Author Topic: Fuck Dylann Roof  (Read 4763 times)

excitableboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 93
Re: Fuck Dylann Roof
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »
I agree, Big Skatefase. Banning symbols is fighting symptoms rather than the disease itself. Take the flag away from an idiot and nothing is done about his ignorance.

That being said, most of the banning pertains to things like state license plates, no? That makes sense.

Edit: Guns are a bit more than symbols, though. But I see what you're saying.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:29:42 AM by excitableboy »

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2015, 10:15:42 AM »
Big Skatefase--
Not to water it down but you say the root of it all is just racism and white supremacy. But what's the root of those? People are lacking direction, become lost, it turns to anger and frustration- it's human nature to take out your frustrations on others. People who are genuinely happy with their own lives don't really care about angry and misled people...until something like this happens, and then everyone has an opinion and people want a quick fix reaction.

My point really is- plenty of white people have been born into racist families, have had that shit ingrained in them since day 1, but many of them grow through their own experiences, find happiness, and move as far away from that shit as possible. Racism and hate will hopefully die out with poverty, maybe in a few hundred years if we can start taking care of the planet. None of that will happen though when you have generations of kids who's only skill set is playing xbox live.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2015, 10:28:26 AM »
The only real positive from this is i hope this opens up the dialogue about true racism in this country. Not just white peoples right to say the N word or a flag, but deep honest discussions on the dangers of racism in the future, how we can explain to our children why his thought process is wrong and should not be tolerated, and what can we do as a society to just make it not as prevalent.

depends on where you live. my daughter just finished first grade, her class is very diverse and she doesn't even have a language to describe race or have any opinions that are based around race. you have to teach them that stuff. the only racial thing that came up in her class was that there was some kids telling the white kids that they were bad for what the white people did to martin luther king. we mostly only get involved to make sure that she doesn't buy into negative ideas like that but don't get involved in creating these categorizations. you can't really explain racism without first making them think in a way that is honestly, unnaturally for them.

just my experience so far being a dad who's kids are in a pretty diverse and liberal school.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2015, 10:36:04 AM »
Big Skatefase--
Not to water it down but you say the root of it all is just racism and white supremacy. But what's the root of those? People are lacking direction, become lost, it turns to anger and frustration- it's human nature to take out your frustrations on others. People who are genuinely happy with their own lives don't really care about angry and misled people...until something like this happens, and then everyone has an opinion and people want a quick fix reaction.

My point really is- plenty of white people have been born into racist families, have had that shit ingrained in them since day 1, but many of them grow through their own experiences, find happiness, and move as far away from that shit as possible. Racism and hate will hopefully die out with poverty, maybe in a few hundred years if we can start taking care of the planet. None of that will happen though when you have generations of kids who's only skill set is playing xbox live.

I've already said that racism and white supremacy will never die. I've never said it is a quick fix. Some people just don't like to have truthful honest discussions about it.  When the topic gets brought some people try to downplay its significance, deflect blame, or just pretend its not there when its obvious it is.

I agree that families play a role in it but society is a contributer as well imo. People being slient on the issue, people enabling that behavior, and people not checking others for displaying that behavior irl.

News websites on both political spectrums using racism as a means of getting ratings. Political parties using racism as an agenda. The internet influencing the youth. Its so many factors that contribute to it.

All I'm saying is just some people acknowledge the elephant in the room and try to not tolerate that behavior around them and people pass that philosophy down to their children.

Racism and white supremacy will always be relvent long after I'm dead. But maybe we can just make it a slightly better society for my children in the future, and their children, etc  :-\

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »
Expand Quote
The only real positive from this is i hope this opens up the dialogue about true racism in this country. Not just white peoples right to say the N word or a flag, but deep honest discussions on the dangers of racism in the future, how we can explain to our children why his thought process is wrong and should not be tolerated, and what can we do as a society to just make it not as prevalent.

[close]

depends on where you live. my daughter just finished first grade, her class is very diverse and she doesn't even have a language to describe race or have any opinions that are based around race. you have to teach them that stuff. the only racial thing that came up in her class was that there was some kids telling the white kids that they were bad for what the white people did to martin luther king. we mostly only get involved to make sure that she doesn't buy into negative ideas like that but don't get involved in creating these categorizations. you can't really explain racism without first making them think in a way that is honestly, unnaturally for them.

just my experience so far being a dad who's kids are in a pretty diverse and liberal school.

Good post. I don't agree with them teaching that white people are bad because of what happened to MLK (that's pretty fucked up), but its cool that your having those conversations instead of ignoring it. That's just basically the core of my post.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2015, 11:30:24 AM »
i aint racist

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
  • tiger style
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2015, 11:37:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Good post. I don't agree with them teaching that white people are bad because of what happened to MLK (that's pretty fucked up), but its cool that your having those conversations instead of ignoring it. That's just basically the core of my post.

well hopefully i'm not being hyperbolic with the MLK angle but that really is the only racial element that came out of my daughter's first year and really illuminates a big challenge you face as a parent. you can't really talk about MLK, Ghandi, Jesus, etc... without introducing all kinds of complex and awful things about human history. the teachers definitely weren't trying to paint the picture as being that white people were bad but it's really hard to teach shades of grey to kids. the way i dealt with this was to pull up some photos of the marches and showed my daughter how diverse the people involved with the good side were. and that wrong may have been a purely white thing but right was something that all people of all backgrounds were involved in.

but i'm not trying to derail this in the opposite direction. the environment my daughter is raised in is drastically different here in liberal austin than you would find south carolina where they still have a rebel flag. my point was more that if kids are having racist ideas, they are being taught these things. you don't have to un-teach racism as it's a very unnaturally way of thinking as far as i can tell with how my kids see the world at such young ages.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2015, 11:45:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Big Skatefase--

[close]

I've already said that racism and white supremacy will never die. I've never said it is a quick fix. Some people just don't like to have truthful honest discussions about it. �When the topic gets brought some people try to downplay its significance, deflect blame, or just pretend its not there when its obvious it is.

