Author Topic: Sean Pablo - Converse  (Read 21559 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Sean Pablo - Converse
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2015, 02:37:14 AM »
Sean Pablo makes me think of the pretencious artsy assholes in the art school i'm at. They dont do shit or have any talent, they cant pick a pencil, then they just take some random pics with a polaroid and call that shit art. then they think they are at some next level of the art world when they are just coppycating what they see at thumblr. I'm so tired of seeing this in the art world, i dont want it in skateboarding too! Sean Pablo is not thinking outside of the box. He is not original by any means, he is copying every shitty artsy trend he think that is cool, but thats not cool, that's just cringeworthy. He is not even that good at skating goddamn it...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2015, 05:32:04 AM »
he might seem lame to us, but to other 17 year olds he's probably the most bad ass kid around. I wish i was that cool at 17 honestly.

cross-dresser

• Rep: 1
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2015, 07:55:01 AM »
Sk.A.T.A.N, maybe the problem is that you're in "art school" paying someone to teach you how to be creative while he's out everyday in the streets figuring it out. It may not be your cup of tea, may not rise to the level of art school cool but he already has a sizable audience who finds his work interesting - not too shabby for a seventeen year old. Maybe after you graduate we'll get a chance to see some of your flair too, really looking forward to it... did you come up with that edgy username in art school?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:00:16 AM by cross-dresser »

straight

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2015, 08:03:23 AM »
Sk.A.T.A.N, maybe the problem is that you're in "art school" paying someone to teach you how to be creative while he's out everyday in the streets figuring it out. It may not be your cup of tea, may not rise to the level of art school cool but he already has a sizable audience who finds his work interesting - not too shabby for a seventeen year old. Maybe after you graduate we'll get a chance to see some of your flair too, really looking forward to it... did you come up with that edgy username in art school?

I like you Bruce

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2015, 08:30:43 AM »
Nice house
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

abudabi

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2015, 08:34:59 AM »
what is his work? that paradise company? tumblr page?
legitimate question, i dont follow him that closely. i dont give a sheit about art school btw.

cross-dresser

« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2015, 08:46:50 AM »
cherry
joyride
red devil
illegal civ
etc...

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »

The ones who like his shit are the same people that dont say shitty art it's bad because they dont understand it and dont want to be misunderstood. I always see people who look at it and say "well, i dont know, i think it's nice" because they dont know how to disagree with the bandwaggon of the cool kids... Also he isnt that young! I see people with great talent at this age that do lots of cool and diferent stuff, but i agree that its the age that you copy your idols and want to be like them, but please stop pretending like he is so good and diferent from the rest, he isnt.

Also if you want to see some of my late work go to the Art Threat on the Whatever, i have some stuff there. It isn't something different but i don't pretend it to be.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

abudabi

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2015, 09:25:23 AM »
cherry
joyride
red devil
illegal civ
etc...
oh. in that case, daniel gesmer is my favorite artist.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2015, 10:17:41 AM »
this thread makes me so happy.....
I need a coffee

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2015, 10:32:01 AM »
look at any real photographer and they have concentrated bodies of work that deal with specific themes, etc... he just showed us a zine he made with all "greatest hits" unrelated images. thats cool he likes taking photos (who doesn't) but he will never be taken seriously in comparison to like alec soth or something. soft focus images of strangers in new york city? i doubt anybody who knows anything about photography will give that the time of day...

so because hes not a very talented photographer, he should just stop doing it? i agree with people saying that there is nothing original that hes doing, but what is so wrong with anything that he is doing? who cares if his stuff isnt unique or original or even that good? people arnt allowed to have hobbies if they arent good at them? if we keep getting videos of him talking about his "art", dont get mad at him, get mad the the people pointing a camera at him telling him to talk about his art. i doubt sean pablo is the one approaching cons and telling them to come over to his place and film him talking about his zines and t shirts he makes. it doesnt even sound like he takes it that seriously. my interpretation was that he just makes stuff because he wants to.

