Author Topic: Sean Pablo - Converse  (Read 21592 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Sean Pablo - Converse
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2015, 07:12:38 AM »

Shane O'neill when he was 17 or less.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2015, 08:59:46 AM »
pabs is slap's new pops.

abudabi

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2015, 11:02:25 AM »
i think his footage in the last couple bill strobeck videos was better than this stuff. too lazy to check now though.

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2015, 11:19:19 AM »
I bet this dude is hooked up due to Slap thread page count alone.

Bitch all you want, but you guys are responsible for this.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

UL8

• Rep: 29
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2015, 11:24:32 AM »
Expand Quote
I read the comments before watching that and assumed it was going to be really bad. He seems like a much nicer kid than some jock dicks that hang at most skateparks. He's young so of course some stuff he says is going to be corny, but that was fine.

Reading this thread made me realise how scared and white bread so many skaters are these days. Kinda scary how ignorant some of you guys can be.
[close]

It's pretty simple: he has top shelf sponsors, is getting shit loads of coverage and so far has put out footage which is on par with 1000s of flow or lower dudes.

He's like Dylan, without the really really good skateboarding, and we only tolerate Dylan's fuckery because of the really really good skateboarding. so here we are.
I see what you're saying, but at the same time, it seems like you should be hating on the people giving him the opportunity to be on those top shelf sponsors more than the kid himself. I mean, I'm a way shittier skater than he is, but if FA and Cons wanted to hook me up and pay me thousands a month to hang out with my friends, I would scoop it up in a second; any of us would. He's a nice kid and I am sure he wants to do harder tricks in his video parts as much as anyone on here wants him to do them. It's not like he isn't trying to skate; he's just not insanely gifted like someone like Cody Mac. Personally, I would rather watch his footage than Cody Mac's and lots of other skaters who do harder tricks.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2015, 11:45:15 AM »
i like his 360's. he reminds me of a young rey curtis from OG law & order

OldmanEpic

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2015, 12:41:48 PM »
Pat duffy, rodney mullen, jeremy wray, tom penny, andrew reynolds, mike carroll, tim brauch, peter smolik, guy mariano, etc all DO NOT APPROVE

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2015, 12:50:19 PM »
would beating him up be a hate crime?

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2015, 01:01:06 PM »
i like sean pablo, some people don't and that fine too

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2015, 01:59:35 PM »
Pat duffy, rodney mullen, jeremy wray, tom penny, andrew reynolds, mike carroll, tim brauch, peter smolik, guy mariano, etc all DO NOT APPROVE

tim braunch is dead, i doubt he has an opinion on this fragile looking young man.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2015, 03:13:17 PM »

TRUTH.

When Austin Kanfoush releases a part on Thrasher it barely reaches a page. 

UL8

• Rep: 29
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2015, 04:56:13 PM »
i like his 360's. he reminds me of a young rey curtis from OG law & order

Dude.....Nice!

fangen

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2015, 05:07:42 PM »
contrived
kənˈtrʌɪvd
adjective
deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously.
created or arranged in a way that seems artificial and unrealistic.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2015, 07:29:10 PM »

His underground sk8mafia team is the best, fuckig raw dudes.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2015, 09:31:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

tim braunch is dead, i doubt he has an opinion on this fragile looking young man.

Hes a legend. Bless his soul

But i am holy enough to speak oh his behalf, and he says fuck this kid.

Just kidding, Brauch is down for anyone on 4 wheels

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2015, 11:04:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

TRUTH.

When Austin Kanfoush releases a part on Thrasher it barely reaches a page. 

when shit is good people tend to have less to say... "This dudes raw" I agree/

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2015, 11:35:08 PM »
i was better than this kid in 89,...fuck your probably better.horrible

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2015, 11:36:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
lot of jealousy in this thread, and I get it. If you grew up in a time and place where skating didn't make you cool, it's hard to watch this kid with good skin and fine features in his tastefully decorated apartment talk casually about fitting in. But you need to come up with something better to criticize him with than "he can't skate", because that is just obviously not true.
It's just a shoe ad and he's just a kid.
[close]
Sus boy, he is good at skating but is trying too hard to be trendy.
[close]

This guy is good as� any local skatepark. This dude never made a real skatepart to be on these sponsors. All he can offer is about fashion.

wouldn't get too mad about this dude, he is only on cons and FA which are both basically hipster companies and im sure no one else is going to sponsor him

ginatran

• Rep: -90
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2015, 11:46:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who cares about any of those dudes?

