Author Topic: Grosso's Loveletters is back  (Read 7551 times)

Baron Samedi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
Re: Grosso's Loveletters is back
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 11:53:15 AM »
Nobody's even mentioning how Grosso came out of the closet in this clip?
confirmed, tony tee will make you gayee

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 11:01:01 PM »
They're def running out out specific topics to talk about...This one was kinda loose, but still amazing.

I'd like to see a wallride/wallie episode

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 08:53:16 PM »
Dill comes off like an asshole in lots of videos, but if you sit him down and get him talking shop about skate history stuff, he seems pretty insightful and fun to talk to.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 10:14:45 PM »

It's funny how pissed some people are getting over this episode.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

newhampster

• Rep: 7
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 10:29:08 PM »
Mostly what I noticed from this video is how pointy Julien Stranger's nose is.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 10:57:52 PM »
Grosso still hurting over freestyle!

Let it go! Let it go!
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 02:31:16 AM »
in my book Rodney gets a pass for inventing the flatland ollie. he can get as kooky/nerdy as he wants, we should all be forever grateful.
it's also pretty funny to hear dudes complain about "well while we were partying and getting wasted, they were working and creating companies, and now they're rich!".
as some dude said in the youtube comments, the Love Letters are turning to hate mail......

also I wanna add a little Pierre-Andre (pro freestyler and Etnies founder) anecdote here: I think it was in 86 or 87, I took part in some streetstyle contest in Paris. During practice I bumped into Pierre-Andre, we were railsliding this little bar at the same time, and he apologized! I thought that was amazing, the big time pro he was apologizing, to a 12 year-old kid. I think it says a lot about his character.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2015, 12:52:34 AM »
Seriously, dude, &%$* this &%$*!

pekkaaa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2015, 02:47:48 AM »
Freaks and geeks:

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2015, 04:11:56 AM »
"CHECK OUT MY COCK"

-brewce martin

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2015, 07:43:30 AM »
I just discovered this; Im obsessed now.  8)

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2015, 08:39:05 AM »
Mullen would have fit nicely in the freaks and geeks episode instead of the one where Grosso just shat on him.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2015, 11:01:21 AM »
Mullen would have fit nicely in the freaks and geeks episode instead of the one where Grosso just shat on him.

definitely. Grosso presents himself as basically the bully who would cram all these freaks and geeks into lockers.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2015, 02:03:12 PM »
I didn't know anyone got that flustered about freestylers. It's one thing to deny freestyle's influence on street skating, but quite another to deny Mullen's influence on all skating. For sure, street skating existed the moment someone put skates on a plank. In fact, transition and ramp skating are the things that had to be created afterwards. Let's not forget when we kickflip some gap, 360 flip into a manual, or fs flip some stairs, all that shit truly could be traced back to one fucking dude, as far as I know.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2015, 02:15:24 PM »
yeah funny how last episode they talked about the "lame" skaters who didnt party (which would be dudes like lance, neil, etc.) and now are on that train? jeff you are anything but a nerd or a freak if anything you are the most normal person on earth (made cash doing something alternative and taking the "rockstar" lifestyle, something you know kind of lambast). seems like dude is only on the bandwagon for "freaks" if they are approved by his peers. YO JEFF!! freestyles are the nerds. schneer is def. a freak (even though you have several times talked mad shit on dude, RIP) and YOU are the jock. and for the most part i agree that jim gray is a grade-a butthead but damn my dude that last little section was just some bullying. i think bs sweepers are cool.

also anyone on here who backs andy roy yet continues going on about that gross chase gabor screwdriver shit can kiss my butt. andy roy is a freak in a really disgusting way and it isnt something to celebrate

I actually thought he was giving a nod(including him) as a way to kind of bury the hatchet. I got the total opposite impression as you but who knows? I could be wrong...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 03:23:52 PM »
I guess there are "rules"according to grosso
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2015, 04:03:47 PM »
Did anyone else notice where Grosso calls out Duane Peters for skating for Gullwing? Weird that Duane is doing an indy in the Gullwing ad here on SLAP.

shone237

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2015, 04:48:49 PM »
Talk about a snake eating it's tail. Harvey Levin called, he wants his job back.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 04:57:33 PM »
I'm just confused what the whole point of the freestyle episode was.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 05:27:04 PM »
I back this show 99% of the time but the freestyle one was approached the wrong way >:(
c'mon man, the other week you even defended longboarding and now you gunna hate on mullen :o
I think when he (rodney) talks about being a pioneer of street, it's in reference to the bajillion flip tricks he invented. let's face it, any street part that you watch today is going to have tricks in it that mullen invented, you can't deny that!
sure, the flow of  street came from natas/ gonz but if all we had was the ollie (and its variations) then street would NOT be what it is today. end of story! grosso just comes off sour as fuck in this episode, pretty petty if you ask me...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2015, 06:53:30 PM »
Anyone else notice he called Mike Ternansky "a fucking parasite" in the new Thrasher?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2015, 07:03:02 PM »
I'm just confused what the whole point of the freestyle episode was.

To watch three old washed up tranny dogs talk shit about who invented street skating?

I'm not really sure either. I've never heard Mullen claiming to have invented street. People give him credit for inventing most of the flips we have. Not really sure why Grosso feels so passionately about this?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

deadhead

• Rep: -2
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2015, 07:30:40 PM »
I think its pretty cool that vans lets him say whatever the fuck he wants, skating should be uncensored like that, and it was obviously not just the view of grosso that freestyle sucked. I think in the end he gave credit to rodney where it was due, but was making the point that freestyle and street are two very separate things
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:33:49 PM by deadhead »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2015, 07:42:36 PM »
I think its pretty cool that vans lets him say whatever the fuck he wants, skating should be uncensored like that, and it was obviously not just the view of grosso that freestyle sucked. I think in the end he gave credit to rodney where it was due, but was making the point that freestyle and street are two very separate things

I didn't hear that bit? Didn't he just rubbish Mullen and say that Gonz and Natas invented street?

deadhead

• Rep: -2
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2015, 07:59:05 PM »
Sorry not in the end, 3 minutes- 4.10 pretty much sums it up, they give credit to rodney for inventing the tricks and taking the time and the thought to even come up with these tricks, but they are just freestyle tricks without someone like gonz and natas they would have just stayed free style tricks. Notice grosso says gonz realised the "worth" of what rodney was doing so he does have respect for him he is just making the point that it isn't street till it is taken to the street

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
A point that didn't need to be made.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Pretty Serious

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2015, 09:06:41 PM »
Mike V has been campaigning for this title his entire life and is very disappoint in the non-mention.
Somewhat ironically, I learned to skate street on a Schmidt Stix Grosso mini.   

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2015, 09:51:24 PM »
What's wrong with talking a little shit? We do it on here all day.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2015, 10:06:15 PM »

I think that's the problem, Grosso will usually talk a little shit in his episodes which is fine IMHO. He just came across in this one as someone having a big jealous meltdown that's all. Would have liked to have seen the raw interview with Julien; seems like vans/ the editor was cutting and splicing the clips there ...

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:50:53 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2015, 12:24:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think that's the problem, Grosso will usually talk a little shit in his episodes which is fine IMHO. He just came across in this one as someone having big jealous meltdown that's all. Would have liked to have seen the raw interview with Julien; seems like vans/ the editor was cutting/ splicing the clips there ...

obviously he and some of the other older vert pros are still bitter about street totally killing their career in about 6 months......which on one hand is understandable, but Lance or Cab for instance stuck with it and adapted, instead of "climbing into a bottle", like Grosso himself said if I remember right.