Author Topic: why does everyone put bones bushings in their trucks  (Read 25652 times)

Jordick

Re: why does everyone put bones bushings in their trucks
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 10:53:36 PM »
Had a set of hard and mediums of bones bushings. Hate them. I like indy or thunder bushings.

Chavo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 11:21:25 PM »
They feel good without break in time but tend to crack quickly. Powell has a good warranty policy but I did not want to keep having the same problems so back to stock Indy bushings.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 07:28:13 AM »
Indy stock bushings aren't even that bad when you break em in. Had a set for close to a year with no problems.
Currently skating a set of the aftermarket Indy bushings (the green creature ones, they're like 90a or somewhere close to that) and they feel really good.
Has anyone ever skated thunder bushings in Indy trucks? I did years ago and they felt really good, 94a thunder aftermarkets. Then I tried it again a year later with another set of 94a thunder aftermarkets but they made the indys feel all squirrelly and unstable that time around. I've tried thunder bushings on a few more occasions since then but they still always make indys feel weird.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2015, 09:38:55 AM »
I used to skate the soft bones, before that the medium bones. Now I am skating Thunder bushings in thunder trucks and they're fine. I squished out the medium bones and the soft ones but they felt okay.

I also am not very fussy when it comes to hardware stuff. I will skate wheels for almost a year before I realize they've been dead for a while...
p-shuvs and v-flips

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2015, 09:40:59 AM »
Stock Indy bushings are the way to go. Bones Bushings fucking suck. Can't stand that they have that little plastic washer on the bottom of it. Why can't it just be flat? I was just about to put my stock washer on. Not to mention they're so soft, I can split them in a few weeks and I don't even skate tight trucks. Only thing Bones Bushings are good for, are people with really tight trucks and need that hawwrrdddd.

ohtight

• Rep: 19
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2015, 10:07:44 AM »
Probably because kids tighten the shit out of their trucks when they first get them, causing the stock ones to crack. Not knowing anything, they think they have to get new bushings so they ride over to zumiez and grab whatever they have, which are bones bushings.
zzz

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2015, 12:01:55 PM »
Skate tight trucks.

I know it's all personal preference but tight trucks are the worst.

Jordick

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2015, 10:33:08 PM »
Indy stock bushings aren't even that bad when you break em in. Had a set for close to a year with no problems.
Currently skating a set of the aftermarket Indy bushings (the green creature ones, they're like 90a or somewhere close to that) and they feel really good.
Has anyone ever skated thunder bushings in Indy trucks? I did years ago and they felt really good, 94a thunder aftermarkets. Then I tried it again a year later with another set of 94a thunder aftermarkets but they made the indys feel all squirrelly and unstable that time around. I've tried thunder bushings on a few more occasions since then but they still always make indys feel weird.
I do, it's a really interesting feel. Not quite like Indy, not quite like thunder. Not bad overall.  They are the 90a durometer ones.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2015, 07:57:53 PM »
I don't know why everyone rides them but I started after reading a "tnt" interview and he said to do it so fuk why not.  Their good if you like your trucks to return to Centre.  What's "weird" about changing you're bushings? (You can buy urathane pivot cups now too)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2015, 06:53:42 PM »
Harder bushings equal more pop.
They also promise quicker and harder turns because of the little core thing in there.

Sounds like youre talking out of your ass if you ask me

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2015, 07:59:53 PM »
I've skated with a Bone's hard bushing on top and a stock Indy bushing on the bottom for the last 10+ years. I tried a lot of different variations and I like this one the best. I never had a problem with Bone's bushings. The last set I had lasted 3 years, and I only stopped skating them because I got new trucks.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2015, 08:45:04 PM »
Ive been skating the green 94 a deluxe "bait and tackle" bushings. Pretty sure they used to come stock in ventures back in the day? Anyway, they are great.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2015, 10:27:14 PM »
because indy stocks don't feel like they used to :'(

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ginz2

• Rep: 4
  • i seent it.
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »
swore by the soft blue dohdohs forever, then those became a pain in the ass to find. tried soft bones and those were destroyed after a couple sessions. fell in love with yellow bones and now im destroying those.

but they definitely feel good.
grom n proud

jadernyc

• Rep: -1
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2015, 01:34:38 PM »
stock bushings are the way to go in my experience, otherwise it fucks with the symmetry of the truck. aftermarket jawns just go bad more quickly.

