Author Topic: impact skating  (Read 3311 times)

Such

impact skating
« on: May 20, 2015, 04:05:15 PM »
so ive been trying to jump down stuff, but my feet just hurt to much.
i really want to skate gaps and shit, and i commit as much as i can but it just kills my feet.
i have to go full jaws style and bend down to the point where my ass touches my board i im jumping dont any thing higher than shoulder height. if i dont it kills my ankles.
im usually done after 10 tries if im trying something down a 6-7 stair.

ive tried footprints and they worked alright, but they were done after 2 weeks and i cant afford that shit. my friends can keep theirs for months.
any advice? do i need to just go for it every day to strenghten my feet? or am i doomed to be that blue ass bird in rio before he learn how to fly?
oh and i skate cupsoles.

Wizard Fight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Re: impact skating
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 01:34:55 AM »
I honestly don't know what to tell you about your feet hurting. Jaws said trampolines though for your legs and knees. Other than that I'd just go with the Quartersnacks rule.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 05:25:37 AM »
i just can't get used to the the phrase "impact skating"

shark tits

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 01:52:10 PM »
go faster! you ever drop an egg out of an airplane and pick it up in one piece? neither have i but supposedly it can be done via 'forward momentum'. remember that kid's ankle snapped when he jumped off sheckler's fence gap? he didn't have the gas in his ass that sheckler was utilizing to kickflip it and he paid a dear price.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 03:14:14 PM »
You gotta learn the shoulder roll. Your feet dont hurt if you land on your board

Such

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »
You gotta learn the shoulder roll. Your feet dont hurt if you land on your board
dude they hurt when i land boltzzz

Such

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 04:04:32 PM »
go faster! you ever drop an egg out of an airplane and pick it up in one piece? neither have i but supposedly it can be done via 'forward momentum'. remember that kid's ankle snapped when he jumped off sheckler's fence gap? he didn't have the gas in his ass that sheckler was utilizing to kickflip it and he paid a dear price.

yeah dude all my friends make fun of me for landing 3 meters away from the last step. but when im trying kickflips i gotta go slower.
also what the fuck.

Such

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 04:05:40 PM »
yeah but drops sound like straight down drops, and stairs imply you go fast.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 08:55:47 AM »
Go fast and don't be a whiny little bitch that your feet hurt. Get ready, you are signing up for a lifetime of pain. Have fun.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 03:36:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah but drops sound like straight down drops, and stairs imply you go fast.

People been getting gnarly for decades but that words only been around since street league hit the scene

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 12:48:04 PM »
try your hardest not to bail, landing on your board absorbs impact.

try wearing an extra pair of socks or two?

and yeah don't just spike yourself into the ground you have to tuck and roll to spread out the force.

the more you take drops the more used to it you become. pain is weakness leaving the body and all that.

Such

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 04:26:30 PM »

and yeah don't just spike yourself into the ground you have to tuck and roll to spread out the force.

the more you take drops the more used to it you become. pain is weakness leaving the body and all that.
i cant tell if youre trolling or not

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 06:27:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm with ya man.
I will say, I agree with whoever said going faster. The momentum etc makes it alot easier on your feet etc. It is a tad more treacherous if you slam but taking impact of landing is more pleasant when you're travelling at a greater speed. I really wanna skate some stairs now. (Ten or under).
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Such

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 04:54:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I'm with ya man.
I will say, I agree with whoever said going faster. The momentum etc makes it alot easier on your feet etc. It is a tad more treacherous if you slam but taking impact of landing is more pleasant when you're travelling at a greater speed. I really wanna skate some stairs now. (Ten or under).
i think it hurts less to fall when you go fast actually... its easier to get in a roll motion idk.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 05:45:04 AM »
Wear shoes with a midsole, then add a fat insole. Rubber, foam, insole, foot. Not rubber, insole, foot. Vans and Vulcs are not your friend.