Author Topic: Sean Pablo - Converse  (Read 21581 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Sean Pablo - Converse
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2015, 03:33:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
lot of jealousy in this thread, and I get it. If you grew up in a time and place where skating didn't make you cool, it's hard to watch this kid with good skin and fine features in his tastefully decorated apartment talk casually about fitting in. But you need to come up with something better to criticize him with than "he can't skate", because that is just obviously not true.
It's just a shoe ad and he's just a kid.
[close]
Sus boy, he is good at skating but is trying too hard to be trendy.
[close]

This guy is good as� any local skatepark. This dude never made a real skatepart to be on these sponsors. All he can offer is about fashion.
[close]

wouldn't get too mad about this dude, he is only on cons and FA which are both basically hipster companies and im sure no one else is going to sponsor him
[close]
hes had a monster sticker or two on his set ups before, but it could've easily been a joke. you never know with these people.

Oh no, Monster sticker on a hipster board. Slap will have a heart attack.

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2015, 08:49:37 PM »
I bet he smells like lilac and takes really small poops. or doesn't even poop at all

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2015, 09:27:41 PM »
Expand Quote
i honestly dont even like this dudes skating really but i FULLY APPROVE of skaters changing it up and looking different or going routes opposing other sk8ers (not to say he is doing anything new really) damn some of you are on weird types of ignoramus and ageist shit.. "mike carroll would not approve.." ok nigga?? like what that even mean really. i thought skaters were progressive and liberal and shit? and u people wonder why no skaters trying to come out of the closet for real. damn im ashamed of the weird masculinity you guys are trying to put on here
[close]
some of it is cause this place is dominated by old dudes who feel emasculated because theyre aging and out of shape. they gotta attack anyone who they perceive as weak cause theyre afraid to look in the mirror. it's real obvious and one of them will probably type some dumb reply in response to this.
anyone who is confident doesnt need to make these types of comments, and coincidentally the dumber you are the more likely you are to do this without noticing.

I'm not that much older than Sean Pablo but i can tell you i was a lot better than him at his age so maybe im a little jealous cause all i had to do was dress like that and i would have been on good companies. He does seem to be getting better but not from this clip, i was talking about the last montage "the red devil" but still i feel like hes the hipster baby scumbag. I mean at least that kid admitted hes not good and probably realized he only got sponsored cause of his youtube channel, thats how Pablo got sponsored because of his social media game. I think that's why people dislike him cause he didn't earn any thing that he has. 

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2015, 01:57:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i honestly dont even like this dudes skating really but i FULLY APPROVE of skaters changing it up and looking different or going routes opposing other sk8ers (not to say he is doing anything new really) damn some of you are on weird types of ignoramus and ageist shit.. "mike carroll would not approve.." ok nigga?? like what that even mean really. i thought skaters were progressive and liberal and shit? and u people wonder why no skaters trying to come out of the closet for real. damn im ashamed of the weird masculinity you guys are trying to put on here
[close]
some of it is cause this place is dominated by old dudes who feel emasculated because theyre aging and out of shape. they gotta attack anyone who they perceive as weak cause theyre afraid to look in the mirror. it's real obvious and one of them will probably type some dumb reply in response to this.
anyone who is confident doesnt need to make these types of comments, and coincidentally the dumber you are the more likely you are to do this without noticing.
[close]

I'm not that much older than Sean Pablo but i can tell you i was a lot better than him at his age so maybe im a little jealous cause all i had to do was dress like that and i would have been on good companies. He does seem to be getting better but not from this clip, i was talking about the last montage "the red devil" but still i feel like hes the hipster baby scumbag. I mean at least that kid admitted hes not good and probably realized he only got sponsored cause of his youtube channel, thats how Pablo got sponsored because of his social media game. I think that's why people dislike him cause he didn't earn any thing that he has. 

it's not his fault people want to sponser him

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2015, 02:15:47 AM »
At least you know you're hooking up with chicks based upon your profile and charm on tinder, instead of a sponsorship from hyped up companies, tobey.

zarathustra

• Rep: -8
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »
The thing that makes some art 'good' isn't just a straightforward display of technical virtuosity (which alone almost always guarantees 'bad' art) but involves a delicate, ineffable balance between skill and seduction.

