Author Topic: jamie thomas, mean side?  (Read 100321 times)

happenstance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: jamie thomas, mean side?
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »
wow, way to dredge up an old thread.

god, fuck all these new kids on here.

Seriously, because everyone that made an account on the day you started yours or earlier is totally enlightened.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's interesting to see the trend in all threads like this. A bunch of people talk shit on the dude who has a slap account (seems like it's usually The Chief). Then dude comes in, quickly denies the crazy rumors, and sets things straight. All of a sudden everybody loves him, and there's a couple pages of dick riding before the thread dies. Flip-floppers man...
[close]

koo_
[close]

So he's a kook for bringing up a perfectly valid point?

I obviously meant Kool, duh!
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

vulc

• Rep: -49
« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2011, 09:00:53 PM »
i just melon grabbed the leap of faith

pollutedvision

« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »
Expand Quote
In that new cold war page, tom karangelov gets interviewed and he said that he always filming in hunington beach with his friends so it seems like he doesn't even skate with the team that often. he also said all the footage he uses for his part depends on what the chief likes
[close]

...this is a weird post man; it's like you're trying to add fuel to the fire, but you got nothing, so you're tryin to fabricate some crap.
we skate w Tom all the time, dude's so tight. Like any video, the editors and the riders picks what's used; I am in fact one of the editors for the company that I run. weird, huh?!

I've seen his homie film and he's really good at it, so I at least think a lot of the footage they get will be used in Cold War. These kids have really no full time jobs they'll get stacked on footy. Also Tom is always going trips with Zero.

Molusk One

« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2011, 04:44:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's interesting to see the trend in all threads like this. A bunch of people talk shit on the dude who has a slap account (seems like it's usually The Chief). Then dude comes in, quickly denies the crazy rumors, and sets things straight. All of a sudden everybody loves him, and there's a couple pages of dick riding before the thread dies. Flip-floppers man...
[close]

koo_
[close]

Interesting.....
So he's a kook for bringing up a perfectly valid point?
[close]

I obviously meant Kool, duh!

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2011, 07:12:52 AM »
wow, way to dredge up an old thread.

god, fuck all these new kids on here.

Yeah bro!! Youre so much better and cooler than everyone else because you've been active on a internet forum longer than them. How can I be like you?

ratherwatch

« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2011, 08:23:44 AM »
For what it's worth:
I used to work on a magazine that was approached somewhere in the mix about doing an interview with Jamie. There was some confusion about what the sequencing of the approach was, I didn't think it was particularly strong by his own high standards, and at the peak of his popularity I was loathe to appear like we were rolling over to the Europeans who didn't back the mag but slated it anyway, so I rejected it. That was at least partly down to weakness on my behalf.
Long story short, I later met Jamie, talked to him about it and not only was he genuine, frank and honest about how he felt it was handled, but he also took my viewpoint squarely on the chin. Not only that but he never pulled his ads from the mag even when he had been jogged on by a nobody, which compared to some of the crybaby cool guys I came across marks him out as a solid and admirable chap.
 There is no moral to this other than that I came away realising that my pre- conceived notions of him said more about me than they did about him, that he was pretty much 180 degrees the opposite of what I expected, and while I couldn't match his drive I couldn't fault his heart either.
 People I know claim to remember him sleeping rough at EMB. He came into a business which wouldn't give him daylight, which wanted to use his talent to line other peoples' pockets, he saw what he wanted and reached out and took it with neither help nor encouragement from his 'industry' peers, many of whose business practices would make Tony Soprano wince. You couldn't do that in skating without being forthright, and you couldn't get to where he has and opened as many doors as he has for others (let us not forget) by running a creche.
 More generally, my experience of skating has been that the guys who are considered outsiders are usually the most genuine, and the guys 'everybody loves' are political rats. So basically I'd like to thank him, ironically. Give me one straight talker over ten people who talk out the side of their mouths any day. At least he comes from skating.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2011, 09:39:21 AM »
i like jamie thomas

stickman1980

• Rep: 0
« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »
Jamie Thomas - Welcome to Hell one of my all time favorite parts...

http://www.zeroskateboards.com Cold War is going to be rad.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #249 on: December 05, 2011, 12:05:34 AM »
The only person who can give a completely accurate judgement of whether Jamie Thomas is a dick or not is Jamie himself, because no one else is able to account for every instance in his life except him.  So bitching about how much of a dick he is or praising him isn't going to really do anything because at the end of the day, Jamie will still be Jamie.

