Author Topic: why does everyone put bones bushings in their trucks  (Read 25656 times)

Idk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: why does everyone put bones bushings in their trucks
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2021, 04:08:17 PM »
Julien Stranger rocks them in his aces. Idk how he handles that squeaking.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2021, 04:11:45 PM »
Best bushings. You can run your trucks super tight as you want and they don't crack.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2021, 04:12:19 PM »
everyones a buster

do you

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2021, 04:59:23 PM »
Don’t change your bushings unless they explode.

Stock shit goes hard.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2021, 05:16:59 PM »
Doh doh super softs in a pair of thunder 149’s hi’s was the best setup I ever skated.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2021, 05:26:49 PM »
The idea of using anything other than bones bushings, bearings, or wheels strikes me as insane.

It is amazing that Bones can do so well with their wheels, bearings, and bushings despite having a weak brand image. Even when they get decent riders they do nothing with them.

Is Jared the TM there? What the hell does he get paid for?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

drcroc

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2021, 06:07:39 PM »
lol I don’t understand why everyone on here seems to have such shitty experiences with the bones/venture combo. I’ve had ventures and bones medium ever since I started and I’ve always loved how loose my trucks felt, I also never got the saying that ventures don’t turn, my ventures are slippery as hell and I often turn too steep and end up powersliding by accident.

I skated Ventures and thought, "Wow these are kinda steezy like making me slide all over the place..." also felt I was superrrr low to the ground... Turns out they were the Venture Hi's... I wonder how the lows are...

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2021, 08:15:22 PM »
Expand Quote
bones bushings still suck. 6 years since this topic and i still feel very strongly about this. who the fuck wants to hear their bushings “pop” every time they lean to one side.
[close]

100%. I tried a few sets back when they were relatively new and that clicking drove me nuts, plus they kept coming out of the bushing seat of my trucks. Then I noticed they has separated from the core.

Bones Swiss are good, and STF's are good. Literally everything else Skate One makes is junk and seems like it was designed by a 50 year old who hasn't seen a modern skate product since the 80's.

Miserable Old Sack of Shit

• Rep: 31
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2021, 08:47:20 PM »
I didn't read much of this thread but I remember when I was a kid, the stock bushings in most trucks would have air bubbles in them and they'd shred and break and the trucks would steer off to one side cause the bushings would hold this fucked up shape. Years later somebody told me about Bones bushings. They never break and had basically no break in period. And I've been using the same set for many many years.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2021, 08:58:57 PM »
I didn't read much of this thread but I remember when I was a kid, the stock bushings in most trucks would have air bubbles in them and they'd shred and break and the trucks would steer off to one side cause the bushings would hold this fucked up shape. Years later somebody told me about Bones bushings. They never break and had basically no break in period. And I've been using the same set for many many years.

That's what's weird for me to hear - although you're right they have no break in period, it seems like a good deal of people have the same issue of them making a clicking noise (the core snapping against the edge of the kingpin hole in the hangar), and the bushings separating from the core, losing their shape, and popping out of the bushing seat in the hangar. It's happened to literally every set I had pretty quick. Sure, they didn't "split", but they were unrideable once they separated from the core and lost their shape. I just use stock Thunder bushings, and their upgrade kit costs less than a set of Bones bushings, but comes with 4 axle nuts, a full set of kingpin washers, and pivot cups. Crazy good deal.

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -63
  • eight equals d
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2021, 09:03:58 PM »

Stock shit goes hard.

venture's disagrees
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2021, 09:31:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Stock shit goes hard.
[close]

venture's disagrees
I did have to buy some new supercush bushings a couple of weeks ago, but they might as well be stock.