Srt32srt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2021, 08:05:29 AM »
are they really better than stock bushings? I skate thunders and use the stock thunder bushings but it seems like everyone puts bones bushings in their trucks. whats up with this? wouldn't the stock bushings be better since they are technically designed for the truck they are in?

people just dont like breaking in their bushings. but all brands of trucks i broke in stock without moving the kingpin nut until they are broken in. each brand of truck makes their bushings specifically for their trucks. different height bushings will change the geometry of the truck. bones bushings usually break after a month or so and arent worth it in my opinion. i have a set of medium and a set of hard new sitting in my setup box. break in your bushings right and they will last the life of the trucks. happy shredding!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2021, 08:42:59 AM »
six years later?!

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2021, 08:57:02 AM »
They are the Swiss version of bushings.
Finally someone gets it

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2021, 09:39:07 AM »
Bones hard bushings creak and restrict turning. Everyone uses them.

IpathCats

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2021, 09:44:14 AM »
Bones bushings seem to have little to no break in period, so i can see why pros would like them if they're going through gear a lot, it would help them keep a more consistent feel. I've never been a huge fan personally, but i did enjoy the soft ones when I was trying ventures out. Those were the only things that made those trucks tolerable.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 59
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2021, 12:32:44 PM »
They turn regular Thunder Hollows into Thunder hellos.

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2021, 12:58:22 PM »
i love how slap doesnt really get mad that a newbie just bumped a six year old topic and everyone just continues convo like nothing happened.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1132
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2021, 01:37:52 PM »
bones bushings still suck. 6 years since this topic and i still feel very strongly about this. who the fuck wants to hear their bushings “pop” every time they lean to one side.

Baswell Cerry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2021, 01:40:32 PM »
My stock Thunder bushings from 2016 lasted longer than some bones meds from last year. Wasn't stoked
[Applause]

drcroc

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2021, 02:42:49 PM »
I must weigh in that I skated the Krux stock bushings on a set of black trucks (black bushings) and not only were they basically rock hard, they also made this incredibly annoying and distracting loud squeaking noises... And I even lubed them up to see if it would go away... It Didn't. And they never really broke in even after skating them everyday for 2 months. My board was always tilted and locked the fuck in to the right or left depending on what side I stepped on last.

Needless to say I finally put bones or doh dohs mediums in and I finally felt what the trucks were like and enjoyed skating the board.

Return2monke

• Rep: -28
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2021, 03:01:05 PM »
are they really better than stock bushings? I skate thunders and use the stock thunder bushings but it seems like everyone puts bones bushings in their trucks. whats up with this? wouldn't the stock bushings be better since they are technically designed for the truck they are in?

Bone bushings are trash from my experience. The stock Indy bushings or even doh dohs are better IMO. Bones bushings blow out so fast and then just stop working and get suppppperr loose.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2021, 03:02:00 PM »
bones bushings still suck. 6 years since this topic and i still feel very strongly about this. who the fuck wants to hear their bushings “pop” every time they lean to one side.

100%. I tried a few sets back when they were relatively new and that clicking drove me nuts, plus they kept coming out of the bushing seat of my trucks. Then I noticed they has separated from the core.

Bones Swiss are good, and STF's are good. Literally everything else Skate One makes is junk and seems like it was designed by a 50 year old who hasn't seen a modern skate product since the 80's.

newguy

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2021, 03:13:15 PM »
lol I don’t understand why everyone on here seems to have such shitty experiences with the bones/venture combo. I’ve had ventures and bones medium ever since I started and I’ve always loved how loose my trucks felt, I also never got the saying that ventures don’t turn, my ventures are slippery as hell and I often turn too steep and end up powersliding by accident.

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2021, 03:42:13 PM »
Its tricky for me to figure out when it’s time to replace my bones bushings.Does it fuck up your flips?

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2021, 03:46:22 PM »
Fuck yea dood