Author Topic: jamie thomas, mean side?  (Read 100216 times)

loose girlfriends

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 27
Re: jamie thomas, mean side?
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2011, 03:41:42 AM »
Not sure if it's been said before, sorry if it has.

Thanks Jamie for getting Chris out of those ugly XXL yellow enjoi tee's.

Kinda wish the photoshop thing was true , that made me laugh. But either way Jamie will always be the shit.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2011, 03:55:53 AM »
Hey Jamie, that BS 5.0 you did down the long hubba at Truro Plaza in last months Sidewalk magazine was fucking rad, that thing is mean

DeerTay

• Rep: -5
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2011, 07:44:39 AM »
Jaime, why wouldn't you signed Dan Watson's piece of plastic? Total dick move right thur.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
In that new cold war page, tom karangelov gets interviewed and he said that he always filming in hunington beach with his friends so it seems like he doesn't even skate with the team that often. he also said all the footage he uses for his part depends on what the chief likes

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2011, 10:09:53 AM »
Jamie Thomas used to date my sister. He was always really cool until he called my dad a faggot because he ate activa yogurt.

bandini

« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2011, 11:19:16 AM »
Can we please get back to doing something sensible now, like hating on Berra?

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »
JT sat right behind me at the One Step Beyond premiere.  He did not throw popcorn.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »
In that new cold war page, tom karangelov gets interviewed and he said that he always filming in hunington beach with his friends so it seems like he doesn't even skate with the team that often. he also said all the footage he uses for his part depends on what the chief likes

...this is a weird post man; it's like you're trying to add fuel to the fire, but you got nothing, so you're tryin to fabricate some crap.
we skate w Tom all the time, dude's so tight. Like any video, the editors and the riders picks what's used; I am in fact one of the editors for the company that I run. weird, huh?!
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65251
  • Team -65K
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2011, 12:56:12 PM »
I remember right before the finals of one of the first Battle at the Berrics-editions, JT posted the winner here.

That was SO MEAN!!!!

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2011, 01:38:17 PM »
This thread is amazing! Just sat here and read the entire thing!
  On the note of Cole being forced into wearing clothes that Jamie wants that is obviously a total joke. Cole now has his own clothing company not through blackbox that going to be making all the same weird gear that Cole wears all the time. Cole even addressed it in an interview that he wanted to dress like that. People change as they grow up.
 As far as the Ryan Smith story Smith even says that he is hyped that JT made him go for it. Also apparently he was claiming and they drove a long ass way for him to go do it only for him to get there and change his mind. Smith also says its different when JT talks you into trying a trick because he skates with you all the time and knows your potential and how you skate. I absolutely hate it when you go out to a spot and your stressing and some random photographer or skate dude you just met is all like ''You totally got it man! Just go for it...'' trying to talk you into doing shit when they have no clue if you are going to just kill yourself. But its different when its a friend and they know your potential and are trying to push you.
  Dave Carnie is constantly joking around so you cant really take anything he says seriously. Especially with an email interview! Sarcasm is pretty hard to detect via email...
 As far as his personality I have a few friends that work for/with him and distributers for Zero and everyone always speaks very highly of him.

Magic Pizza

• Rep: 175
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2011, 01:50:59 PM »
^^ Well yes but these conclusions actually require some rational thinking skills, and this is a highly unskilled workforce.

Gil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2011, 02:15:26 PM »
It's interesting to see the trend in all threads like this. A bunch of people talk shit on the dude who has a slap account (seems like it's usually The Chief). Then dude comes in, quickly denies the crazy rumors, and sets things straight. All of a sudden everybody loves him, and there's a couple pages of dick riding before the thread dies. Flip-floppers man...
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2011, 02:19:39 PM »
It's interesting to see the trend in all threads like this. A bunch of people talk shit on the dude who has a slap account (seems like it's usually The Chief). Then dude comes in, quickly denies the crazy rumors, and sets things straight. All of a sudden everybody loves him, and there's a couple pages of dick riding before the thread dies. Flip-floppers man...

chaz should do something like this. oh no, wait, his new part will shut the haters up anyway.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 384
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2011, 05:25:51 PM »
This thread is amazing! Just sat here and read the entire thing!
  On the note of Cole being forced into wearing clothes that Jamie wants that is obviously a total joke. Cole now has his own clothing company not through blackbox that going to be making all the same weird gear that Cole wears all the time. Cole even addressed it in an interview that he wanted to dress like that. People change as they grow up.

