Author Topic: Shoe review head to head  (Read 2296 times)

coneklr

Shoe review head to head
« on: May 29, 2015, 09:26:40 AM »
After I finish the Lucas review ( hopefully this weekend )  I was wondering if you guys would be interested in a monthly head to head review of shoes that were similar that you were considering trying?  I'd only do it once a month due to cost and how much I get to skate and the time I'd need to give you a good test of the shoes.  If there is interest, I'll definitely start doing it, if not I'll just keep buying these Lucas adv's for a while as I'm really enjoying them.  Anyway an example of what I was considering was this whole capped craze going on right now, maybe the Huf Classic vs the Nike CK shoe if those are out yet.  But probably do a poll and see what shoes you guys are interested in seeing tested monthly and then do those.  Thoughts/opinions?

iwishilivedinfinla

Re: Shoe review head to head
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:31:40 AM »
do it.

IanBZHD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:07:20 PM »
Good idea, since the craze is hot right now... Nike CK, Huf Classic, DC Evan Smith, and the new Cons shoe coming out.
That would put all the ducks in line for rubber toe shoes.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 01:19:56 PM »
definitely would be really interesting to read those reviews, I'm all for it its a good idea. I read on here the CK1's arent due until November-ish so that one might have to wait for a while but for sure would be a good one to do

ZEBRA

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 11:11:50 PM »
Yeah, you should wait until all the rubber toe cap vulc shoes drop to review and compare them all. Would be cool.

Also, when comparing/reviewing, a more in depth review would be awesome. Like, toe box depth and shape. Width of the shoe. Maybe weight??

Dengles

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 11:33:40 PM »
CKs vs Huf classics would be a great review.  I don't think the CKs are dropping till November though.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 01:40:33 AM »
CKs vs Huf classics would be a great review.  I don't think the CKs are dropping till November though.
Not that I have any myself, but I'm sure somebody on SLAP has enough pull to get this man some samples if there's marketing/review that's going to be done.

Who's got a round of CK1's to test?  ;D (P.S: I'm sample size)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 01:35:47 PM »
Mentioned it before but throw in a Jack Purcell. 

Dengles

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 11:16:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not that I have any myself, but I'm sure somebody on SLAP has enough pull to get this man some samples if there's marketing/review that's going to be done.

Who's got a round of CK1's to test?  ;D (P.S: I'm sample size)
'
Oooo! Someone give me a pair I can rant about stuff for days, so I could do a good review. 

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 827
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 12:17:30 AM »
Maybe the Nike Project BA VS. the Emerica Westgate. They have kind of a similar shape and a running toe. i tried the Westgate's for an hour or so and my kickflips didn't flip right so i started skating the BA's. Might have to re visit the Westgate's next

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 02:51:30 AM »
Maybe the Nike Project BA VS. the Emerica Westgate. They have kind of a similar shape and a running toe. i tried the Westgate's for an hour or so and my kickflips didn't flip right so i started skating the BA's. Might have to re visit the Westgate's next

Ripped laces done that a while ago. Take a look!
http://www.rippedlaces.com/2013/11/runner-toe-rivals-nike-sb-ba-vs-emerica-westgate/

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 09:19:55 PM »
Head to head reviews sounds cool. I liked the Lucas one you did. There are certainly some good shoes to compare out there.

coneklr

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 11:03:01 AM »
Seems like there is some interest.  I'll probably only do 2 shoes at a time because I'm not sure I'd have time to thoroughly test more than that and since I'll be giving a clear opinion on what I think the better shoe is, I doubt companies would give me shoes so all of this will be out of pocket so I can't go to crazy.  Also as stated the rubber toe cap shoes will have to wait until the ck one is released as I'd love that to go against the huf shoe.  In the meantime I'll finish the Lucas review and then put up a thread to determine the next two to go at it. 

artsy

• Rep: 14
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 02:51:33 PM »
would love to see Vans Slip-On Pro vs. Lakai Owen

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 03:01:18 PM »
The leo's v.s Figgy's would be a good one since they are almost identical. Everyone seems to always say the figgys though.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 05:49:26 PM »
Id but tickets to a D3 vs D3 matchup.....

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 06:05:23 PM »
yep lol @ MJ

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 827
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 10:36:15 PM »
i was thinking of a slip on Royal Rumble. Vans vs. Lakai vs. Dekline vs. Adidas vs. Supra vs. Vox ( think they might have a new slip on coming out) any other companies making a slip on?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 10:57:40 PM »

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 07:47:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i was thinking of a slip on Royal Rumble. Vans vs. Lakai vs. Dekline vs. Adidas vs. Supra vs. Vox ( think they might have a new slip on coming out) any other companies making a slip on?
Nike had one a while back, the Verona.