Author Topic: RIP Ryan Dewitt (Former Element TM, Vans Marketing Manager)  (Read 19142 times)

REGS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109

Damn. I know a few of the SLAP forum guys knew him, sad day indeed.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: RIP Ryan Dewitt (Former Element TM, Vans Marketing Manager)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:28:25 PM »
RIP muh man.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 08:58:23 PM »
Damn RIP
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

SLAYERrules666

• Rep: -9
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
always down to earth and easy to talk to. sad to hear this. does anyone have any details?

virginsiloveem

• Rep: -11
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 04:21:19 AM »
Dude this is nuts. Heard he was moving up in vans too. This guy used to hook up so much shit for the north east, whether it was events or shop employees. Talked to him a bit at the polar x cons event in New York and was hilarious. Crazy.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 06:20:25 AM »
I'd heard the news and didn't want to believe it.  Ryan would've given you the shirt off his back, he was one of the most stand up human beings I've ever met.  He really inspired you to be a nicer person.  Ryan Dewitt always and forever! 
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 07:38:09 AM »
Whoa.  He was a good guy.  RIP  What happened?

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »
What happened?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2238
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 10:36:30 AM »
Damn that sucks. Had a chance to meet him and hang out with him for three days in the early 2000s when hosting an Element tour and showing the guys around in a couple cities in Canada here. Dude was so nice and so real. He always left a lasting impression on me with this story I think of often.

I took all the dudes to a spot at a school in Regina and at one point we noticed that on the side of the building there was a little bat with his wing caught in the crack beside the window frame struggling to get free. Dewitt scaled the wall along the window ledge and gently helped the bat get free all the while telling a very young Terry Kennedy to fuck off as he threw a half full water bottle at the bat trying to kill it. He got the bat free and it flew away to safety.

You can tell a lot about a person from actions like that, and to me it told me instantly he was obviously an amazing dude. A sad loss.

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »
Damn that sucks. Had a chance to meet him and hang out with him for three days in the early 2000s when hosting an Element tour and showing the guys around in a couple cities in Canada here. Dude was so nice and so real. He always left a lasting impression on me with this story I think of often.

I took all the dudes to a spot at a school in Regina and at one point we noticed that on the side of the building there was a little bat with his wing caught in the crack beside the window frame struggling to get free. Dewitt scaled the wall along the window ledge and gently helped the bat get free all the while telling a very young Terry Kennedy to fuck off as he threw a half full water bottle at the bat trying to kill it. He got the bat free and it flew away to safety.

You can tell a lot about a person from actions like that, and to me it told me instantly he was obviously an amazing dude. A sad loss.

It's awesome you told the bat story.  Being a nature nerd myself, Dewitt and I used to dork out all the time about birding and all the photos that I shoot and he told me the bat thing one time, I was so stoked.  Also bummed me out and made me look at Terry a little differently too.  Kooks trying to kill shit for no reason is lame. 
Yesterday was a bummer to hear of his passing. 

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 10:50:31 AM »
Rest In Peace

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2238
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 10:54:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's awesome you told the bat story.  Being a nature nerd myself, Dewitt and I used to dork out all the time about birding and all the photos that I shoot and he told me the bat thing one time, I was so stoked.  Also bummed me out and made me look at Terry a little differently too.  Kooks trying to kill shit for no reason is lame. 
Yesterday was a bummer to hear of his passing. 

Ahaha sick that's awesome that the story stuck with him too, but that's the kind of thing I guess that sticks with a person. Not to derail the thread with a conversation about that at all but that bummed me out on TK too. But in his defense that was at least 10 years ago if not more, a lot about a person can change in that time so I don't want to judge him too badly on that one time. Either way great memory of Dewitt he was obviously a great dude.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 11:45:43 AM »
Damn.... R.I.P.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 12:51:49 PM »

that story rules.  he was friends with alot of my friends and i never heard a bad thing about him.

he was apparently found dead in a hotel room.  he wasn't a partyer anymore than the next guy so it makese this all very odd.  

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 01:50:58 PM »
RIP dude

Vlade Divac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 02:08:47 PM »
Awful news, such a good guy. RIP...
"Whitley is filet mignon.  Vlade is spam."

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 04:37:51 PM »
This is a bummer. I met him a few times and he was really cool.