Author Topic: SICKNESS: supreme kids/strobeck  (Read 33342 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Re: SICKNESS: supreme kids/strobeck
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2015, 06:53:43 AM »
The Cliche kid, Drake and Sheffey 2000 are the ones I like.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2015, 07:50:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
kadow is fully on 3d now, took them a while to put him on

Expand Quote
pablo's chinatown boardslide is also ABD (I know because I have the photo on my wall lol)
[close]
who did that? seemed kinda familiar
[close]
i don't know about the boardslide, but renaud back 50s it in mosaic, which strobeck also filmed.

All the kids killed it in this. That ave line to. This will be on repeat

[close]

Already watched it several times. Skating is sick, music is sick, kids have their own vibe and lines by legends. Plus I like the editing style. Every team has some kinks kind of and I don't see how these kids skating to bahaus and janes addiction to dirty edits is anything like a boy band.

What the fuck is a "dirty edit". The music has very little/nothing to do with the boy band idea. They are curated (as most skateboard teams are) to be putting out a very specific, very calculated image, much like a boy band.. Fat Bill is Lou Pearlman.
p-shuvs and v-flips

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »
can't deny the talent, AVE's line was amazing, but the slow mo and close ups on faces kinda gets old fast. but god damn that last kid can skate. (kevin bradley?)

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2015, 08:13:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
kadow is fully on 3d now, took them a while to put him on

Expand Quote
pablo's chinatown boardslide is also ABD (I know because I have the photo on my wall lol)
[close]
who did that? seemed kinda familiar
[close]
i don't know about the boardslide, but renaud back 50s it in mosaic, which strobeck also filmed.

All the kids killed it in this. That ave line to. This will be on repeat

[close]

Already watched it several times. Skating is sick, music is sick, kids have their own vibe and lines by legends. Plus I like the editing style. Every team has some kinks kind of and I don't see how these kids skating to bahaus and janes addiction to dirty edits is anything like a boy band.
[close]

What the fuck is a "dirty edit". The music has very little/nothing to do with the boy band idea. They are curated (as most skateboard teams are) to be putting out a very specific, very calculated image, much like a boy band.. Fat Bill is Lou Pearlman.

dirty is just how those edits feel to me. describe it how you like, i'm sure you know what i mean.

but

curated (as most skateboard teams are)

was the same point i was trying to make. every team is created around a certain image, that fact alone doesn't make these guys more similar to a boy band than any other team. the only other thing going on here is the edit and music selection. i don't see how either one of those factors puts them any closer to a boy band than any other team. there's really nothing pop about it. to me, something like pretty sweet would be much closer to fitting the pop bill than this. you could have made the same arguments about the baker team around 2g era.

ass nugs

« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2015, 08:59:56 AM »
I feel like Strobeck is using too much of his style in each shot with all these crazy close up shots. I like it to a degree but it feels overdone.

Kevin Bradley deserves to be pro. That kickflip into the fountain is insane. I hope he puts out a full part in Chronicles.
the way he filmed that back tail to back three line looked really good though. that dude is mad nice at back 3s

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3334
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2015, 09:06:33 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where is AVE going so fast
[close]

He probably didn't want to look like a pussy with all of Dennis's lines being so fast there.

My favorite trick was when Drake tailslid the curved hubba, who knew lil wayne got him hyped on skating

All jokes aside, I did enjoy this edit and am going to roll around now
[close]

i feel bad if you actually thought this was a funny thing to say and you weren't just being a racist piece of shit.

Saying that someone looks like someone is not racist. Jesus.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2015, 12:27:19 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

He probably didn't want to look like a pussy with all of Dennis's lines being so fast there.

My favorite trick was when Drake tailslid the curved hubba, who knew lil wayne got him hyped on skating

All jokes aside, I did enjoy this edit and am going to roll around now
[close]

i feel bad if you actually thought this was a funny thing to say and you weren't just being a racist piece of shit.
[close]

I think it can be if the two people look nothing alike except for being a similar color.
In this case I can kinda see it. Though I never noticed it before. Maybe the bushy eyebrows?

I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Lusty RunchBox

« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2015, 12:33:45 PM »

^^ Exactly.  These people honestly degrade the harm that is caused my racism, homophobia, etc my trying to shame battle every turn of phrase into a game of "who's the worst". 

You should check out the Bam thread where town bitchmade Otaku has his jimmies in a jam over the word "Gypsy".  It's fairly epic. 

