Author Topic: Does anybody like Mob Tape?  (Read 6849 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
Re: Does anybody like Mob Tape?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2015, 07:32:35 AM »
it's griptape.  it's black and it sticks to the top of your board.  don't overthink it.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2015, 10:42:36 AM »
not sure why griptape needs to be lighter...

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2015, 01:32:47 PM »
Riding some Jessup right now (they didn't have mob m-80), can't ell the difference between it and Mob m-80.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 43
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2015, 01:35:15 PM »
I prefer Jessup.

ZEBRA

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2015, 11:42:57 AM »
I was skating strictly mob for years until I got a sheet this past winter that completely peeled off my nose.  I gripped it the same as I ever have my whole life and it just came off during my second session.  I've had three decks all with Jessup since then and I think it's better.  It saves your shoes, doesn't get as tattered around the edges of the board, and is easier to apply. 

I had the same problem one time with a sheet of MOB I had on a board years ago. It was also during winter. I came to the conclusion that it had something to do with the cold. Like, the adhesive wouldn't bond to the board properly or something. Cause I remember doing a trick and it ripped like 3-4 inches above my back bolts. Weirdest thing ever. Maybe not enough adhesive?? I don't know... Never had that problem ever again.

Interested in trying the MOB M-80 at some point though.

dillanharp

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2015, 12:21:58 PM »
I changed my mind. I don't like mob.

Harem

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 01:36:59 PM »
When I can get my hands on it -

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2015, 03:43:12 PM »
Anyone ever try a sheet of mini logo grip? I got a sheet on a board I'm skating now and it's actually really good. I actually had a sheet a long time ago but it's much better than i remembered it; i think they changed it up because it's a lot better now. It cuts like butter (unlike Jessup which is real thin and flimsy feeling which makes it a bit difficult to cut at times), perfect amount of grip (definitely more than Jessup, but not as much as mob), each sheet comes like 35-36 inches long as opposed to 33 inches on all other grip which makes it easier to apply on to longer boards, and it doesn't peel up or tear at the edges too bad at all. And everytime i see it around at shops it's always like two bucks cheaper than whatever other grip they have. It's like the perfect mix of mob and Jessup, minus the shitty traits of both. Definitely gonna be my go to grip of choice from now on provided the shop i happen to be at has it in stock.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2015, 04:22:05 PM »
Jessup is free.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2015, 05:37:46 PM »
Anyone ever try a sheet of mini logo grip? I got a sheet on a board I'm skating now and it's actually really good. I actually had a sheet a long time ago but it's much better than i remembered it; i think they changed it up because it's a lot better now. It cuts like butter (unlike Jessup which is real thin and flimsy feeling which makes it a bit difficult to cut at times), perfect amount of grip (definitely more than Jessup, but not as much as mob), each sheet comes like 35-36 inches long as opposed to 33 inches on all other grip which makes it easier to apply on to longer boards, and it doesn't peel up or tear at the edges too bad at all. And everytime i see it around at shops it's always like two bucks cheaper than whatever other grip they have. It's like the perfect mix of mob and Jessup, minus the shitty traits of both. Definitely gonna be my go to grip of choice from now on provided the shop i happen to be at has it in stock.

I've skate it (and Bones, same thing, silicon grip), hard to beat for the price...you know like most of the ML gear. ML Grip, bolts, bearings, risers are hard to beat for the $$$. Also, you can get it in clear!

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2015, 12:00:19 AM »
do all sheets of the m80 come with the weird die cut logo?
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2015, 12:37:47 AM »
When I can get my hands on it -

This. Other than that, I usually skate Jessup, with occasional Ashes grip, that is really good too. I think Chris Pfanner with some other people does it, but I might be wrong.

Doughboy

• Rep: 21
  • Coffee and Advil
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2015, 09:55:36 AM »
Yes.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2015, 11:01:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes.

I despise die cut logos in my tape. the Mob m-80 and grizzly are the worst offenders,so damn big.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2015, 02:57:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes.
[close]

I despise die cut logos in my tape. the Mob m-80 and grizzly are the worst offenders,so damn big.
I feel the same. This is why every company should offer a solid black version of their grip too, for us picky motherfuckers. Who knows, maybe I would really dig grizzly and it would be my new go to choice of grip, but we'll never know because I'm not buying a sheet of grip where I have to look down at some stupid teddy bear cutout everytime I'm doing a trick.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2015, 09:48:12 AM »
I put my money where my mouth is and supported a Slap Pal that is producing great stuff. Got a fresh delivery today:

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2015, 12:12:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes.
[close]

[close]
I feel the same. This is why every company should offer a solid black version of their grip too, for us picky motherfuckers. Who knows, maybe I would really dig grizzly and it would be my new go to choice of grip, but we'll never know because I'm not buying a sheet of grip where I have to look down at some stupid teddy bear cutout everytime I'm doing a trick.

die cut is kind of an option though, i haven't skated m-80 with the MOB letters cut out and cant really tell its die cut at all.