I think he even said something to the effect that he was getting clothes from the thrift store when he was making his sponsor-me videos because that was all he could afford.

Expand Quote
[close]

chaz should do something like this. oh no, wait, his new part will shut the haters up anyway.

It worked for Sheckler didn't it?

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »
 i like how this thread is like 7 pages of people shitting on jamie thomas until he posts in the thread calling people out. from that post on its all people saying how much they are in love with jamie thomas.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2011, 06:17:42 PM »
the first however many pages are over 3 years old though. when jamie didnt post here/people didnt suck up quite as much as now.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

ihitmyheadalot

• Rep: 1
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2011, 07:55:28 PM »
Why does it have to be sucking up.  Why can't it just be a random post on slap saying STFU i think dudes ok..  I certainly know  I've met my share of industry dudes and of those guys i've met a few who in my opinion were total douchbags...  but at the end of the day i honestly believe i'm always going to make base my opinion of someone on my own observations rather then nonsense i read on the internet/rumors i hear.
the fact that jamie tends to drop by to set things straight.. check in.. or just clear the air when things arent ok kind of just says something about character.

In 25 years of skateboarding I've seroiusly bought one blackbox product.  I didnt like it.. so its not like i have a reason to kiss his ass..

Theres a little part of me that there's a gang mentality on any message board where 70% of the population is just going to do whatever the majority is doing cause its the "in" slap thing to do at the moment..   

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2011, 08:57:34 PM »

koo_
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2011, 09:00:28 PM »
FTW

Gil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2011, 09:29:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

koo_
Ha. Does that _ represent a k?
So cool that JT called me a kook... but why would you say that to me when I wasn't talking shit on you or anything? Just said it's funny to watch people follow the pack on here.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

achis123

« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2011, 10:39:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

koo_
[close]
Ha. Does that _ represent a k?
So cool that JT called me a kook... but why would you say that to me when I wasn't talking shit on you or anything? Just said it's funny to watch people follow the pack on here.
or "_" could be a l witch would then spell kool..who knows (JT does..)

hekkahyphy

« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2011, 11:43:15 PM »
One time jt said his team wasn't in king of the road one yr cause they got so tired of winning them. I bought my first zero deck after that.
On another note insights pity the cool pants are so comfortable

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2011, 12:44:32 AM »
Remember that big foot hoax a few years ago that was all over the news? I heard Jamie Thomas was behind that.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2011, 02:23:55 AM »
Do you still have your grill from Chomp? Also, sig'd.

FTW
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Molusk One

« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2011, 02:29:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

koo_

So he's a kook for bringing up a perfectly valid point?

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2011, 03:49:23 AM »
JT kidnapped the Limbergh baby.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2220
  • computer says no
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2011, 05:48:35 AM »

As one of those dick riding flip floppers, I'd like to point out that shit didn't flip instantly for him when he started posting here. That, and keeping a certain attitude towards a person (like I had) and keeping it just for the sake of keeping it is a little insane, especially when you've talked, met, yadda yadda. I mean, either that feeling would be reinforced or it would be unnecessary to keep.

Last one, and i could be mistaken... but I'm pretty sure koo = one way of saying cool on the innarneds.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2011, 07:39:40 AM »
This thread is hilarious

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2011, 04:34:52 PM »
wow, way to dredge up an old thread.

god, fuck all these new kids on here.

I need a coffee

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2011, 07:01:20 PM »
I don't want to see anyone fucking any kids. Even God.

You are a sick bastard.