I agree that families play a role in it but society is a contributer as well imo. People being slient on the issue, people enabling that behavior, and people not checking others for displaying that behavior irl.

News websites on both political spectrums using racism as a means of getting ratings. Political parties using racism as an agenda. The internet influencing the youth. Its so many factors that contribute to it.

All I'm saying is just some people acknowledge the elephant in the room and try to not tolerate that behavior around them and people pass that philosophy down to their children.

Racism and white supremacy will always be relvent long after I'm dead. But maybe we can just make it a slightly better society for my children in the future, and their children, etc �:-\

In regard to racism is that pointed towards all races? Some of the most racist people I've ever met in my life were not white. With the new America growing in mixed races and for the most part the media being more excepting of all races the only real reason someone is a racist at this point in time is if that they are being taught that. In regard to the south I've heard people there are very traditional and there a lot of segregation still in certain areas which can continue pass along old negative rituals into young minds. Ignorance is in every shape, race and form and one of the things i hate the most is when someone who isn't white claims they aren't racist even after saying negative things about other races as if only white people are allowed to be racist.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2015, 11:58:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Big Skatefase--

[close]

I've already said that racism and white supremacy will never die. I've never said it is a quick fix. Some people just don't like to have truthful honest discussions about it. �When the topic gets brought some people try to downplay its significance, deflect blame, or just pretend its not there when its obvious it is.

Racism and white supremacy will always be relvent long after I'm dead. But maybe we can just make it a slightly better society for my children in the future, and their children, etc �:-\
[close]

In regard to racism is that pointed towards all races? Some of the most racist people I've ever met in my life were not white. With the new America growing in mixed races and for the most part the media being more excepting of all races the only real reason someone is a racist at this point in time is if that they are being taught that. In regard to the south I've heard people there are very traditional and there a lot of segregation still in certain areas which can continue pass along old negative rituals into young minds. Ignorance is in every shape, race and form and one of the things i hate the most is when someone who isn't white claims they aren't racist even after saying negative things about other races as if only white people are allowed to be racist.

Yes.

Lusty RunchBox

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2015, 12:47:51 PM »
Man if I could rep all you guys Big Skatefase, Monkey_McPott, Spool, etc etc (don't want to type out all the names sorry if I left you out) I would.

You can't ban expression, even if you disagree with it.  That's why the flag stays.  You can't ban hate.  It's literally human nature.  Actual real-life nature is about as unfair as conceivable, it is humans with our superior intellect that have managed to construct in the modern age we live in this artificial state of fairness and although it's imperfect I'm proud we mostly move in the right direction.  (to clarify, "artificial" as in no where else in nature does a dominant group work hard to make a less dominant group equal -- every other species is by an large kill or be killed, dominate or be subjugated).

Anyway, to the posters above on the last page or two, I really agree with the points in your comments and think they were well-stated. 

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »

Lusty RunchBox

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2015, 04:39:56 PM »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2015, 04:53:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

LOL

Yea makes you wonder if one could have possibly bought one before the incident

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2015, 05:20:46 PM »
Expand Quote

Considering you can still find an SS flag, I'm gonna guess that yes, you could.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2015, 05:25:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Considering you can still find an SS flag, I'm gonna guess that yes, you could.

The FUCK!

Lusty RunchBox

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2015, 05:26:24 PM »

Of course you could have it's not illegal to make and sell clothing or hatwear.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2015, 05:59:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Of course you could have it's not illegal to make and sell clothing or hatwear.

No but Google is now showing social responsibility to not let shit like that to be shopped for...which is the whole point that society ignores racism/ systematic oppression, now because of this fuccboi people are addressing it

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2015, 08:04:17 PM »
#killalljewsandniggers still has not been taken down on instagram i cannot believe it

abudabi

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2015, 08:14:09 PM »
i dont get any results for that. 150something for 'killalljews' though.
and yet they took down the #nudes tag...

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2015, 11:21:57 PM »
Our main city where I live has five flags at the entrance of it and sadly one of those was the confederate flag but luckily the city took it down after all of this and replaced it with floridas state flag(I think thats the one they replaced it with). So now these fucking hicks went to this bridge everyone drives under where everyone spraypaints (literally called graffiti bridge) and painted a fucking confederate flag on it in protest of taking the flag down. Some people painted over it cause everything gets tagged over there anyways but they came back and painted it on there again. Just aggravating.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2015, 11:28:02 AM »
Expand Quote

I guess you've never heard of BudK.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ginatran

• Rep: -90
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2015, 09:07:18 PM »

Total Fuckboy.

post a fit cuz right now he is more fa than 99.9 percent of the posters on here.

fangen

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2015, 05:35:17 AM »
they should just throw him in general population in some all black southern prison, way better punishment than the death penalty. anyway, sick of seeing this fuckboy's face and horrible haircut, hopefully everyone forgets about him soon and he dies a nobody.

RIP to all the victims

You're display pic is of a proud racist, smiling as a response to a judge handing down a jail sentence to him for murdering someone.