I honestly don't care about what kind of person he is.  He rips, and that's good enough for me.

And bumping an old thread like this makes you look like a kook.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

apad88

« Reply #250 on: December 05, 2011, 12:25:40 AM »
The only person who can give a completely accurate judgement of whether Jamie Thomas is a dick or not is Jamie himself, because no one else is able to account for every instance in his life except him.  So bitching about how much of a dick he is or praising him isn't going to really do anything because at the end of the day, Jamie will still be Jamie.

I honestly don't care about what kind of person he is.  He rips, and that's good enough for me.
Your mom rips.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #251 on: December 05, 2011, 03:20:36 AM »
Lets say he is a dick, what are you little bitches gonna do? Not buy his product?

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #252 on: December 05, 2011, 07:47:58 AM »

from most experiences the actual person is the least reliable source for an unbiased opinion of self, cause its not really possible. you seem like a person, and i dont need you to tell me for me to know its true.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #253 on: December 05, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #254 on: December 05, 2011, 11:40:55 AM »
^this....surprised though that it took 7 or 8 pages. It's like the $$$shot on a thread like this.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #255 on: December 05, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »
I met the JT once at an expo. Dude is a total jock, just alpha as shit like live and let live man. Always trying to one up peoples jokes or go "ya right I know" or "dude! thats so rad" when were talking about throwing a plastic cup in a trash can. Fake ass hypocrite manipulative facist who beleives in GOD an imaganery guy in the sky who sill send you to hell for eternity if you are arab, chinese or jerk off. And whats with making all your riders dress like goths and having them do airwalk boardslides down 30 stair handrails while wearing bandanas, JT you have no style u should be more like gonz look at how he runs crooked, I could not imagine van wastell ever conforming to JT's dress code or skate style. FU Jamie cut this prebubiscint teenage angst demographic you are trying to sell to, this is skateboarding not "iM A FUCKIN REBEL SKATEBOARDER YEAGH AND I RIDE MOTORCYCLES AND LISTEN ONLY TO DEATH METAL AND FUCK GETTING AN EDUCATION AND FUCK EVERYONE BECAUSE NOONE UNDERSTANDS ME, BOOHOO". Also GOD fucking GOD dude in the 21st century there are still people that beleive in this over simplification of how the universe works! You think the universe gives a shit about your books and not having sex before youre married fuckin tard. Become an atheist Jamie and I garantee I will only buy black box, until then I dont like "your kind of people." Fuckin science has been screwed by these twats for years, we couldnt start reaserch on growing legs and arms for soldiers for 10 years because of you religous fuckers, you have no morals it join us or an eternity of suffering, GOD IS A FACIST, MANIPULATIVE CONTROL FREAK.
George Carlin - Religion is bullshit.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #256 on: December 05, 2011, 01:29:35 PM »
Become an atheist Jamie and I garantee I will only buy black box, until then I dont like "your kind of people."
George Carlin - Religion is bullshit.

So as of now you are buying Flip only?

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2011, 01:40:19 PM »
I could not imagine van wastell ever conforming to JT's dress code or skate style.

Thats because he's dead

DayMan

• Rep: -3
« Reply #258 on: December 05, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »
Expand Quote
its all true! and hes a war vet not jesus.
[close]

and what war did he fight in?

the cold war!

