Author Topic: The other shoes thread  (Read 53705 times)

Still Tippin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The other shoes thread
« Reply #240 on: June 14, 2016, 09:50:44 AM »
Was lucky enough to scoop up a pair of these for retail like two months after they released. Local store apparently got their shipment late. Saw them in the window and I just had to buy them. Wanted the white ones that just came out but I've been pretty broke lately.

-nmd og-

Definitely my favourite shoes I own right now.

lucky find, wanted these so bad but will never pay the resale these are going at. i was in europe when these first came out and had a hard time finding an adidas originals stpre, and when i finally got to the barcelona one the only size left was a 13. adidas has been killing it for a good while now, wanted a pair of these as well but didn't want to drop the 200.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #241 on: June 14, 2016, 11:58:53 AM »
Was lucky enough to scoop up a pair of these for retail like two months after they released. Local store apparently got their shipment late. Saw them in the window and I just had to buy them. Wanted the white ones that just came out but I've been pretty broke lately.

The hype going with those NMD's is surreal... I see people buying lots of them here in Portugal just to resell and that's not common at all in here. People lining up in front of the stores and shit, pretty crazy. They're the shoe of the moment.
I had some of the mesh ones in the hand the other day and thought that they felt kinda cheap. The primeknit ones look a whole new level better. Adidas really did a great job hyping up those. Those OG's are actually my favourites along with the R1 Primeknit in Yellow/Gold.
I probably will never get them tho...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2016, 05:30:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The hype going with those NMD's is surreal... I see people buying lots of them here in Portugal just to resell and that's not common at all in here. People lining up in front of the stores and shit, pretty crazy. They're the shoe of the moment.

So that's why there was like 400 hypebeasts camping out the front of the adidas store on the gold coast while I was there? LOL
There nice don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure if they're worth camping over...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2016, 12:43:07 PM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2016, 03:28:06 PM »
quick question for you sneaker guys...

You ever get any of the custom adidas/nike's?  I was on the Adidas site and noticed that you can get customize some classic trainers like the Gazelle's and Samba's, and just wondering if anybody has tried this?  Were you happy with the quality? 

Jordick

« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2016, 07:54:07 PM »
My friend got some superstars with ULT engraved in gold lettering on there. It's just a superstar with some letters on it. Same quality.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #247 on: October 07, 2016, 02:47:42 AM »

You ever get any of the custom adidas/nike's?  I was on the Adidas site and noticed that you can get customize some classic trainers like the Gazelle's and Samba's, and just wondering if anybody has tried this?  Were you happy with the quality? 

I think they're the same. All the ones i've seen look same quality, just added letters (and cost). Ahah

Thanks for digging this thread out, i had almost forgotten about it.

Going to get some adidas alphabounce once i get some money. Found the OG amaris colorway at this small store near my town and was really surprised. I love the design on them and the price is good.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #248 on: October 07, 2016, 07:55:21 AM »
i know someone was talking about a skateable chelsea boot for a little while, but i just scored these for $23 for hanging out in but they look pretty skateable.

good come sausage

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #249 on: October 07, 2016, 08:05:37 AM »
i know someone was talking about a skateable chelsea boot for a little while, but i just scored these for $23 for hanging out in but they look pretty skateable.

Check those!  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jordick

« Reply #250 on: October 08, 2016, 02:06:45 PM »

Just copped these. Cmft dunks. I love em and they have the nice soft polyurethane midsole that my aj1's have. I wanna skate them though :/

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2016, 07:05:24 AM »
I used to skate these about 8 years ago and I stumbled on them the other day and im thinking about getting them to skate in again.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2016, 06:44:25 AM »

I've done Vans and a friend has done New Balance. Those came out with the typical quality level you'd expect as well.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2016, 09:39:03 AM »
Onitsuka Tiger Tokuten - Very thin and stable cup
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:43:27 AM by Firebert »

calvinsdream

« Reply #254 on: December 29, 2016, 05:21:55 PM »
Try the Huf sotos if you can. I thought the infinity rubber was a gimmick, but these shoes have lasted about five months now (my norm is a month for vans).