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -63
  • eight equals d
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2021, 09:40:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Stock shit goes hard.
[close]

venture's disagrees
[close]
I did have to buy some new supercush bushings a couple of weeks ago, but they might as well be stock.

which ones did you get, i usually swap my stock for the orange soft supercush bushings and they feel nice and surfy
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2021, 09:52:06 PM »
I use riptide bushings on my ventures, I can turn all the way to wheelbite and they return to straight right after, I love my ventures
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

GetSnaked

• Rep: -3
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2021, 09:56:36 PM »
i love how slap doesnt really get mad that a newbie just bumped a six year old topic and everyone just continues convo like nothing happened.
I did this on skateboard city and I never lived it down.  Fuck them punks tho.
i get the joke it's just not funny and doing school for a long time doesn't make you not a dipshit.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You little zoomers that came up at zoomies don’t know shit and you need to read a fucking book and put

newguy

« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2021, 10:26:55 PM »
Expand Quote
i love how slap doesnt really get mad that a newbie just bumped a six year old topic and everyone just continues convo like nothing happened.
[close]
I did this on skateboard city and I never lived it down.  Fuck them punks tho.

There’s a reason slap is more popular that skate city and people not giving two shits about outrageous necro is one of them

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2021, 10:35:28 PM »
I think lots of posters here are so old that they get confused about whether they recognize a thread because it’s recent or if they actually just remember it from the first time around, then forget to get mad and can’t find their reading glasses to check the date anyway.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2021, 10:40:06 PM »
I ride Indys so I don't need to mess with my bushings at all
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1134
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2021, 10:48:10 PM »
why would you care about bushings when you ride 40 pound shit metal?

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2021, 10:49:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
why would you care about bushings when you ride 40 pound shit metal?

I ride Hollows and Adamantiums
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

bennduko

• Rep: 0
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2021, 11:51:50 PM »
They have a wierd clicking and that droved me crazy too (like BugleBites ;)). But I'm a picky person about the sounds my board makes. I think it comes from the inner plastic cylinder in bones bushings.
And I had to retighten them everey week or so, that was a bit anoying too.
Now riding stock bushings and I'm fine.

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2021, 05:08:58 AM »
i fell for the hype when i was on Indys and while they have no 'break in' time, they are basically trash, but since I've been on Aces I have no need for all that bs. I'm not sure who convinced all these people that they need these.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2021, 05:31:07 AM »
When I came back to skating after a 20y hiatus I copped Indys and automatically tightened them like mad because that’s what I did when I was skating in the 90s. This cut the Indy stock bushings immediately so I did some research, including SLAP (maybe even this thread) and then copped Bones HC bushings and tightened them like a madman, whereupon they immediately disintegrated. Went back to the shop and they gave me a new set for free but the skate shop guy looked at my set up and told me to ride looser, which I did. The Bones worked well for some months until they turned to mush. I got a new set and it took a few sessions to break them in. As I am now riding nuts flush I guess stock or aftermarket bushings would work as well. I have some conical blues and might put them on when the Bones get crushed.

Tl;dr I ride Bones but only because I’m a kook.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2021, 06:16:28 AM »
i fell for the hype when i was on Indys and while they have no 'break in' time, they are basically trash, but since I've been on Aces I have no need for all that bs. I'm not sure who convinced all these people that they need these.

This guy knows

Bones yellows used to be the best but they crumble in a month now, Ace stock bushings are the nicest out.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2021, 06:18:24 AM »

In the gear section, someone bumped a thread from the first term of Obama and everyone just picked up and carried on
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2021, 06:18:31 AM »
Because it’s trendy? They really are not that great,I mean they are for about 2 weeks then the hard built in bushing cracks the rest of the bushing and they suck. Doesn’t matter how loose your trucks are or how much you weigh they always fail quickly. So either have to replace them constantly or use different ones. If your ok with adding lots of bushings to the landfills I guess they will work for you though. Just my experience.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

IpathCats

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2021, 06:19:49 AM »

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2021, 06:21:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This guy knows

Bones yellows used to be the best but they crumble in a month now, Ace stock bushings are the nicest out.
If you ride Ventures, Venture stock bushings are the best.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

newguy

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2021, 06:44:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In the gear section, someone bumped a thread from the first term of Obama and everyone just picked up and carried on

I love this place

newguy

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2021, 06:46:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This guy knows

[close]
If you ride Ventures, Venture stock bushings are the best.

I wish I kept mine, but my friends bushings were literally cereal dust when I was installing them on my board, purple venture bushings rule