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2015, 12:07:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
lot of jealousy in this thread, and I get it. If you grew up in a time and place where skating didn't make you cool, it's hard to watch this kid with good skin and fine features in his tastefully decorated apartment talk casually about fitting in. But you need to come up with something better to criticize him with than "he can't skate", because that is just obviously not true.
[close]
[close]

This guy is good as� any local skatepark. This dude never made a real skatepart to be on these sponsors. All he can offer is about fashion.
[close]

wouldn't get too mad about this dude, he is only on cons and FA which are both basically hipster companies and im sure no one else is going to sponsor him
hes had a monster sticker or two on his set ups before, but it could've easily been a joke. you never know with these people.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2015, 01:29:14 AM »

Nail. Head.

But I like dude. Remember how shitty Thee Thee was?  Wait..

Anyway. Blah blah blah.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2015, 02:06:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
hes had a monster sticker or two on his set ups before, but it could've easily been a joke. you never know with these people.

http://palisadescountryclub.bigcartel.com/product/west-coast-shirt

ieesac

• Rep: 1
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2015, 03:41:05 AM »
too many skinny people in skating nowadays.

abudabi

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2015, 07:34:28 AM »
too many fat people on this fucking planet

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2015, 10:01:34 AM »
the good thing about sean pablo and the rest is that theyve totally changed the conversation about LA. theres a certain group of people that have been trying to dismiss it so hard for the last 5 or so years because of the rail & gap crowd but now its so obvious how narrative driven that conversation was. people seem to be enjoying themselves there. good vibes.

too much talking but the people who buy cons are into that. blame yourselves for that.

not sure when sean pablo will ever develop his own style.

abudabi

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2015, 10:11:12 AM »
i honestly dont even like this dudes skating really but i FULLY APPROVE of skaters changing it up and looking different or going routes opposing other sk8ers (not to say he is doing anything new really) damn some of you are on weird types of ignoramus and ageist shit.. "mike carroll would not approve.." ok nigga?? like what that even mean really. i thought skaters were progressive and liberal and shit? and u people wonder why no skaters trying to come out of the closet for real. damn im ashamed of the weird masculinity you guys are trying to put on here
some of it is cause this place is dominated by old dudes who feel emasculated because theyre aging and out of shape. they gotta attack anyone who they perceive as weak cause theyre afraid to look in the mirror. it's real obvious and one of them will probably type some dumb reply in response to this.
anyone who is confident doesnt need to make these types of comments, and coincidentally the dumber you are the more likely you are to do this without noticing.

FriendlyComments

• Rep: -6
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2015, 10:24:06 AM »
shuv a camera in any of your faces and watch yourself drown  ;) <3 <3 <3

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »

Shane O'neill when he was 17 or less.

my favorite thing about skating is that comparisons like this are pointless and all that matters is that people want to watch you skate

people want to watch sean pablo skate and hes gonna have time in the spotlight until they dont

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2015, 02:02:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

http://palisadescountryclub.bigcartel.com/product/west-coast-shirt
so dumb

straight

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2015, 02:22:36 PM »
Expand Quote
i honestly dont even like this dudes skating really but i FULLY APPROVE of skaters changing it up and looking different or going routes opposing other sk8ers (not to say he is doing anything new really) damn some of you are on weird types of ignoramus and ageist shit.. "mike carroll would not approve.." ok nigga?? like what that even mean really. i thought skaters were progressive and liberal and shit? and u people wonder why no skaters trying to come out of the closet for real. damn im ashamed of the weird masculinity you guys are trying to put on here
[close]
some of it is cause this place is dominated by old dudes who feel emasculated because theyre aging and out of shape. they gotta attack anyone who they perceive as weak cause theyre afraid to look in the mirror. it's real obvious and one of them straight will probably type some dumb reply in response to this.
anyone who is confident doesnt need to make these types of comments, and coincidentally the dumber you are the more likely you are to do this without noticing.

:-*

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:24:21 PM by straight »