Author Topic: SICKNESS: supreme kids/strobeck  (Read 33341 times)

dougDfresh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
Re: SICKNESS: supreme kids/strobeck
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2015, 09:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where is AVE going so fast
[close]
AVE is going to a party in a tree so fast. now do you like his hat? yes, yes i like AVE's party hat.
GO! DOGS! GO!
[close]

What a reference!
Reading that book to The Kid has reminded me how much it used to trip me out when I was little

[close]
when she was 2 my sister stuck a screw up her nose or swallowed a quarter, some dummy shit and they had that book in the waiting room. think someone prolly had to read it to me but i been a fan since.

lol, never thought I would be seeing this here, however, glad I am. My 3 year old daughter loves Dr. Seuss, but in particular all the stuff written by P.D. Eastman is her favorite. Go, Dog. Go! is among these.

Anyhow, back to Supercream. I think Bill did an awesome job! Very entertaining video from the offset when that woman challenges the viewer to a stare down. Pretty fucked, but entertaining. Don't know what name goes with with what face, because I am old, but these kids (or young adults) rip. Clipper, head-high-ledge, EMB, etc... SICK!

The only thing that seemed off was AVE's line. It looked like left over Vans footage, which still looks sick, but was the only thing that did not match Bill's panning. Bill, you should have put that shit through Imovie / Final Cut Pro and hit KEN BURNS EFFECT and called it a day.

zarathustra

• Rep: -8
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2015, 10:23:21 AM »
best fucking book ever. sickness was rad too, esp opening scene. fat bill is a legend...

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2015, 10:44:09 AM »
These strobeck supreme edits are rad. This one needed more Ben Kadow. His facial expression right before he switch lip slides that curved rail..

sms_b

« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2015, 11:22:41 AM »
kevin bradley. gawd damn. that ender was still-born.

Q bert

• Rep: -13
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2015, 08:16:26 PM »
kevin's back tail was fucked up.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2015, 08:28:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
AVE is going to a party in a tree so fast. now do you like his hat? yes, yes i like AVE's party hat.
GO! DOGS! GO!
[close]

What a reference!
Reading that book to The Kid has reminded me how much it used to trip me out when I was little

[close]
when she was 2 my sister stuck a screw up her nose or swallowed a quarter, some dummy shit and they had that book in the waiting room. think someone prolly had to read it to me but i been a fan since.
[close]

lol, never thought I would be seeing this here, however, glad I am. My 3 year old daughter loves Dr. Seuss, but in particular all the stuff written by P.D. Eastman is her favorite. Go, Dog. Go! is among these.

Anyhow, back to Supercream. I think Bill did an awesome job! Very entertaining video from the offset when that woman challenges the viewer to a stare down. Pretty fucked, but entertaining. Don't know what name goes with with what face, because I am old, but these kids (or young adults) rip. Clipper, head-high-ledge, EMB, etc... SICK!

The only thing that seemed off was AVE's line. It looked like left over Vans footage, which still looks sick, but was the only thing that did not match Bill's panning. Bill, you should have put that shit through Imovie / Final Cut Pro and hit KEN BURNS EFFECT and called it a day.

Benny Maglinao filmed the AVE line.

fredtempleton

• Rep: -11
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2015, 08:30:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
kadow is fully on 3d now, took them a while to put him on

Expand Quote
pablo's chinatown boardslide is also ABD (I know because I have the photo on my wall lol)
[close]
who did that? seemed kinda familiar
[close]
i don't know about the boardslide, but renaud back 50s it in mosaic, which strobeck also filmed.

All the kids killed it in this. That ave line to. This will be on repeat

[close]

Already watched it several times. Skating is sick, music is sick, kids have their own vibe and lines by legends. Plus I like the editing style. Every team has some kinks kind of and I don't see how these kids skating to bahaus and janes addiction to dirty edits is anything like a boy band.
[close]

What the fuck is a "dirty edit". The music has very little/nothing to do with the boy band idea. They are curated (as most skateboard teams are) to be putting out a very specific, very calculated image, much like a boy band.. Fat Bill is Lou Pearlman.
[close]

dirty is just how those edits feel to me. describe it how you like, i'm sure you know what i mean.

but

curated (as most skateboard teams are)

was the same point i was trying to make. every team is created around a certain image, that fact alone doesn't make these guys more similar to a boy band than any other team. the only other thing going on here is the edit and music selection. i don't see how either one of those factors puts them any closer to a boy band than any other team. there's really nothing pop about it. to me, something like pretty sweet would be much closer to fitting the pop bill than this. you could have made the same arguments about the baker team around 2g era.

ya wouldnt having a cohesive look just make u like every regular band ex. bauhaus

Ipromise2neversmokeweed

« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2015, 12:49:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

He probably didn't want to look like a pussy with all of Dennis's lines being so fast there.

