Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Mothership Deck  (Read 6022 times)

too much

Re: Led Zeppelin Mothership Deck
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 05:40:43 PM »
Expand Quote

Are you wondering what wood it is? Contact Obey and ask them:

[close]

Yea I sent them a message, who knows if someone will respond though

I hope you understand he ordered a number of blanks from a distributor, however many he wanted to do for the album release...it wasn't a series or nothing with like girl, baker, santa cruz, or element if that is what you're thinking. Your answer is going to be like bareback or ps stix or something like that.

But I could be wrong too, good luck finding out more detail, cool gift!

notanotherscreenname

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2015, 05:50:01 PM »

I hope you understand he ordered a number of blanks from a distributor, however many he wanted to do for the album release...it wasn't a series or nothing with like girl, baker, santa cruz, or element if that is what you're thinking. Your answer is going to be like bareback or ps stix or something like that.

Oh cool, thanks man! The problem is though that I don't know if he was actually involved with the deck. Obviously he did the artwork, but I can't find anything suggesting a skate deck was put out. That's why I was thinking somebody just made one themselves or something like that. Do you have a source saying Obey was actually involved in the deck production?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 05:51:55 PM by notanotherscreenname »

too much

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 05:54:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh cool, thanks man! The problem is though that I don't know if we was actually involved with the deck. Obviously he did the artwork, but I can't find anything suggesting a skate deck was put out. That's why I was thinking somebody just made one themselves or something like that. Do you have a source saying Obey was actually involved in the deck production?

No I don't but googling Obey skateboards comes up with other decks they've made in the past so best bet it's an obey board associated with the album release. Anymore details is obviously a mystery, i.e. how many were produced, how they got into the market, etc.. Too bad no one on the forum knows!

notanotherscreenname

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2015, 05:59:00 PM »

No I don't but googling Obey skateboards comes up with other decks they've made in the past so best bet it's an obey board associated with the album release. Anymore details is obviously a mystery, i.e. how many were produced, how they got into the market, etc.. Too bad no one on the forum knows!

Yea Shepard Fairey (Obey) actually got started doing deck graphics. I'm familiar with his decks and I just haven't ever seen this one, but that doesn't mean it wasn't out there at some point. Who knows, quite the mystery

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2015, 06:52:07 PM »
i can't believe this guy made three accounts

notanotherscreenname

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2015, 07:57:54 PM »

? I don't get it. I thought it would tell me if my screen name was taken when I signed up?

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2015, 03:22:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

? I don't get it. I thought it would tell me if my screen name was taken when I signed up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cUExrTRSRw

notanotherscreenname

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2015, 04:27:08 PM »
For the sake of closure. I am now the proud owner of this mysterious deck. Based on everything I've found, the most likely origin of this deck is a 2007 Guitar Center Sweekstakes in conjunction with Atlantic Records, Warner, and Rhino entertainment promoting the release of the Mothership Box Set. It seems as though it was never given away and no one knew about it. Nothing too special, just a unique deck with a cloudy history