The skill part is easily assessed and quantified (and even reliably cultivated given enough time) but the rest of the equation remains radically mysterious and magical. That's why there are so few good artists around and why we pay them so much money and attention.

Mad Max

« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2015, 09:53:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

it's not his fault people want to sponser him

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2015, 11:25:21 AM »
so maybe im a little jealous cause all i had to do was dress like that and i would have been on good companies.

cross-dresser

• Rep: 1
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2015, 11:30:01 AM »
The thing that makes some art 'good' isn't just a straightforward display of technical virtuosity (which alone almost always guarantees 'bad' art) but involves a delicate, ineffable balance between skill and seduction.

The skill part is easily assessed and quantified (and even reliably cultivated given enough time) but the rest of the equation remains radically mysterious and magical. That's why there are so few good artists around and why we pay them so much money and attention.

this in italics

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2015, 01:58:00 PM »
Expand Quote

Shane O'neill when he was 17 or less.
[close]

my favorite thing about skating is that comparisons like this are pointless and all that matters is that people want to watch you skate

people want to watch sean pablo skate and hes gonna have time in the spotlight until they dont

THIS is everything that needs to be said about that debate.

I personally will probably never get into Sean Pablo's skating and style, but I can also see why other people might find his approach interesting. What surprises me is that he comes off as a really nice kid. I can respect the dude.

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2015, 02:24:45 PM »
u should start dressing like that tobey

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2015, 02:29:28 PM »

LOL dont lie u beat off to this video didnt u

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2015, 06:16:23 PM »
Expand Quote
so maybe im a little jealous cause all i had to do was dress like that and i would have been on good companies.
[close]

yea i should probably back up my shit talking

2:12

but like i said hes getting better but don't think he should be am

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2015, 07:03:47 PM »
Shut up, stupid.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2015, 09:55:32 PM »
Yeah plz dress like that tobey, your hair is already way more fabulous.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2015, 10:14:08 PM »

the fro is gone unfortunately

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2015, 10:51:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the fro is gone unfortunately
How could you....

asakusa75

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2015, 12:09:10 AM »

PsychOut

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2015, 05:10:06 AM »
fuck me dead, why are people dressing like such flogs, fuck, do they just jack over dylan

Dengles

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2015, 05:31:59 AM »
Do you not Jack over Dylan?  And like honestly for a kid who's as hip looking as he is he seems like a nice guy.  I've had some encounters with skaters dressed and running with that type of crowd that who are just total dickheads, but like Sean Pablo doesn't seem like he'd be too much of a cool guy. 

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2015, 07:19:19 AM »
i didn't care for the video too much, wasn't a waste of my time, but i'm not gonna watch it again. i'll probably move on with my life by lunch time.

rideflannel

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2015, 09:49:41 AM »
Dude is an easy target for hate but, hell, he is still a kid so he gets a pass. I can't say I'm a fan but he does have a mean bs 360.

Dishonest John

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • Nya Ah Ahh!
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2015, 11:17:42 AM »

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2015, 01:35:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this in italics

straight

« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2015, 01:38:29 PM »

This dude is way ahead of the trend game right now

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

oh shit we know a lot of the same people

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2015, 09:38:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

oh shit we know a lot of the same people

kev lets film a new part of you skating in sean pablo clothes
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2015, 10:25:24 PM »
can't wait for the matt rodriguez of his generation to come crawling out of the woodwork
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2015, 11:16:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Could it be your personality that's holding you back? ???

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2015, 11:42:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Could it be your personality that's holding you back? ???

lol i wasn't trying to make it big than i mean there is way to many dudes from my area that kill it way harder than me and i just figured if they couldn't get AM there was no way in hell i could of, i was happy being on shop. Maybe i came off a little dickish maybe people thought i like am super jealous of this kid for getting on big companies but im not jealous cause i think it could have been me im talking about all the other dudes that rip way harder than me and are only flow