Author Topic: The other shoes thread  (Read 53727 times)

The Woodsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
Re: The other shoes thread
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2016, 12:45:34 PM »

got these for work, on my feet all day and they work like a charm. Best thing I've done for my feet, back and knees.

The most comfortable shoes for being on your feet all day are the fresh foam ones, I used to work in a warehouse 4 12 hour shifts in a row loading trucks and these were the only thing I could wear that wouldnt make me need to lay in bed and recover for all 3 of my days off.

http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/detail.asp?style=M1980EP

If you want some more casual and less runner looking all of these are sick

http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/search_results.asp
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2016, 12:57:47 PM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=86144.msg2450096#msg2450096 date=1455448719
Expand Quote

New Balance 574 for walking and

Adidas gazelle's from 90's for chillin', both same colorways as shown above.
[close]
have you tried skating those gazelles? Been thinking about getting em but $80 for a shoe that wasn't made for skating seems steep.

If you want to get those go for the Gazelle 2. It's slightly cheaper and looks better as a skate shoe imo. Keep in mind that you will have flat soles in a blink of an eye too because the tread pattern is pretty shallow.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jordick

« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2016, 08:50:02 PM »

Can anybody identify these things?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2016, 09:18:49 PM »

windows 95 bill gates pro model

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2016, 11:27:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

windows 95 bill gates pro model

Ahahah... They are the air trainer 3's. They look sick in the white/gum or black/gum colorways.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #215 on: February 16, 2016, 02:01:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=86144.msg2450096#msg2450096 date=1455448719
Expand Quote

[close]
have you tried skating those gazelles? Been thinking about getting em but $80 for a shoe that wasn't made for skating seems steep.
[close]

If you want to get those go for the Gazelle 2. It's slightly cheaper and looks better as a skate shoe imo. Keep in mind that you will have flat soles in a blink of an eye too because the tread pattern is pretty shallow.

Last time i skated gazelle's was like -96, bout same when airwalk one's were the shit. Shitty shoe to skate imo, as stated above the sole pattern was/is too weak and wear off(or should i say of ;) ) in days. Only skated those because they were cheap at that time, same as superstars which i preferred more. Haven't try gazelle 2's yet, if im gonna see them in sales racks then maybe i will get pair but just for walking/good looks.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Scott/Howard

« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2016, 05:37:20 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=86144.msg2451197#msg2451197 date=1455616863
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Last time i skated gazelle's was like -96, bout same when airwalk one's were the shit. Shitty shoe to skate imo, as stated above the sole pattern was/is too weak and wear off(or should i say of ;) ) in days. Only skated those because they were cheap at that time, same as superstars which i preferred more. Haven't try gazelle 2's yet, if im gonna see them in sales racks then maybe i will get pair but just for walking/good looks.
Look at the sole of the Gazelle and compare it to the Campus or Shell(which both have the same sole) and you will realize why the Campus and Shell were favored more so that that of the Gazelle in the 90's.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2016, 11:45:25 PM »

It's snowing again so it's time for these, got them bout 2002 and still kickin'. Hopefully they're releasing the new cats soon, they were my #1 wintershoes, miss them.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2016, 03:41:38 AM »

It's snowing again so it's time for these, got them bout 2002 and still kickin'. Hopefully they're releasing the new cats soon, they were my #1 wintershoes, miss them.

so sick

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2016, 07:22:29 PM »
Nice retro i-paths you got there krooked antihero

Got a pair of these the other day for work and they are literally the comfiest, not to mention lightest, shoes I have ever worn

http://www.belle-co.jp/item/WWING/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:35:27 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

straight

« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2016, 07:25:11 PM »

Jordick

« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2016, 09:08:07 PM »
^damn, I dig those. I imagine the green ones must look insanely clean in person.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #222 on: March 05, 2016, 08:34:28 AM »

Highly recommended and a nice little back lash at all of the "knit" shoes on the market

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2016, 06:19:55 PM »
I've been away for a while guys but I'm going to bring this one back cuz I was lurking the shoes thread and found this:

Expand Quote
Quiet Life x Saucony. Not for skating, but very comfortable.
[close]
Those are fireeee!

Just got a pair of these when I was recently back in Aus (my ankles aren't that hairy though)

90s Sauconys are MINT!!!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #224 on: June 10, 2016, 02:13:01 AM »
I've been away for a while guys but I'm going to bring this one back cuz I was lurking the shoes thread and found this:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quiet Life x Saucony. Not for skating, but very comfortable.
[close]
Those are fireeee!
[close]

Just got a pair of these when I was recently back in Aus (my ankles aren't that hairy though)

90s Sauconys are MINT!!!

I had some of those in hand yesterday! They are so dope. I also love the grid 8000 (my favourites) and the 9000 are dope too... it's getting easier to find sauconys here finally.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2016, 05:33:51 AM »
For chillin

For running (with black laces)

For fancy shit

swag nollies

« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2016, 10:11:50 AM »

Id take some grey air max too.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »
im glad i found this thread... i really, really like the OG suede gazelles, bought a lot of them back in like 2007/08 off zappos for so cheap. seemed like you could get them online most places for like 60 bucks or so.. so what happened with the price? i can't find them for less than 100 anywhere now, and it seems like they are far less available now. did they discontinue them or something? that shoe is so dear to my heart. i want to feel like jed from love child at least one more time in my little life.
I think they are being vamped up as an alternative to the stan smith in the fashion world, which may have something to do with it

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »
Expand Quote
im glad i found this thread... i really, really like the OG suede gazelles, bought a lot of them back in like 2007/08 off zappos for so cheap. seemed like you could get them online most places for like 60 bucks or so.. so what happened with the price? i can't find them for less than 100 anywhere now, and it seems like they are far less available now. did they discontinue them or something? that shoe is so dear to my heart. i want to feel like jed from love child at least one more time in my little life.
[close]
I think they are being vamped up as an alternative to the stan smith in the fashion world, which may have something to do with it

Yeah, something like that.
Today i was at a adidas store and they had some gazelles for 100 euros which is too fucking much for that shoe. I would rather get some samba's or spezials... One thing I never liked about gazelles is how shallower the tread pattern is, but other than that they are sick.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2016, 10:46:06 PM »
I had some of those in hand yesterday! They are so dope. I also love the grid 8000 (my favourites) and the 9000 are dope too... it's getting easier to find sauconys here finally.