Joe Pesci

« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2017, 08:21:50 PM »
Any recommendations for a good shoe for walking? Obviously more supportive than a skate shoe, that still looks sick, and isn't crazy priced? So far from what I've seen I like the look of the Nike Free Rn, Asics Gel Lyte III and a couple others.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2017, 11:32:02 PM »
Any recommendations for a good shoe for walking? Obviously more supportive than a skate shoe, that still looks sick, and isn't crazy priced? So far from what I've seen I like the look of the Nike Free Rn, Asics Gel Lyte III and a couple others.
I like my new balance 574's, a lot.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2017, 01:30:51 AM »

I had some nike free OG's and they are one of my all time faves. Light and comfy, can be stylish too. The asics are comfy but kinda dated on the feet heaven departement.
If you want to be walking on clouds buy something with a boost sole. There's this new shoe coming out, called the iniki that is a cool crossover between new and old style:

Then the new EQT line is cool too...

They have the one in the middle that is an 90's upper with a boost outsole and feels amazing. You can probably find some pairs on sale from the past season, my friend got one and is in love.

Also there's this new NB that's came out recently called the 247 that looks like a dope chiller:

They look really premium but dont cost as much as the premium NB's... There's two more colors of this version then its coming out 4 more in a mesh upper that is probably cheaper.

I could do a huge a list, but this should do the job.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Joe Pesci

« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2017, 08:36:37 AM »
Thanks dude I'll be checking some of these out for sure, I also heard good things about the boost adidas and that sounds more like what I'm looking for anyway.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2017, 09:48:14 AM »
If you were thinking about adidas, the busenitz boost shoes are like $60 at skate warehouse, lots of sizes.
you never know about pre-cum 

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2017, 12:05:46 PM »
If you were thinking about adidas, the busenitz boost shoes are like $60 at skate warehouse, lots of sizes.

That's a great deal! The pure boost sole they used on those is heaven like!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2017, 01:49:41 PM »
There's this new shoe coming out, called the iniki that is a cool crossover between new and old style:
Those look really good.  Any info on the US release date?
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2017, 02:45:29 PM »
Expand Quote
There's this new shoe coming out, called the iniki that is a cool crossover between new and old style:
[close]
Those look really good.  Any info on the US release date?

I know they are dropping on 1st march in Europe. Probably the same in the US. The price is 119 euros so around 120usd I would say.
I want to get a pair too, they look amazing for a everyday shoe.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »
Those Inikis are dope. I want to treat myself to a nice pair of everyday shoes, but buy something really good... I'll wait until I can make a great purchase. Which means I'll wait until someone goes abroad to fetch me a nice pair of something good. Or Santa Claus.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2017, 04:33:10 PM »

I just ordered these after spending an hour finding my size in this color at retail.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2017, 04:49:30 PM »
NB's are the bomb in general but I've got a lot of saucony lurve at the moment
You on a strict adidas diet now Skatan ???

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Joe Pesci

« Reply #266 on: February 05, 2017, 07:43:32 PM »

Ended up getting these, Adidas Boost Response 3. Pretty stoked about the look and feel, also got them at a decent price.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:48:53 PM by Joe Pesci »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #267 on: February 05, 2017, 10:58:51 PM »
NB's are the bomb in general but I've got a lot of saucony lurve at the moment
You on a strict adidas diet now Skatan ???

Yeah! :'(

I cant wear anything else here at work. That, reebok is also an option since its adidas group and the classics like clarks, timbs or docMartens are fine too since its not direct competition.

20matar, yeah, your feet will love more than ever! But try to get them from abroad, because prices in brazil are ridiculous.

Krookedjuice, those are sweet af!

Joe pesci, I seen those at the outlet here, they look cool and its a decent price for the boost confort!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »

That was probably me, I've been raving about it for a solid couple of years. I've been wearing nothing but different kinds of leather boots since I got my motorcycle cause it's just convenient for not getting burnt and shit, I take it going skating too so.. Those look great though, I've found those kinds of chelseas to have super stiff soles, are those alright?

Anyway, these are my favorites so far for skateable boots:

Plus I got extra hyped on leather boots after seeing this picture of Dylan. Anyone else a boot guy?

Jordick

« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2017, 03:59:58 PM »
are those the shifters? fucking sick