Author Topic: Willy Santos 2015 Video Part - Connecting The Dots  (Read 4357 times)

stephop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
Re: Willy Santos 2015 Video Part - Connecting The Dots
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 05:05:04 AM »
First line reminded me of my favorite late shuv it of all time

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2015, 08:49:46 AM »
Really great to see willy still killing it,  still there was a lot of unnecessary footage in there?
And please more sarcasm shit fr brains this place def needs more.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2015, 12:27:44 PM »
it wasn't over thought like so many videos now a days. there was probably some throw away footage in questionable, some switch 180 scrapper down a 4 stair followed by a front shuv grind down a rail. dunno it's what drew me into it.

funniest thing was santos while being interviewed in his 411 profile i believe #5:

interviewer: do you have GF?
willy: yeah
interviewer: is she pretty?
willy: no

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -275
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2015, 12:11:04 AM »
As an old fuck myself I love to see old fucks ripping and even better when it's an old fuck ripping in the street.
Willy has been so good for so fucking long, skateboarding needs to hang his jersey up in the rafters when he finally retires because he's a fucking champion and an all around killer. He could have easily filmed a mini ramp/transition part (dude is stupid good at that shit, always has been) but I love that he went out and made a legit street part that came correct.
Fuck yes.

Well said, shitbag. Have a gnar.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2015, 01:23:54 AM »
Was that really Webb Park?  I thought that place was long gone.  Anyways, awesome part.  He was right up there as one of the best, right along with Koston at the time.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 01:40:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Surprised that Willy is only 39 which makes him younger than Koston and The Chief.�  I really thought he was a few years older than those dudes
[close]
Only 39?! Fuck. I thought he was already well into his 40s, like Klein and Hawk.

Holy shit that really puts all their skating into perspective. Don't get me wrong I loved this part and I'm hyped on Willy but if Koston or the Chief released the same sort of part I'm sure many of us would of reacted a little differently (myself included). Skateboarding is getting insane on how old people can be but still keep going. I'm just hoping I can still ollie on a board when I turn 26 soon (fuck knees).
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

sharkbarf

• Rep: 2
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2015, 08:07:09 AM »
Willy is the man! Still got the same feel good vibe as when I watched his first video parts.