Author Topic: Sean Pablo - Converse  (Read 21557 times)

botefdunn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
Re: Sean Pablo - Converse
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 05:11:33 PM »
Expand Quote
lot of jealousy in this thread, and I get it. If you grew up in a time and place where skating didn't make you cool, it's hard to watch this kid with good skin and fine features in his tastefully decorated apartment talk casually about fitting in. But you need to come up with something better to criticize him with than "he can't skate", because that is just obviously not true.
It's just a shoe ad and he's just a kid.
[close]
Sus boy, he is good at skating but is trying too hard to be trendy.

wouldn't argue with that

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »
Expand Quote
lot of jealousy in this thread, and I get it. If you grew up in a time and place where skating didn't make you cool, it's hard to watch this kid with good skin and fine features in his tastefully decorated apartment talk casually about fitting in. But you need to come up with something better to criticize him with than "he can't skate", because that is just obviously not true.
[close]

This guy is good as  any local skatepark. This dude never made a real skatepart to be on these sponsors. All he can offer is about fashion.

BMCsteve

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2015, 05:23:07 PM »
Like I said, there is a reason he spends more time talking and touching his hair in videos than actually skating.

Also, good skin.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 05:24:36 PM »
He's the new Gonz.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 05:27:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

This guy is good as  any local skatepark. This dude never made a real skatepart to be on these sponsors. All he can offer is about fashion.
I agree his bag of tricks is pretty tiny too, I just was saying he isnt BAD at skating like others were. His skating is def all style no content.

abudabi

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2015, 05:32:01 PM »
dope skin!

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
yall need to chill and stop giving credit where credit is not due. he is a zitty teenager like the rest of them.  HE WAS FILMING A COMMERCIAL so he was definitely wearing his makeup that day. why stop at nail polish?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2015, 06:30:11 PM »
I haven't even seen this but I can already imagine what it's going to be like ... cringeworthy :o
(yes, it's the same reply I used in the Eli thread :-*)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2015, 06:47:36 PM »
asian-love-child-of-birthday-party-nick-cave-lookin ass nigga

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2015, 07:06:22 PM »
I like the zine thing :)

The Shogun

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2015, 07:22:09 PM »
I guess he could work at nail salon when his skate career ends next week.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:19:45 AM by Sho'Nuff »

StepCounter

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2015, 07:38:45 PM »
He actually has a nice ollie. Maybe just stick to ollies, riding fast, and fashion footage.

The worst thing is people biting his style. Good god, just bite the style of anyone in the Vans video and you'll be light years ahead.

I wonder if the "delicate fancy arms" skate style sells well in malls?

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2015, 07:39:35 PM »
what the fuck is up with these fuccbois sitting knock kneed like dandies in lifestyle shots.

find me a pic of kalis, herman, or wes sitting like that.  those are the people kids should be imitating
where is home?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2015, 07:57:37 PM »
The part where he puts the sunglasses on his head in that apartment or wherever, holy fuck, shoot me now.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Al408

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2015, 09:23:59 PM »
what the fuck is up with these fuccbois sitting knock kneed like dandies in lifestyle shots.

find me a pic of kalis, herman, or wes sitting like that.  those are the people kids should be imitating
because his pussy stanky

SomeWorries

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2015, 09:54:52 PM »

ginatran

• Rep: -90
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »
Sean Pablo is the illest skater out rn.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2015, 01:46:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whenever I see footage of Sean Pablo I start thinking about how he reminds me of Nick Jensen, I bet if he would tuck his shirt and paint his nails he could run with FA crowd.
[close]

Thats a terrible comparison. Nick Jensen is in a league of his own.

Nick Jensen
[close]

You're right he is in his own league and that's why when watching Pablo I think of Jensen and never the other way around, but still they both got a bit of that feminine anorexic style to their skating.

Thanks for posting that link I had forgotten about that part, re-watched it gladly.
couldnt have put it better myself, and i dont hate either of these guys styles either.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

matta

• Rep: 26
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2015, 02:02:20 AM »
if you put a camera in front of every 18 (or whatever) year old skater and told them to talk about themselves 98% of them would be worse than this.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2015, 02:07:13 AM »
if you put a camera in front of every 18 (or whatever) year old skater and told them to talk about themselves 98% of them would be worse than this.

exactly. mostly due to his amazingly fine skin.

foureyedjim

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2015, 02:21:25 AM »
This is true, but it doesn't make him any less funny.

"I like it...I dunno..."

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2015, 03:38:31 AM »
yall need to chill and stop giving credit where credit is not due. he is a zitty teenager like the rest of them.  HE WAS FILMING A COMMERCIAL so he was definitely wearing his makeup that day. why stop at nail polish?

Nah fam, those are beauty marks, bro!

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2015, 04:00:57 AM »
Does New York do this to you? Or is it FA?

So glad I don't live there.

He also needs to have some quality control on his footage.

Was a lot of that switch?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2015, 04:38:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
trying to hard to be trendy? Right after you use the term "sus boy"

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2015, 04:57:44 AM »
I read the comments before watching that and assumed it was going to be really bad. He seems like a much nicer kid than some jock dicks that hang at most skateparks. He's young so of course some stuff he says is going to be corny, but that was fine.

Reading this thread made me realise how scared and white bread so many skaters are these days. Kinda scary how ignorant some of you guys can be.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2015, 05:26:37 AM »
I read the comments before watching that and assumed it was going to be really bad. He seems like a much nicer kid than some jock dicks that hang at most skateparks. He's young so of course some stuff he says is going to be corny, but that was fine.

Reading this thread made me realise how scared and white bread so many skaters are these days. Kinda scary how ignorant some of you guys can be.

It's pretty simple: he has top shelf sponsors, is getting shit loads of coverage and so far has put out footage which is on par with 1000s of flow or lower dudes.

He's like Dylan, without the really really good skateboarding, and we only tolerate Dylan's fuckery because of the really really good skateboarding. so here we are.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2015, 05:37:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's pretty simple: he has top shelf sponsors, is getting shit loads of coverage and so far has put out footage which is on par with 1000s of flow or lower dudes.

He's like Dylan, without the really really good skateboarding, and we only tolerate Dylan's fuckery because of the really really good skateboarding. so here we are.
are we really having this age old debate? Yeah I can skate down the street here in LA and find a million park rats who are technically better. Sean Pablo is fucking interesting to watch. He's weird and lanky and has great style. Go watch Shane O'Neil if black nail polish scares you. Jesus fucking Christ the kid is like 17 years old.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2015, 06:21:36 AM »
17?! he's that old?  kid's peaked. 

Jerry Hsu - 'Wheels of Fortune' 411VM #20

hardly art, hardly starving

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2015, 06:27:21 AM »
this shit's weak as fuck. so kids tuck their shirts in now? why would anyone care what this kid has to say. why did i watch this. FUCK

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2015, 06:47:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
are we really having this age old debate? Yeah I can skate down the street here in LA and find a million park rats who are technically better. Sean Pablo is fucking interesting to watch. He's weird and lanky and has great style. Go watch Shane O'Neil if black nail polish scares you. Jesus fucking Christ the kid is like 17 years old.

only one of these is true.  i also like the jab at shane o'neill. it is borderline delusional to randomly bring up the guy who skates like this:
Shane O'Neill's "Shane GOES" part

did shane steal the girl you were writing love letters to?
where is home?