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #259 on: December 05, 2011, 07:21:30 PM »
jamie is sick. he has done some weird things but, no one can make you dress/look/skate a certain way. it's not like there's anyone on zero/mystery/fallen/slave that couldn't find another sponsor. he made a company (5 companies actually) that have a particular image to each one & the people that ride for them aren't forced into wearing anything they don't want to. do you think he says "hey garrett, i'll give you an extra 500 bucks this month if you shave half of your head & wear these half red/half black pants"? no... that mother fucker reads harry potter, he was weird in the first place. tom asta wears the same shit he always has. cole may have said that jamie sent him "gothic" clothes but, that dude has gone back & forth between dress styles more then anyone i can think of & anyone can admit that he looked sickest in new blood/hotwax compared to this new wristband & keychain weird shit he has going on. the point is, jamie is sick. anyone that thinks he is corrupt has obviously never been a buisness man or, a successful one at least. also, how many of you buy anything from blackbox? exactly. so who cares? jamie, keep doing you man. even if that means dressing like John Fogerty everyday.  ;)

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Mccauly

• Rep: 1
« Reply #260 on: December 06, 2011, 12:21:18 AM »
at the time of the "welcome to hell" or "misled youth" videos, he was one of my favorites,

In 2007 I was in Barcelona an saw the Zero/ Fallen Guys at MACBA filming for strange world. It was really weird to see, how they came early in the morning and had a few people on the scene just taking care that no strangers making photos or filming with their mobiles.

Then they wanted to shoot Cole's 360 kf down the big four. Cole was wearing a shirt of some metal band, and before he started trying
he got in a disussion with Jamie because of the shirt. Jamie made some teamguy giving his Zero shirt to Cole for the shoot. It was way too big and dirty and Cole looked really pissed about having to wear this shirt. He claimed that it was too big and he looked stupid, so Jamie took a knive an cut the shirt a little bit shorter. It looked way more stupid than before. Anyway, Cole started a few god looking tries of his trick but had to give up because of the slams. He probably went back the next day to make it, but unfortunately I never saw the footage of that ad...

What was really impressing, was Jamies fs nosegrind 180 down that old MACBA Ledge/ Wall. He went full speed an made it a few times just trying to look perfect on video. I could even sneak a pic of that trick...luckily they didn't see me...    ;D

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #261 on: December 06, 2011, 12:42:06 AM »
jamie thomas: skateboarder, business man, tailor.

Arlhem

• Rep: -2
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2011, 09:52:19 AM »
Then they wanted to shoot Cole's 360 kf down the big four. Cole was wearing a shirt of some metal band, and before he started trying
he got in a disussion with Jamie because of the shirt. Jamie made some teamguy giving his Zero shirt to Cole for the shoot. It was way too big and dirty and Cole looked really pissed about having to wear this shirt. He claimed that it was too big and he looked stupid, so Jamie took a knive an cut the shirt a little bit shorter.

Seems like a believable story.
''I guess my mother never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch'' - Jack Nicholson

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #263 on: December 07, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »
Lots of inane babble... And a George Carlin video.

Your mommy should limit your caffeine intake.

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2011, 03:48:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
My mom died in thailand asshole. Im all groen up now im 23!

If that's true, it's sad, but I didn't say anything degrading about your mother so don't try to make me feel like a bad person.

And don't take things so literally. My little brother hung himself a few years ago but I don't flip out on someone if they mention him or crack a suicide joke. I understand being sensitive but there's also a line that wasn't crossed here.

Most importantly, don't constantly be a dick to other people then try to pull guilt trip shit when someone makes a smartass comment, Mr "all grown up."

No mongz

• Rep: -6
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »

Money Black

• Rep: 4
« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

If that's true, it's sad, but I didn't say anything degrading about your mother so don't try to make me feel like a bad person.

And don't take things so literally. My little brother hung himself a few years ago but I don't flip out on someone if they mention him or crack a suicide joke. I understand being sensitive but there's also a line that wasn't crossed here.

Most importantly, don't constantly be a dick to other people then try to pull guilt trip shit when someone makes a smartass comment, Mr "all grown up."

nah dude, you took it too far...

haha kidding i hate assholes that pull that shit on me

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Hanged. My little brother hanged himself. People are hanged, pictures are hung.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #268 on: December 09, 2011, 12:47:29 AM »
Zero is wack as fuck!

Buddy G

« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2011, 01:39:30 AM »
Zero is wack as fuck!

i've never really been at all into any of jamies companies and used to strongly feel that they/he had a negative impact on skating as a whole..

however, as long as Mystery keep making symmetrical 7.8 decks they will be all i buy and my favourite company for lyfe.