leather.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 09:25:43 AM »
In the old days that's all we skated; there is nothing like a worn in pair of leather shoes/boots or sneakers.

I picked up two pairs of Cons Kenny Anderson 3s (KA3) to skate it and haven't as they are too comfy (and I was told by someone in the know that they are not making the leather model anymore and focusing on suede =(

Depending on the thickness of the leather, you might actually rip through them faster than suede.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:07:08 AM »
I will always trust leather over suede.

I've had a pair of leather authentics, lakais, and Emerica Shifters and they've all been some of my favorite shoes. Especially the Emericas.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 11:41:58 AM »

Depending on the thickness of the leather, you might actually rip through them faster than suede.

I've skated a good amount of leather shoes and have never had this happen. 

I've never really noticed too much of a difference between leather and suede in terms of feel.  Leather shoes can be a little stiff at first, but that goes away fairly quickly.  Sometimes the leather looks like it's wearing out a little quicker because discoloration or scuffing up is more noticeable than suede early on, but it's really just surface level wear and tear and the shoes will still have a lot of life left in them.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 11:02:06 AM »
I am definitely a big fan of leather skate shoes. I really enjoy the leather Huf Sutters they have released, as they skate well and I like they wear. I wish there was a constantly available leather Vans Era or Authentic though.

I don't mind suede, but I am so used to leather, as I all I wear when I am not skating is Aldo shoes or dress lace ups, all made of leather.

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 10
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 05:57:38 AM »
yeah leather shoes are amazing! I have been shredding in the Dylan's and the leather they use last so long. especially with the burnished black color way.

straight

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 06:10:44 AM »
I had justin Eldridge theory shoe in leather. Really liked that shoe and how leather molds to your feet