cross-dresser

« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »
i guess i just have more respect for people who work quietly than for those who criticize anonymously

abudabi

« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2015, 10:49:20 AM »
i guess i just have more respect for people who work quietly than for those who criticize anonymously
idk if this is aimed at me, im just confused as to why youre talking about someone's video parts as if theyre paintings or something.
i doubt this kid takes his skating as seriously as you do.

straight

« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2015, 11:24:42 AM »
Expand Quote
look at any real photographer and they have concentrated bodies of work that deal with specific themes, etc... he just showed us a zine he made with all "greatest hits" unrelated images. thats cool he likes taking photos (who doesn't) but he will never be taken seriously in comparison to like alec soth or something. soft focus images of strangers in new york city? i doubt anybody who knows anything about photography will give that the time of day...
[close]

so because hes not a very talented photographer, he should just stop doing it? i agree with people saying that there is nothing original that hes doing, but what is so wrong with anything that he is doing? who cares if his stuff isnt unique or original or even that good? people arnt allowed to have hobbies if they arent good at them? if we keep getting videos of him talking about his "art", dont get mad at him, get mad the the people pointing a camera at him telling him to talk about his art. i doubt sean pablo is the one approaching cons and telling them to come over to his place and film him talking about his zines and t shirts he makes. it doesnt even sound like he takes it that seriously. my interpretation was that he just makes stuff because he wants to.

"I think it's pretty easy to differentiate yourself. You just have to think outside the box a little bit."

In all honesty, I like this kid.

Nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2015, 12:26:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well, you have a good point JB. I wasnt thinking that way! He can totally do the things he likes... But then, Cons, dont try to sell it as " OMG, he is so great, he does art stuff". Its like i liked to play soccer with my friends and my sponsor make a video telling i'm a professional soccer player...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2015, 12:27:49 PM »

So i guess slap is not your place.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2015, 03:53:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well, you have a good point JB. I wasnt thinking that way! He can totally do the things he likes... But then, Cons, dont try to sell it as " OMG, he is so great, he does art stuff". Its like i liked to play soccer with my friends and my sponsor make a video telling i'm a professional soccer player...

Cons didn't make out that he was a professional photographer or artist at all. They were just showing his interests outside of skateboarding. You seem bummed that someone else is getting attention. But it's not a competition, there's room for you too. Do some cool stuff and make sure you're prolific and you might get noticed too.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2015, 07:45:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so maybe im a little jealous cause all i had to do was dress like that and i would have been on good companies.
[close]

shhh (austin powers)
[close]

yea i should probably back up my shit talking

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBtinBsCCx0
2:12

but like i said hes getting better but don't think he should be am

Nothing in that video; or specifically your section are anywhere near Sean's level of skating. 

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2015, 09:55:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so maybe im a little jealous cause all i had to do was dress like that and i would have been on good companies.
[close]

shhh (austin powers)
[close]

[close]

Nothing in that video; or specifically your section are anywhere near Sean's level of skating. 

Tobey, you are twice as delusional as sean pablo if you talk assuredly that you could have gotten on big companies with that footage. No matter what you were wearing. Not saying you dont rip, but sp is on another level.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2015, 10:43:20 AM »
I'm always stoked when somebody's fashion sense bums skaters out. We're such a sensitive bunch.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2015, 12:45:37 PM »
5 pages deep smh

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2015, 06:19:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

shhh (austin powers)
[close]

[close]

[close]

Tobey, you are twice as delusional as sean pablo if you talk assuredly that you could have gotten on big companies with that footage. No matter what you were wearing. Not saying you dont rip, but sp is on another level.

you should probably read my last post on this page

fredtempleton

• Rep: -11
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2015, 08:26:56 PM »
I'm always stoked when somebody's fashion sense bums skaters out. We're such a sensitive bunch.

church. i like pablo. i kind of like when ppl r trendy bronze56k r a bunch of williamsburg kids with bleached hair and polo shirts skating to urban outfitters vapor wave, every 15 yr old white girl finna look like virgo peridot, kids r getting wild and tucking in theirs shirts like your uncle does or mcdonalds employees as opposed to the more modern alternative of wearing your shirt untucked shit is dope  

abudabi

« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2015, 08:50:03 PM »
the tucked in shirt thing reminds me of that simpsons clip where the kid isnt sure if hes being sarcastic anymore.