Nice, did you see the red/ maroon colourway? Almost went with it but figured these would be a lot easier to match with different fits. Dude, they are SOOOOO comfy; easily the best runners I've had in the last 5 years. Tried on the 9000s but the toe box seemed to cramped for me... they've got some fire colourways though.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2016, 03:00:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice, did you see the red/ maroon colourway? Almost went with it but figured these would be a lot easier to match with different fits. Dude, they are SOOOOO comfy; easily the best runners I've had in the last 5 years. Tried on the 9000s but the toe box seemed to cramped for me... they've got some fire colourways though.

Expand Quote
[close]

Red with grey? They had those, they're sick. They also had one black wih an orange toe which was cool too. The 9000 had the sock type construction isnt it? They may feel too tight to some people.

Today I'm going to the outlet see if I find some gems on the Nike store. They had some huarache's internacional for the low low as i was told. That silhouette is really cool, if i like them on feet I may get them. They also got the air cruz for 35euros (crazy), but i dont like that shoe that much...
I also got there some airmax 95's for my girl like 2 months ago for 27euros (in a really nice colorway), which is crazy low here (the retail price is 180!). I'm kinda jeaulous of her honestly!

They have a puma, Reebok and asics store on the outlet but the price's arent that low... nike and converse ones are the best.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2016, 05:23:59 PM »
Outlet recap:

Air Icarus, OG colorway and only pair there. 60 euros, not that bad. They even came with custom arch supports to put under the insoles. The fit on those is insanely perfect and I love the retro runner look. Stoked.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2016, 06:12:35 PM »
Red with grey? They had those, they're sick. They also had one black wih an orange toe which was cool too. The 9000 had the sock type construction isnt it? They may feel too tight to some people.

Yep, the red with grey. I usually avoid red like the plague but they were very x2 clean! Yeah, both the grid I got and the 9000 are synth and thus super tight/ probably won't stretch that much. The 9000 also looks a lot bulkier on foot imo. Either way I'm more than stoked with my decision and the fit on these is ... to quote you "insanely perfect".  Nice catch with the Icarus. As you know I'm not a nike fanboy but they are definitely era specific; looks like they are straight out of a Windows 95 launch party :D

edit: I was also looking at some reebok gl 6000s and I'd basically narrowed down to them and the grids. The heel lock on the reeboks was fucking vice but for overall comfort the sauconys won!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 06:39:22 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #233 on: June 13, 2016, 02:25:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yep, the red with grey. I usually avoid red like the plague but they were very x2 clean! Yeah, both the grid I got and the 9000 are synth and thus super tight/ probably won't stretch that much. The 9000 also looks a lot bulkier on foot imo. Either way I'm more than stoked with my decision and the fit on these is ... to quote you "insanely perfect".  Nice catch with the Icarus. As you know I'm not a nike fanboy but they are definitely era specific; looks like they are straight out of a Windows 95 launch party :D

edit: I was also looking at some reebok gl 6000s and I'd basically narrowed down to them and the grids. The heel lock on the reeboks was fucking vice but for overall comfort the sauconys won!

Yeah i think you did better with chosing the sauconys, they arent as usual to see on someone's feet.

I'm really happy with those Icarus. The fit is not large at all but its not tight to the point of hurting the toes, and with the arch inserts they are even better. Its just perfect for my feet. I wish i had a skate shoe that had a fit like this. And they turn heads too! Bill gates is stoked! ;D

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #234 on: June 13, 2016, 08:02:30 PM »
Anyone know about a good dress shoe or casual shoe or skate shoe that comes in all black? Need to pick up some all black shoes.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -293
« Reply #235 on: June 13, 2016, 08:52:00 PM »

Id take some grey air max too.

You're kidding with that top pair right?  ??? ::)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: June 13, 2016, 09:53:26 PM »
But it would be like ... blue n' cream

Anyone know about a good dress shoe or casual shoe or skate shoe that comes in all black? Need to pick up some all black shoes.
Not feeling the jenkem/ Lakai collab (that have Marc's name on them even though he doesn't ride for them)?

swag nollies

« Reply #237 on: June 13, 2016, 11:13:04 PM »
Pffft gahh, those shits are dope. I guess any color wallabees would work, but they have to be blue, like with the cream though.

All black dress shoes just hit up some thrift shops, unless you plan on rockin em all the time.

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2016, 06:10:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
But it would be like ... blue n' cream

Expand Quote
[close]
Not feeling the jenkem/ Lakai collab (that have Marc's name on them even though he doesn't ride for them)?
I didn't even think about those! I'm not sure if there is a shop in my area that sells them though

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #239 on: June 14, 2016, 08:00:08 AM »
Was lucky enough to scoop up a pair of these for retail like two months after they released. Local store apparently got their shipment late. Saw them in the window and I just had to buy them. Wanted the white ones that just came out but I've been pretty broke lately.

Definitely my favourite shoes I own right now.