Author Topic: Travels to NYC or LA  (Read 1731 times)

foley_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Travels to NYC or LA
« on: June 10, 2015, 01:28:32 PM »
I've got the opportunity this summer to travel to the US and wondered what would be the 'better' option. I've got two weeks to play with and can't decide where i'd rather go to NYC or LA for a trip. I'm trying to think in terms of tourism too (i've never been to either place) and ease of getting around/transport, also need to consider how much one city will cost vs the other. What is the better package deal/any recommendations pals?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Travels to NYC or LA
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
NY in the summer can't be beat, it's close to PA and many large cities

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 05:52:38 PM »
I feel like you could accomplish more in NYC in 2 weeks than in LA. 

If you come to LA you'll spend 1/4 of that time sitting in a car.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

raw

• Rep: -42
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 06:45:43 PM »
nyc 100%

if you wanted to you could take a path train to philly, but you will have more than enough to do in nyc and pretty much everything worth going to is train accessible. the subway rates are flat rates of $2.50 or $2.75 and the warm season is the to go. the night scene is great too. that may be the best part of it actually, skating midtown at night.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »
NYC for sure and this is coming from someone who lives an hour away from L.A. I was in NYC in april and had so much fun.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 01:20:19 PM »
Grew up on LI, skated NYC. Currently live in and skate in L.A. (mostly parks and close by street, which sucks).

I strongly suggest NYC based solely on Public transportation to and from spots. Oh, and the fact that every curb is metal edged ;)

Pretty sure LA proper has more parks than NYC (hell I'm within 15min of three parks where I'm sitting and a popular spot or two) but has the worst public transit to get from spot to spot.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 06:46:49 PM by Xen »

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
either way you'll be spending the same amount of money give or take.  its a trade off whether its transportation or housing. activities etc.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 04:20:20 PM »
I'd do NYC for sure. You can get anywhere in NYC easily using public transportation, do more, see more culture, there are tons of girls there, you can get to other cool East Coast zones (Philly, NJ, Mass, etc.) fairly easily, and now there are a bunch of parks popping up there as well. I'm probably biased though, I'm not really a fan of anywhere in LA besides where my friends are in the Santa Monica area.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 09:33:12 PM »
Definitely NY. In LA you'd probably have to hassle with a rental car or something to get anywhere/everywhere.