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2015, 01:46:26 PM »

Tyshawn = Yung Eddie Murphy ???
haha
bruh do need a lineup tho

crackaollie

• Rep: 8
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2015, 02:11:14 PM »
Fade out to ghost style and right on time when lyrics went ''White on white'', makes me wonder was it on purpose?

coneklr

« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2015, 02:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it can be if the two people look nothing alike except for being a similar color.
In this case I can kinda see it. Though I never noticed it before. Maybe the bushy eyebrows?

I agree with both of these statements ... hair/eyebrows/beard/some other facial minutia were similar, so much so that when that scene went by I thought it and laughed. nbd.  Not racist at all if the two people actually look alike.

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2015, 03:19:21 PM »
Fade out to ghost style and right on time when lyrics went ''White on white'', makes me wonder was it on purpose?

buh
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2015, 03:27:16 PM »
i just wish someone OTHER than supreme was making this stuff.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2015, 03:50:47 PM »
not trying to be that guy because I thought this video was sick, but I could've done all 2 of Sean Pablo's tricks with even more effeminate hand gestures and even bleachier hair, so where the fuck is my box Supreme?

you probably suck to be around, plus this is what someone filmed on a quick trip to SF with their friends, not a part they were working on for a year.
I need a coffee

nashodil

• Rep: -5
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »
b3n_k

nice_guy_2

« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2015, 04:22:23 PM »
i love sean pablo and his clothes

Bukkakekills

• Rep: -2
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2015, 04:49:46 PM »

Wauly Palnuts

« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2015, 05:26:58 PM »
I've never understood the ill will Supreme gets from some people on SLAP. Disregard the hype bullshit, and just embrace the brand for the skateboarding roots it has.

Lusty RunchBox

« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2015, 05:48:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've never understood the ill will Supreme gets from some people on SLAP. Disregard the hype bullshit, and just embrace the brand for the skateboarding roots it has.

Haha it's slap -- a truly representative slice of humanity where 5% of the posters are elite, 20% have passable intelligence, and the remaining 75% are bitter whiners who can't effect the change in their lives they so sorely yearn for. 

The latter of whom contribute a larger percentage of the "thats so lame, teenagers, with hair dos and shitty music, what lame-os" rhetoric you cite. 

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2015, 06:10:16 PM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2015, 06:16:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Haha it's slap -- a truly representative slice of humanity where 5% of the posters are elite, 20% have passable intelligence, and the remaining 75% are bitter whiners who can't effect the change in their lives they so sorely yearn for.  

The latter of whom contribute a larger percentage of the "thats so lame, teenagers, with hair dos and shitty music, what lame-os" rhetoric you cite.  

straight

« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2015, 06:21:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

effect the change. we know what percentage you fall into

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2015, 07:07:32 PM »

That is all. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2015, 07:23:55 PM »

That is all. 

And that switch lip, monster back tail, so much good stuff

Lusty RunchBox

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2015, 07:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The irony of you not knowing the difference between affect and effect the the relevant proper uses is too rich to bear.

You effect change.  The way it affects you is a whole different matter  :D :D

http://grammarist.com/usage/affect-effect/

You'll find sentences five and six to be quite helpful. 

nice_guy_2

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »
wow learning

colin

« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2015, 09:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
AVE is going to a party in a tree so fast. now do you like his hat? yes, yes i like AVE's party hat.
GO! DOGS! GO!

What a reference!
Reading that book to The Kid has reminded me how much it used to trip me out when I was little

shark tits

« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2015, 09:39:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
AVE is going to a party in a tree so fast. now do you like his hat? yes, yes i like AVE's party hat.
GO! DOGS! GO!
[close]

What a reference!
Reading that book to The Kid has reminded me how much it used to trip me out when I was little

when she was 2 my sister stuck a screw up her nose or swallowed a quarter, some dummy shit and they had that book in the waiting room. think someone prolly had to read it to me but i been a fan since.

straight

« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2015, 07:08:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

The irony of you not knowing the difference between affect and effect the the relevant proper uses is too rich to bear.

You effect change.  The way it affects you is a whole different matter  :D :D

http://grammarist.com/usage/affect-effect/

You'll find sentences five and six to be quite helpful. 

I know where I stand

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2015, 03:05:11 PM »
Supreme vídeos always get 5 pages bonus.