My favorite trick was when Drake tailslid the curved hubba, who knew lil wayne got him hyped on skating

All jokes aside, I did enjoy this edit and am going to roll around now
[close]

i feel bad if you actually thought this was a funny thing to say and you weren't just being a racist piece of shit.
[close]

I fucking paused it and looked at the pic to make sure because I knew there'd be some dick like you that was gonna say this, he does look like Drake in that clip dick.  I'm pretty fucking far from racist.  So was it racist when the dude said the other dude looked like BA because they were both white with a shaved head?

i bet you have at least one mumford and sons song in your itunes.

stiflersmom

• Rep: -14
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2015, 01:14:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

He probably didn't want to look like a pussy with all of Dennis's lines being so fast there.

My favorite trick was when Drake tailslid the curved hubba, who knew lil wayne got him hyped on skating

[close]

i feel bad if you actually thought this was a funny thing to say and you weren't just being a racist piece of shit.
[close]

I fucking paused it and looked at the pic to make sure because I knew there'd be some dick like you that was gonna say this, he does look like Drake in that clip dick.  I'm pretty fucking far from racist.  So was it racist when the dude said the other dude looked like BA because they were both white with a shaved head?

[close]
hahahahahahaahahaaahahhahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

shut it cunt

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2015, 02:15:33 AM »
was kevin bradley really the first person to back tail the oakland court house ?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2015, 06:12:38 AM »
Probably, I can't think of anyone front tailing it either.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

gearingupforgettingdown

• Rep: -149
« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2015, 06:18:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i like mumford and sons, go ahead, talk shit fucboi

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2015, 07:27:36 AM »

John Fitzgerald in his life splicing part, if I'm not mistaken ?

Randozzi

« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2015, 08:30:04 AM »

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2015, 08:48:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
GO! DOGS! GO!
[close]

What a reference!

[close]
[close]

Dr.Seuss is the best. I buy this shirt yesterday. $2  8)

Fox in socks is my favorite !

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2015, 07:43:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah, that's some homophobic shit right there.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

FUSE

• Rep: -20
    • Beats avatar image
« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish like a motherfucker.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2015, 06:59:49 PM »
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2015, 12:11:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

@2:00

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2015, 01:52:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

@2:00

Cairo 1:56

Daryl Angel got smoked trying back tail at the beginning of his Origin part

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2015, 04:05:54 AM »
I agree with the boy band comments.

I liked the filming, editing and music but I can't help but feel that most of these guys are kind of regressive to skating.

The last couple of tricks, the nollie fs heel and sw lip were dope though
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

2thick

• Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »

I liked the filming, editing and music but I can't help but feel that most of these guys are kind of regressive to skating.

regressive in what way? That's interesting as I've never really heard them described that way

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2015, 12:02:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
regressive in what way? That's interesting as I've never really heard them described that way
Here's some relevant analysis on this issue:
http://smltalk.com/2015/06/29/sean-pablo-and-the-one-down-a-case-study/

shit_for_brains

« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2015, 01:53:00 PM »
I'm not necessarily for or against Sean Pablo, but I appreciate that people shit on him from time to time. Being mean is fun.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2015, 02:17:53 PM »
Calling the Supreme kids regressive because of Sean Pablo would be similar to calling the Baker team regressive because of Shane Heyl.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1173
« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2015, 02:19:09 PM »
or SLAP regressive because of Tracer
hardly art, hardly starving

2thick

• Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2015, 05:48:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

that article was fuckin dumb

Wauly Palnuts

« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2015, 08:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I don't like you 2thick, your username is something an amateur BBW would use and you slob on these kids knob's 2much (see what I did there).

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2015, 08:32:21 PM »
kadow of 3d? no more photos or videos on the ig https://instagram.com/3dskateboards/?hl=en
weird move right after turning am.. probably joining his friends on fa or hockey. i love BA but 3d is boring

2thick

« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2015, 09:17:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I don't like you 2thick, your username is something an amateur BBW would use and you slob on these kids knob's 2much (see what I did there).
not even, that just made no sense. The guy is saying you can't do a trick at a spot if someone else already did a harder trick there  ??? ???
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:30:40 PM by 2thick »